Author Topic: When shit gets rough  (Read 9443 times)

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Swim Bike Run - Shooting - Chasing my boys around.
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: When shit gets rough
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2011, 10:24:00 PM »
I chose a path.

I looked at my life and said "Souliman was on this path, driven by an addict ego in several directions. What path can I take to diverge from that path?"

Change your patterns. Don't do the things you did with a chew at first. Emphasize the things that you did without nicotine. Exercise I will always say is step one. Get your sleep regulated. You'll probably be eating a bit more. Burn off those calories. And if you find you are eating more, scrutinize the diet. See where you can make healthy changes. Better calories. Better decisions.

Emphasize a great decision of getting quit. This is just my opinion. Others will tell you to take it slow with all the stressful changes. I prefer to jump into the river and see where we end up.

P.S. Sex. That helps. Often. Preferably with someone...or...something.

Three biggest lies in Vermont:

1. That truck is paid for.
2. Welcome Canadian!
3. I was just helping him through the fence.

Offline DW3

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2011, 10:52:00 AM »
I agree with 30 yr recommendations, especially exercise, but when the craves get really bad, I go for something sour or spicy. My mouth has been trained to expect that nic burn so I try to get a little burn going - sour candy, cinnamon candy, spicy food etc.
Grit and Quit ~ Timpy
Building a relentless, laser-sighted, chrome-plated, heat-seeking, cock-blocking, wolf pack of a quit (with curb feelers), one day at a time.

Offline shortround

• Quitter
  • Interests: Quitting. Quit. Quitition. Quitocracy. Quitorama. Quitography. Quit-a-lit-a-ding-dong. And finally, your mom.
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2011, 10:48:00 AM »
Exercise is some of the best advice. That really helped me whether it was just a little cardio to forget about the crave or a full on lift session.

It still helps me.
Freedom - 8 January 2011
HOF Date - 17 April 2011, 2nd Floor - 26 July 2011, 3rd Floor - 3 November 2011, 4th Floor - 11 February 2012

How bad do you want to quit? - posted by NOLAQ
"I'm an F-18 nic bitch, and I'll destroy you in the air." - The Sheen

"The truth, when you finally chase it down, is almost always far worse than your darkest visions and fears." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline 30yraddict

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Feb 13, 2011
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2011, 09:34:00 AM »
Exercise, Distractions, chat, read words of wisdom, text a quit brother, laugh at the crave- because the crave is pathetic- you are far stronger.

Remember- nicotine did not really help you cope- it only seemed like it because it was temporarily relieving the withdrawal caused by- nicotine!

Offline Bruce

• Quit Pro
    • www.facebook.com
  • Quit Date: 2011-11-21
  • Interests: Long walks on the beach, cuddling up next to that special someone in front of a fire, just watching the sunset, and titty bars.
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2011, 09:22:00 AM »
First of all, i'm Bruce, on day 6, already apart of the Feb HOF roll call.

I just wanted to know what you guys out there do as an alternative to dip when shit gets hard (stress, cravings, wife is bitching, ect..)? I quit cold turkey, I want to kill the habit all together, so I don't use any fake shit or seeds, but I chew the hell outta some gum! Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks fellow quitters,
Bruce
Quit date: 11/21/11
HOF date: 2/28/12
Comma date: 8/16/14
It's a freedom thing

Caving is NOT an option

-"Now I can walk through walls and my quit can talk to god. That's right. Crazy voodoo magic quit" Souliman

-'Stop being a pussy and quit' Tarpon17

-"this is the gheyest place on earth, if you say it in here it might become someones signature" Bigwhitebeast

- "We Quit Like Fuck" - Coach Steve

Offline apull1

• Quitter
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2011, 11:02:00 AM »
Quote from: Souliman
Quote from: Bruce317
Thanks guys! I survived black Friday, I work retail, that was the day I was fearing. What's this February thing about?
This February thing is you putting down your word that you are quit today. We sound off each morning early to let the nic bitch know we are no longer owned. It also lets the folks quitting with you know that you are strong enough to make it 24 hours.

Hit the pink in the upper left corner 'Welcome Center'. You'll get the run down on how that all works. My suggestion is to get up and put your word down first thing. Set the day right. Second thing is we post roll every day. No excuses. No "I couldn't find a.." or "but my grannie is..." lame as explanations. Don't fuck with the program.
Yeah Day 2 here everything is a trigger.

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Swim Bike Run - Shooting - Chasing my boys around.
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2011, 08:35:00 AM »
Thanks guys! I survived black Friday, I work retail, that was the day I was fearing. What's this February thing about?
This February thing is you putting down your word that you are quit today. We sound off each morning early to let the nic bitch know we are no longer owned. It also lets the folks quitting with you know that you are strong enough to make it 24 hours.

Hit the pink in the upper left corner 'Welcome Center'. You'll get the run down on how that all works. My suggestion is to get up and put your word down first thing. Set the day right. Second thing is we post roll every day. No excuses. No "I couldn't find a.." or "but my grannie is..." lame as explanations. Don't fuck with the program.

Offline Bruce

• Quit Pro
    • www.facebook.com
  • Interests: Long walks on the beach, cuddling up next to that special someone in front of a fire, just watching the sunset, and titty bars.
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2011, 07:04:00 AM »
It's a freedom thing

Caving is NOT an option

-"Now I can walk through walls and my quit can talk to god. That's right. Crazy voodoo magic quit" Souliman

-"this is the gheyest place on earth, if you say it in here it might become someones signature" Bigwhitebeast

Offline DennyX

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: BD: 1978my family, fishing, outdoors
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2011, 09:52:00 AM »
Hi Bruce, welcome! LL is right, head on over to February and post roll. That is your promise, your word as a man, to not use nicotine in any form today. Glad to have you aboard, and yes, it does get much better very quickly.

Offline davidc67

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2011-03-03
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2011, 09:48:00 AM »
I'm 3 days dip free, and going through hell right now! I've been reading on this website the last couple days and its helped so far. I find a lot of inspiration in the stories, some that have dipped longer then I've lived, makes me feel like a pussy right now. Ha, well on to day 4
Doesn't matter if you dipped a year or 30 years, it is still a bitch! Any man or woman that has quit has my respect no matter how long they did it. Congrats on your day 4!!
Quit Date: March 3, 2011 @ 10:10 AM I took my life back.
HOF Date: June 10, 2011
Second Floor: Sept 18, 2011
Third Floor: Dec 27, 2011
One Year: March 1, 2012 (leap year)
Fourth Floor: April 5, 2012
Fifth Floor: July 14, 2012
Six Floor: October 22, 2012
Seventh Floor: January 30, 2013
Eighth Floor: May 10th, 2013
Ninth Floor: August 18th, 2013
Comma: November 26th, 2013
Three years: March 1st, 2014
Eleventh Floor: March 6th, 2014
Twelfth Floor: June 14th, 2014

Offline LLCope

• Quitter
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2011, 06:31:00 AM »
I'm 3 days dip free, and going through hell right now! I've been reading on this website the last couple days and its helped so far. I find a lot of inspiration in the stories, some that have dipped longer then I've lived, makes me feel like a pussy right now. Ha, well on to day 4
If your quit day is November 22nd then post roll with February. We post roll every day and give our promise to our group.

pm me if you need anything
"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can do without" HD Thoreau

Offline Bruce

• Quit Pro
    • www.facebook.com
When shit gets rough
« on: November 25, 2011, 01:20:00 AM »
It's a freedom thing

Caving is NOT an option