Author Topic: Stig's Intro: Dad, Husband, Ex-Coward  (Read 2052 times)

Offline SirDerek

• Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Stig's Intro: Dad, Husband, Ex-Coward
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2014, 04:02:00 PM »
Quote from: MN_Ben
Quote from: stig
Quote from: CBird65
we lied, cheated, stole and borrowed to feed our addiction
For my intro, I put 3 things in the title: "Dad, Husband, Ex-Coward". Each of those factors into my quit in an important way, and I want to walk my way backwards through that list.

Starting with Ex-Coward (Part I of III):

I don't like the Addict I am. He's a coward little bitch. He makes excuses. He scurries from the light of day and the attention of friends. He's a fucking pussy that can't participate meaningfully in a relationship.

While I'll always be that addict, I'm quit being that coward. I own up to my addiction. And I'll scurry no more to get that next dip.

After 20 years of being weak, I'm strong. One. Day. At. A. Time.

Strong.

I embrace the fog, smile at the pain, laugh at the crave -- all those are signs of weakness leaving my body and I celebrate that with one more day of quit.
Great attitude, when that coward is whispering in your ear come back here and re-read this, and slap it with a dose of reality and honesty like I am reading..
You will find that there are a lot of us in that same boat where we do not like the addict that we are, and yes it is that hatred that can bring us together.

Great decision you have made to quit, in addition a great decision to join us here. Now just remember that while here, read up, and remember these 3 words:

Brotherhood

Accountability

Success

They are very important and can help in so much more than in just quitting nicotine. Look around and ask around the site and you will see.

be good be strong and be quit....and yell if you need anything

Offline MN_Ben

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2014, 03:33:00 PM »
For my intro, I put 3 things in the title: "Dad, Husband, Ex-Coward". Each of those factors into my quit in an important way, and I want to walk my way backwards through that list.

I don't like the Addict I am. He's a coward little bitch. He makes excuses. He scurries from the light of day and the attention of friends. He's a fucking pussy that can't participate meaningfully in a relationship.

While I'll always be that addict, I'm quit being that coward. I own up to my addiction. And I'll scurry no more to get that next dip.

Strong.

I embrace the fog, smile at the pain, laugh at the crave -- all those are signs of weakness leaving my body and I celebrate that with one more day of quit.
Great attitude, when that coward is whispering in your ear come back here and re-read this, and slap it with a dose of reality and honesty like I am reading..

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2014, 03:20:00 PM »
Stig, I quit with you today. Gratz on the marriage and soon to be offspring!
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Doc Chewfree

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2014-02-06
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2014, 10:39:00 PM »
Quote from: brettlees

Strong.

I like your honesty. Keep embracing the suck, it will power your quit. Hate that addiction. Learn all you can about it, it's evil and strong as hell. Keep building a network here, that's critical. And keep logging, Cbird knows how to help a guy quit when you're ready. You seem ready. Glad to quit with you Stig.
Quit on brother! You'll be an awesome dad!
Brave men are honored, rich men are envied, powerful men are feared, but only a man with character is trusted
Quit on Feb. 6, 2014

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2014, 10:10:00 AM »

Strong.

I like your honesty. Keep embracing the suck, it will power your quit. Hate that addiction. Learn all you can about it, it's evil and strong as hell. Keep building a network here, that's critical. And keep logging, Cbird knows how to help a guy quit when you're ready. You seem ready. Glad to quit with you Stig.
This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline stig

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-05-05
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2014, 01:41:00 AM »

Strong.

"I'm not just a quitter, I'm a better man. It's what my quit is about." - Bronc

Offline golfpro9696

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2013-12-09
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2014, 09:18:00 AM »
Welcome Stig! A lot of bad ass quitters in this thread.....listen to what the say  keep up the good quit.
Quit Date: 12/9/2013
HOF Date: 3/18/2014
15th Floor: 1/16/2018
1 Year: 12/9/2014
2 Year: 12/9/2015
3 Year: 12/9/2016
4 Year: 12/9/2017

Proud member of March '14 Ironmen

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2014, 09:11:00 AM »
Quote from: derk40
Welcome Stig. Get in and read the Welcome Center and how/why we post roll. That is your committment to yourself and to us that you will remain quit today. Need you to do that and then we can get this quit going.

Don't worry about tomorrow... just quit today and be quit today. That is all.

You are in the right place to quit. Let's get a roll post.
we lied, cheated, stole and borrowed to feed our addiction. Keep adding onto your intro page and turn it into a quit journal which gives you a reminder of the shit you went through to free yourself from the nic bitch. Secondly, it is a road map of sorts for new guys to read.
Each of us are here for a purpose - find yours and OWN IT
What Mr. Bird ^^^^ says!
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline cbird65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Own it or be OWNED by it
  • Quit Date: 12-31-2011
  • Interests: trying to follow in His footsteps, loving my bride and renewing my quit daily
  • Likes Given: 710
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2014, 07:54:00 AM »
Quote from: derk40
Welcome Stig. Get in and read the Welcome Center and how/why we post roll. That is your committment to yourself and to us that you will remain quit today. Need you to do that and then we can get this quit going.

we lied, cheated, stole and borrowed to feed our addiction. Keep adding onto your intro page and turn it into a quit journal which gives you a reminder of the shit you went through to free yourself from the nic bitch. Secondly, it is a road map of sorts for new guys to read.
Each of us are here for a purpose - find yours and OWN IT
Believe Me

FLOOR 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ,11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19,, 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29,,, 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
 ,,,,41 42 43 44 45 46

Assurance

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2014, 07:51:00 AM »

Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

Offline Emulator

• Quitter
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2014, 07:43:00 AM »
Quote from: helpmepls
Quote from: Winter
Quote from: D2maine
Quote from: Thewolfe
I'm Stig.
I'll be 36 years old in July.
I started dipping Kodiak when I was 16 years old.
The math is simple and scary: As of May 5, 2014, I had dipped 56% of my life.

I was working on a framing crew when I met the Bear. Framing up stick houses in the NC summers -- a pinch hit the spot. The General Contractor I was working for -- who has become a close friend and mentor -- threatened to fire me if he ever caught me dipping again. So I hid it. Ninja-dipped for almost 2 decades after that -- hid it from him, my family, and everyone I ever loved. When you're dipping a tin a day, that's real ninja skills.

The past 12 months have been big for me. Got married 7 months ago. Wife got pregnant 4 months ago. In 5 effing months I am going to be a dad!

I want to be alive for as much of my son's life as I can. I want to be there to take care of of my wife when we're old (and should probably outlive her since she'll be a mess without me). Most importantly, I need to be proud of the man I see when I look in the mirror. And when I look at a man chained to a tin of carcinogenic weed, it's hard to be proud of that chump. I need to be free.

That's why I'm on Day 4, looking forward to posting roll on Day 5 first thing tomorrow.
Hey man, I am quit with you today. We will all be here to help you, and you to help us by keeping each other accountable. Posting roll .. man you cannot understand how important it is until you have been involved here for a few days. It really is the cornerstone to success in Kicking the can.
P
Go read, read and read, peoples intro threads, HOF speeches, and the articles on the killthecan.org web page. I cannot tell you how much reading those articles helped me thru the worst of it. In fact, whenever the craves get strong, I find the best remedy after a deep breath and a drink of water is to hop on here and read.

Do this with us one day at a time.
quit with you today! get your freedom and self respect back from the bitch 1 day at a time!
Great attitude Stig, I can see you quitting like fuck every damn day. Also I seen you in chat, way to be involved in this thing man. I think you realize how serious this is. I quit with you man. Keep kicking ass.
Welcome Stig. Very similar story. Kodiak at 16, strong ninja skills. I'm starting day 4 today. Let's quit this crap together. See you in the Aug Roll group topic/10225414/53/
I quit with you stig. ODAAT NAFAR QLFEDD
ODAAT NAFAR QFL

D-Day 1/1/14
HOF 4/10/2014
2nd Floor July 19, 2014
3rd Floor October 27, 2014

My HoF Speech: http://forum.killthecan.org/topic/10229741/1/#new
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000243565739

Offline helpmepls

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-05-06
  • Interests: Mountain Biking, grilling/smoking, watching and playing sports
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2014, 06:21:00 AM »
Quote from: Winter
I'm Stig.

I was working on a framing crew when I met the Bear. Framing up stick houses in the NC summers -- a pinch hit the spot. The General Contractor I was working for -- who has become a close friend and mentor -- threatened to fire me if he ever caught me dipping again. So I hid it. Ninja-dipped for almost 2 decades after that -- hid it from him, my family, and everyone I ever loved. When you're dipping a tin a day, that's real ninja skills.

The past 12 months have been big for me. Got married 7 months ago. Wife got pregnant 4 months ago. In 5 effing months I am going to be a dad!

I want to be alive for as much of my son's life as I can. I want to be there to take care of of my wife when we're old (and should probably outlive her since she'll be a mess without me). Most importantly, I need to be proud of the man I see when I look in the mirror. And when I look at a man chained to a tin of carcinogenic weed, it's hard to be proud of that chump. I need to be free.

That's why I'm on Day 4, looking forward to posting roll on Day 5 first thing tomorrow.
Hey man, I am quit with you today. We will all be here to help you, and you to help us by keeping each other accountable. Posting roll .. man you cannot understand how important it is until you have been involved here for a few days. It really is the cornerstone to success in Kicking the can.
P
Go read, read and read, peoples intro threads, HOF speeches, and the articles on the killthecan.org web page. I cannot tell you how much reading those articles helped me thru the worst of it. In fact, whenever the craves get strong, I find the best remedy after a deep breath and a drink of water is to hop on here and read.

quit with you today! get your freedom and self respect back from the bitch 1 day at a time!
Great attitude Stig, I can see you quitting like fuck every damn day. Also I seen you in chat, way to be involved in this thing man. I think you realize how serious this is. I quit with you man. Keep kicking ass.
Welcome Stig. Very similar story. Kodiak at 16, strong ninja skills. I'm starting day 4 today. Let's quit this crap together. See you in the Aug Roll group topic/10225414/53/

Offline Winter Green

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2014, 06:02:00 AM »
I'm Stig.

P

Quit~December - 2 - 2013
1st Floor~March - 11 - 2014

Offline D2maine

• Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: quit 2-19-2012!
  • Likes Given: 95
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2014, 05:41:00 AM »
I'm Stig.

P

Offline thewolfe

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 4-2-2014
  • Interests: Quitting. Hi-end audio and quality recordings of anything from classical to jazz, folk, bluegrass, rock, good 80s metal, and of course the crooners, The desert, hiking, camping and shooting.
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2014, 02:33:00 AM »
I'm Stig.

P