Author Topic: It's time  (Read 8767 times)

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: It's time
« Reply #68 on: October 28, 2013, 11:02:00 AM »
Quote from: BigRuss
Quote from: Diesel2112
Day 8

Nothing really dramatic happening right now, craves are consistent but not like they were early on, sleep is still pretty hard to come by.  The 1st weekend was tough, I think I thought about chewing every hour both Saturday and Sunday.  Not using the fake much anymore, jolly ranchers or mints work fine.

Kind of been a little down and depressed the last few days.  Sounds like that's pretty normal.
Yep. It is normal. So don't feel bad that you feel this way, as you are walking the same path as many quitters before you. Take comfort in know that the path has some beautiful shit at the end of it. Just keep trudging along, one step at a time. You feel like you can't go on or need a shoulder to help you walk, then come here and we will help you.

I sought the help of a professional counselor and shrink when I quit, as I fell into a dark place.

They pointed out that as silly as it sounds, that quitting an addiction like nicotine is equivalent to losing a loved one, and just like when you lose a love one GRIEF comes into play as you miss it/them. They schooled me on the five stages of grief and I was amazed at how they ran in lock step to how I was feeling:

1. Denial and Isolation
2. Anger
3. Bargaining
4. Depression/sadness
5. Acceptance

I shlubbed around 1-4 for quite some time. Even when I got to #5 I would wonder back up the ladder once in a while.

Good news is that this is only a small snapshot in your life. You WILL NOT feel this way forever. I know it sucks now, but with each +1 you post, no matter how big the struggle, you are earning a small victory. Eventually those small victories add up and things will become easier and easier. I doubted this, even though many vets told me the same thing when I was where you are now. They were 100% right, and so am I.

Hang in there. Their are great things ahead, beautiful things. If I told you how great I feel to today, compared to when I was addicted to chew, you wouldn't believe me.

You got this shit. Keep grinding!
Thanks for the info Diesel as I'm feeling all of those things right now. My mind keeps repeating the same things over and over. Really, never gonna chew again? Just gonna embrace where I am right now and move on, it's fine to feel down for a while.
Yes. FOR AWHILE. Just keep in mind, better days are ahead!!!

I promise you this!!!

If things never got better, my ass would have been out of here. But they do, so I'm still here telling you the same shit, people told me.

Hang in there, bro!
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline BigRuss

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #67 on: October 28, 2013, 10:48:00 AM »
Day 8

Nothing really dramatic happening right now, craves are consistent but not like they were early on, sleep is still pretty hard to come by.  The 1st weekend was tough, I think I thought about chewing every hour both Saturday and Sunday.  Not using the fake much anymore, jolly ranchers or mints work fine.

Kind of been a little down and depressed the last few days.  Sounds like that's pretty normal.
Yep. It is normal. So don't feel bad that you feel this way, as you are walking the same path as many quitters before you. Take comfort in know that the path has some beautiful shit at the end of it. Just keep trudging along, one step at a time. You feel like you can't go on or need a shoulder to help you walk, then come here and we will help you.

I sought the help of a professional counselor and shrink when I quit, as I fell into a dark place.

They pointed out that as silly as it sounds, that quitting an addiction like nicotine is equivalent to losing a loved one, and just like when you lose a love one GRIEF comes into play as you miss it/them. They schooled me on the five stages of grief and I was amazed at how they ran in lock step to how I was feeling:

1. Denial and Isolation
2. Anger
3. Bargaining
4. Depression/sadness
5. Acceptance

I shlubbed around 1-4 for quite some time. Even when I got to #5 I would wonder back up the ladder once in a while.

Good news is that this is only a small snapshot in your life. You WILL NOT feel this way forever. I know it sucks now, but with each +1 you post, no matter how big the struggle, you are earning a small victory. Eventually those small victories add up and things will become easier and easier. I doubted this, even though many vets told me the same thing when I was where you are now. They were 100% right, and so am I.

Hang in there. Their are great things ahead, beautiful things. If I told you how great I feel to today, compared to when I was addicted to chew, you wouldn't believe me.

Thanks for the info Diesel as I'm feeling all of those things right now. My mind keeps repeating the same things over and over. Really, never gonna chew again? Just gonna embrace where I am right now and move on, it's fine to feel down for a while.

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
« Reply #66 on: October 28, 2013, 10:39:00 AM »
Day 8

Nothing really dramatic happening right now, craves are consistent but not like they were early on, sleep is still pretty hard to come by. The 1st weekend was tough, I think I thought about chewing every hour both Saturday and Sunday. Not using the fake much anymore, jolly ranchers or mints work fine.

Kind of been a little down and depressed the last few days. Sounds like that's pretty normal.

1. Denial and Isolation
2. Anger
3. Bargaining
4. Depression/sadness
5. Acceptance

Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

Offline BigRuss

• Quitter
« Reply #65 on: October 28, 2013, 09:58:00 AM »
Day 8

Nothing really dramatic happening right now, craves are consistent but not like they were early on, sleep is still pretty hard to come by. The 1st weekend was tough, I think I thought about chewing every hour both Saturday and Sunday. Not using the fake much anymore, jolly ranchers or mints work fine.

Kind of been a little down and depressed the last few days. Sounds like that's pretty normal.

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
« Reply #64 on: October 27, 2013, 10:16:00 PM »
Quote from: KC_Guy
Bro I am anxious about my first KU hoops game without a dip. I am damn near 160 days quit too. But what I do know is that I post roll each day. I give my word not to use.  And I wont use.  No reason to worry about the future. Just focus on today.  Quit on bad ass. Quit on.
You got the tools. You will get through it no problem.

Hey ,remember when Trey Burke hit that really long 3 pointer in the tournament last year to force OT, and Michigan beat Kansas after they had gagged on a pretty big lead. Then Michigan went on to the final four and National Title game, while Kansas and their coach who never cuts the back of his hair correctly went home with a hand full of dick?

That. Was. AWESOME!!!

I loved every second of it and jumped for joy with not a god damn thing in my mouth. No way in the world dip could have made that any sweeter.
Too bad Michigan went home empty handed. Its a cool story about finishing in 2nd place. I remember KU winning the national title in 2008. Remind me again bro the last time michigan won the national title. I wont hold my breath. But hey congrats on that 2nd place finish last year. AWESOME. LOL.
Michigan won it all the year after Danny and the Miracles. Rumeal Robinson and Glen Rice.

That long ago...hard to talk smack on KU basketball.
Right. I'm sure you didn't want to see your Gay Hawks in the final 4.

Kansas Basketball. They win a title about once every 20 year? Once with Larry Brown in the late 80's, that snapped like a 40 year drought, then one in 2008? What a powerhouse. Ill still be here in 2028, so you can run smack again.

Don't even get me started on their "football" program. Didn't they lose to Rice this year? Dude, they lost to a FOOD. Oh well, I'm sure they will give Baylor a game tomorrow. Not.

Kansas sports in general = weak. Rock chalk mediocre.
Check who had the most wins in college basketball from 2000 to 2010, Kansas.

We might win it all this year, we are in the hunt every year that's what's great about our program.

Football, meh, been a rough 6-7 years. Weis is horrible.
I love this Michigan guy running smack when his team finally does something in college hoops for the first time in 20 plus years. Do you see me jumping up and down about KU's 2nd place finish to Kentucky in the 2012 title game? Nope. Why? Because I am used to KU winning year in and year out.

Get back to us Diesel when Michigan is a consistent contender in college hoops. There is a reason KU is a blue blood and Michigan is a wanna be. You started this shit talking. I think you should take your "short man's" Michigan complex into your own thread. No reason to clog up this fine Jayhawk quitters thread. Just sayin.
I think you should shut your fucking mouth. I started this by refering to LAST YEARS tournament game and used it as an example of how not dipping did not kill the enjoyment of it. It was a little levity, that's all.

You couldn't handle it so like a typical bitch ass fan, you totally flip the subject and wax poetic about "the past" when I was just talking a little smack about last year and trying to HELP this fine quitter.

I'm not clogging up his intro. Go fuck yourself and go beat off to a picture if Fog Allen or something.
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

Offline KC_Guy

• Quitter
« Reply #63 on: October 27, 2013, 12:55:00 PM »
Day 7

Yesterday was a battle all day long. I wanted a dip every hour, gonna stay busy with yard work today to take my mind off chewing.
The good news is you are WINNING bro. Everyday you put your name on roll and honor your word is a day closer to Freedom. Great job man. I am rollin with you one day at a time.
Quit Date 05/20/2013

HOF 08/27/13
2nd Floor 12/5/13
3rd Floor 3/15/14
4th Floor 6/23/14
5th Floor 10/1/14

Offline BigRuss

• Quitter
« Reply #62 on: October 27, 2013, 11:09:00 AM »
Day 7

Yesterday was a battle all day long. I wanted a dip every hour, gonna stay busy with yard work today to take my mind off chewing.

Offline ParadigmDawg

• Quitter
  • Interests: Mountain BikingRoad BikingHome Audio
« Reply #61 on: October 26, 2013, 11:42:00 AM »
Day 6

Got some actual sleep last night, body just crashed, still don't have any energy and my temper seems to be up and down. Bleh feeling.

Wife and I are shopping all afternoon for a crib and a stroller, this will at least keep me out of the house until tonight. Got to stay busy right now.
I got a little mild depression around day 22 and it lasted up until about day 60. It wasn't too bad but nothing excited me except the time I spent on my bike. It went away right after day 60.
Oh little worm-dirt...you are so scary...F' OFF...!!!

Offline Jlud007

• Quitter
« Reply #60 on: October 26, 2013, 10:57:00 AM »
Quote from: worktowin
Bro I am anxious about my first KU hoops game without a dip. I am damn near 160 days quit too. But what I do know is that I post roll each day. I give my word not to use.  And I wont use.  No reason to worry about the future. Just focus on today.  Quit on bad ass. Quit on.

Hey ,remember when Trey Burke hit that really long 3 pointer in the tournament last year to force OT, and Michigan beat Kansas after they had gagged on a pretty big lead. Then Michigan went on to the final four and National Title game, while Kansas and their coach who never cuts the back of his hair correctly went home with a hand full of dick?

That. Was. AWESOME!!!

I loved every second of it and jumped for joy with not a god damn thing in my mouth. No way in the world dip could have made that any sweeter.
Too bad Michigan went home empty handed. Its a cool story about finishing in 2nd place. I remember KU winning the national title in 2008. Remind me again bro the last time michigan won the national title. I wont hold my breath. But hey congrats on that 2nd place finish last year. AWESOME. LOL.
Michigan won it all the year after Danny and the Miracles. Rumeal Robinson and Glen Rice.

Kansas Basketball. They win a title about once every 20 year? Once with Larry Brown in the late 80's, that snapped like a 40 year drought, then one in 2008? What a powerhouse. Ill still be here in 2028, so you can run smack again.

Don't even get me started on their "football" program. Didn't they lose to Rice this year? Dude, they lost to a FOOD. Oh well, I'm sure they will give Baylor a game tomorrow. Not.

We might win it all this year, we are in the hunt every year that's what's great about our program.

I love this Michigan guy running smack when his team finally does something in college hoops for the first time in 20 plus years. Do you see me jumping up and down about KU's 2nd place finish to Kentucky in the 2012 title game? Nope. Why? Because I am used to KU winning year in and year out.

Get back to us Diesel when Michigan is a consistent contender in college hoops. There is a reason KU is a blue blood and Michigan is a wanna be. You started this shit talking. I think you should take your "short man's" Michigan complex into your own thread. No reason to clog up this fine Jayhawk quitters thread. Just sayin.
Kc - just wait... Next thing you know diesel is gonna type in here about how fucking awesome some Detroit BBQ place is. We gotta cut this guy some slack... He clearly wishes he were here in kc with some winning teams. And the BBQ.

Every time I turn around he's posting that picture of me again too. Clearly some kansas envy going on there.
Here would the place where I drop a the big UNC TARHEELS!!! bomb......

Too bad I'm not from here though..... I'm from Ann Arbor, a Michigan fan. I can't argue with the Kansas boys about hoops.

Offline BigRuss

• Quitter
« Reply #59 on: October 26, 2013, 10:55:00 AM »
Day 6

Got some actual sleep last night, body just crashed, still don't have any energy and my temper seems to be up and down. Bleh feeling.

Wife and I are shopping all afternoon for a crib and a stroller, this will at least keep me out of the house until tonight. Got to stay busy right now.

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #58 on: October 26, 2013, 10:13:00 AM »

That. Was. AWESOME!!!

Kc - just wait... Next thing you know diesel is gonna type in here about how fucking awesome some Detroit BBQ place is. We gotta cut this guy some slack... He clearly wishes he were here in kc with some winning teams. And the BBQ.

Every time I turn around he's posting that picture of me again too. Clearly some kansas envy going on there.

Offline KC_Guy

• Quitter
« Reply #57 on: October 26, 2013, 10:08:00 AM »

That. Was. AWESOME!!!

Quit Date 05/20/2013

HOF 08/27/13
2nd Floor 12/5/13
3rd Floor 3/15/14
4th Floor 6/23/14
5th Floor 10/1/14

Offline BigRuss

• Quitter
« Reply #56 on: October 26, 2013, 12:36:00 AM »

That. Was. AWESOME!!!

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
« Reply #55 on: October 26, 2013, 12:00:00 AM »

That. Was. AWESOME!!!

Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

Offline BigRuss

• Quitter
« Reply #54 on: October 25, 2013, 11:06:00 PM »

That. Was. AWESOME!!!