Author Topic: My Story  (Read 5645 times)

Offline Cornholio

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Interests: "I am still growing too with all areas of life as I feel when we stop that is when we go 6 feet under. So each day I look to learn something or apply something I have learned in the past as we have reached today based on all of our decisions in that past. They made us who we are now, but do not define who we will be tomorrow, as that definition starts now." ~ SirDerek"KTC is a circle the wagons situation and you need to be inside the circle busting ass to keep the circle tight! Anyone running from the circle does so at their own peril..." ~ Jason (JDM)
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: My Story
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2011, 01:53:00 PM »
Quote from: PMac
"There will come a day when all this pain fades and you will think you have this thing whipped."

I already have it whipped. Pain or not, I've won. Day 1 was victory. Nothing will make me turn back. Not even the restless sleep last night (when it finally came) or the dull pounding in the front of my skull that has been there since I got up this morning would change that. All the Nic Bitch's tricks are just her dying throes and lashing out. I laugh in her ugly face.
You got it man!! You sound like I did when I started.

This was one of my first entries a month ago. Since then, I've been telling her to fuck off every morning as part of roll call. As far as I see it, you have the right mentality. Embrace the suck...she's fighting for her life. Don't let the cunt win!

Been down this road many times. I "Stopped" chew for 1year then picked up again in May. I had quit smoking before for a full year too. LOL. No more. Not this time. FUCK YOU Addict! You think you're so fucking smart? Well you just wait till I starve your ass to death. I'm ready for your desperate attempts to save yourself. You can forget it. Nothing you can do will last more than a short moment. NONE your pathetic childish attempts to trick me into getting what you want will work this time. Now I'm smarter, wiser, stronger. And not only do I have support from my family, I have the support of KILLTHECAN. You might be stronger than me, but there's NO WAY you're stronger than my TEAM. So FUCK YOU bitch!

Offline PMac

• Quitter
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2011, 12:56:00 PM »
"There will come a day when all this pain fades and you will think you have this thing whipped."

I already have it whipped. Pain or not, I've won. Day 1 was victory. Nothing will make me turn back. Not even the restless sleep last night (when it finally came) or the dull pounding in the front of my skull that has been there since I got up this morning would change that. All the Nic Bitch's tricks are just her dying throes and lashing out. I laugh in her ugly face.
My Independence Day - December 19, 2011
HOF - March 27, 2012
Comma Town, USA - September 15, 2014
Three Years - December 19, 2014
Eleventh Floor - December 24, 2014

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
  • Quit Date: 10-30-2009
  • Interests: Golf, Running, Cycling, Being outside, Spending time with my family. Quitting and helping newbies.
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2011, 11:08:00 AM »
This is a first...not drinking and not dipping. Unfortunately, no rest for the weary. Is this shit supposed to start this early? I'm going to go and count sheep and shit I guess. Fuck you whore. My name is Paul. You ain't got jack shit on me. It's day 2. I'll post roll in about 6 or 7 hours. See you addicts like me in the morning.
Sleep will return. If it doesn't I used Tylenol PM and Nyquil for about the first 100 days of my quit.

It is temporary remember every miserable second of what you are going through right now. There will come a day when all this pain fades and you will think you have this thing whipped.

Offline shanelax22

• Quitter
  • Interests: College Lacrosse player, fishing, running, biking, hiking, shooting, golf
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2011, 02:35:00 AM »
NEVER forget these first three days, it will make you never want to have to quit again.

Offline dchogs

• Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: May 16, 2011
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2011, 12:57:00 AM »
This is a first...not drinking and not dipping. Unfortunately, no rest for the weary. Is this shit supposed to start this early? I'm going to go and count sheep and shit I guess. Fuck you whore. My name is Paul. You ain't got jack shit on me. It's day 2. I'll post roll in about 6 or 7 hours. See you addicts like me in the morning.
Go to bed quit, wake up quit.

No sleep dipping if you've flushed the cans.

Good to be quit with you.
Quit- 5/16/2011. One day at a time.
HoF- 8/23/2011; 2nd Floor- 12/1/2011; 3rd Floor- 3/10/2012; 4th Floor- 6/18/2012; 5th Floor- 9/27/2012; 6th Floor- 1/4/2013; 7th Floor- 4/14/2013; 8th Floor- 7/23/2013; 9th Floor- 10/31/2013; 10th Floor- 2/8/2014; 11th Floor- 5/19/2014; 12th Floor- 8/27/2014; 13th Floor- 12/5/14; 14th floor- 3/15/15; 15th floor- 6/23/15; 16th floor- 10/1/15; 17th floor- 1/9/16; 18th floor- 4/18/16; 19th floor- 7/26/16; 20th floor- 11/4/16; 21st floor- 2/12/17; 22nd Floor- 5/23/17; 23rd Floor- 8/31/17; 24th Floor- 12/9/17; 25th floor- 3/19/18; 26th floor- 6/27/18; 27th floor- 10/5/18; 28th floor- 1/13/19; 29th foor- 4/22/19; 30th floor- 7/31/19; 31st floor- 11/8/19; 32nd floor- 2/17/20; 33rd floor- 5/27/20; 34th floor- 9/4/20; 35th floor- 12/13/20; 36th floor- 3/23/21; 37th floor- 7/1/21; 38th floor- 10/9/21; 39th floor- 1/17/22; 40th floor- 4/27/22; 41st floor- 8/5/22; 42nd floor- 11/12/22; 43rd floor- 2/20/23; 44th floor- 6/1/23; 45th floor- 9/9/23; 46th floor- 12/18/23; 47th floor- 3/27/24; 48th floor- 7/5/24; 49th floor- 10/3/24.

"He which hath no stomach to this fight let him depart. But we in it shall be remembered. We few, we happy few, we band of brothers! For he today, that sheds his blood with me, shall always be my brother." (Wm. Shakespeare). For August '11.

Who dares, wins.

Stay quit... it is life or death and that is the undeniable truth.

"To be driven by our appetites alone is slavery, while to obey a law that we have imposed on ourselves is freedom." Rosseau

Offline PMac

• Quitter
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2011, 12:44:00 AM »
HOF - March 27, 2012

Offline Mick in Stuart

• Quitter
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2011, 11:01:00 PM »
So today, I am at the store in the early morning after dropping kids off for school and I am purchasing seeds.  2 of the Frito-Lay packs for $1.00 (1 7/8ths oz per pack).  I was buying 4 packs.  No shit, as I was standing in the store calculating that I would spend probably $2 to $4 per day for the next few months in seeds, I was thinking "fuck is this quitting thing going to be expensive."  Not until I got into my truck a few minutes later did I have head-hit-palm moment.  I bet I had never until recently calculated the 2 to 3 cans per day per year.  I damn sure hadn't thought about it while bitching about the state of the economy, how tight the purse strings were getting, etc. 

So I enjoyed raising my right middle finger this morning to the Bitch and saying "fuck off you expensive whore".  At the same time I felt like a dumb ass.  Won't be the first damn time.

On a more serious note, the afternoon was hell at the office.  Anxiety was tough to deal with.  I had a hard time in the mid afternoon.  Driving home was tough.  Let me rephrase...driving home was awful.  No shit my low fuel light comes on as I am pulling out of my office.  Diesel isn't particularly plentiful around my town and the place I really needed to go was the place that I had bought dip from the past seven years about 5 days per week.  So when I went in the guy already had two tins sitting out on the counter and asked if I wanted three.  Telling him that I wanted none was a great, great feeling.  Still it was a stressful few minutes.  I'll be planning better for that.  Day 1 is one thing.  I'm sure that day 20, 25, 40, 60, etc. are worse.  Good wake up call today.

Any other newbies out there - PM me and I'll PM you back my cell phone.  We can do this shit.  I am going to do this shit and I'll fucking drag your ass with me if need be.
PMac I encounter the store situation a few times a week when I still stop off to buy beer. Every time I walked in (prior to my quit) they would have two tins of Cope waiting for me. Every time I walk in now they continue to ask "you still quit". I fucking love answering back to them "Fucking right I am!" I actually look forward to them asking me. Quite frankly, I think they are jealous and I love sticking it in their face. I always tell them, they can quit too :) Stay strong and guard your dip my friend.
In the mid 70s, Walt Garrison said it was okay. Just a pinch between your cheek and gums. Been a slave since until joining this fine group.

Quit 12:00 pm (noon) October 15, 2011 after 34 years.
HOF January 23, 2012

It's not how many times you get knocked down, but how many times you get back up that matters.

Offline PMac

• Quitter
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2011, 10:12:00 PM »
Tolstoy....now that's funny shit. Sorry if I'm too long winded. Just my nature I guess. I will however try to keep other dumb mother fuckers like myself that got hooked in the first place to walk with me.
HOF - March 27, 2012

Offline redtrain14

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Family, hunting, fishing, running, mountain biking, swimming, building shit, and anything else that sounds like fun.
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2011, 10:01:00 PM »
P90X roll posting forum.....may have to look into that.

Keep your goals simple. Post roll, keep your word for 24 hours, repeat. The days will add up before you know it.

Welcome to the site Tolstoy.

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2011, 09:35:00 PM »
Very true...bump on the attitude. This is testament to the mind-fuck the Nic Bitch does to you. She'll make you rationalize anything...trading your money for her, your time for her, your kids for her. Don't know their ages, but I guarantee they NEED you more than she does. Don't trade them for a few more minutes with the Nic Bitch.

Offline hsumatt2117

• Quitter
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2011, 08:06:00 PM »
So today, I am at the store in the early morning after dropping kids off for school and I am purchasing seeds. 2 of the Frito-Lay packs for $1.00 (1 7/8ths oz per pack). I was buying 4 packs. No shit, as I was standing in the store calculating that I would spend probably $2 to $4 per day for the next few months in seeds, I was thinking "fuck is this quitting thing going to be expensive." Not until I got into my truck a few minutes later did I have head-hit-palm moment. I bet I had never until recently calculated the 2 to 3 cans per day per year. I damn sure hadn't thought about it while bitching about the state of the economy, how tight the purse strings were getting, etc.

So I enjoyed raising my right middle finger this morning to the Bitch and saying "fuck off you expensive whore". At the same time I felt like a dumb ass. Won't be the first damn time.

On a more serious note, the afternoon was hell at the office. Anxiety was tough to deal with. I had a hard time in the mid afternoon. Driving home was tough. Let me rephrase...driving home was awful. No shit my low fuel light comes on as I am pulling out of my office. Diesel isn't particularly plentiful around my town and the place I really needed to go was the place that I had bought dip from the past seven years about 5 days per week. So when I went in the guy already had two tins sitting out on the counter and asked if I wanted three. Telling him that I wanted none was a great, great feeling. Still it was a stressful few minutes. I'll be planning better for that. Day 1 is one thing. I'm sure that day 20, 25, 40, 60, etc. are worse. Good wake up call today.

Any other newbies out there - PM me and I'll PM you back my cell phone. We can do this shit. I am going to do this shit and I'll fucking drag your ass with me if need be.
Badass there bro! I love the attitude. I am only a week ahead of you but were going to rock this. I just pmed you my number. If you ever need anything, do not hesitate to call/text me.

Offline PMac

• Quitter
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2011, 06:56:00 PM »
So today, I am at the store in the early morning after dropping kids off for school and I am purchasing seeds. 2 of the Frito-Lay packs for $1.00 (1 7/8ths oz per pack). I was buying 4 packs. No shit, as I was standing in the store calculating that I would spend probably $2 to $4 per day for the next few months in seeds, I was thinking "fuck is this quitting thing going to be expensive." Not until I got into my truck a few minutes later did I have head-hit-palm moment. I bet I had never until recently calculated the 2 to 3 cans per day per year. I damn sure hadn't thought about it while bitching about the state of the economy, how tight the purse strings were getting, etc.

So I enjoyed raising my right middle finger this morning to the Bitch and saying "fuck off you expensive whore". At the same time I felt like a dumb ass. Won't be the first damn time.

On a more serious note, the afternoon was hell at the office. Anxiety was tough to deal with. I had a hard time in the mid afternoon. Driving home was tough. Let me rephrase...driving home was awful. No shit my low fuel light comes on as I am pulling out of my office. Diesel isn't particularly plentiful around my town and the place I really needed to go was the place that I had bought dip from the past seven years about 5 days per week. So when I went in the guy already had two tins sitting out on the counter and asked if I wanted three. Telling him that I wanted none was a great, great feeling. Still it was a stressful few minutes. I'll be planning better for that. Day 1 is one thing. I'm sure that day 20, 25, 40, 60, etc. are worse. Good wake up call today.

Any other newbies out there - PM me and I'll PM you back my cell phone. We can do this shit. I am going to do this shit and I'll fucking drag your ass with me if need be.
HOF - March 27, 2012

Offline Seth

• Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2011, 06:53:00 PM »
Nice intro. I just want to correct one thing. . .

The goal here is not to quit for 100 days. What we do here is quite simple.

1) Post roll, making your promise to yourself and the rest of us that just for today, you are not going to use nicotine.
2) Keep your promise.

Worry about tomorrow when it gets here. The concept of quitting 'forever' or some other amount of time is a lot for an addict to wrap their brain around. But I guarantee if you do the previous two things, you will be quit.

Welcome PMac, I quit with you today.
The product is worth the process.

Offline luby

• Quitting MoFo
  • Likes Given: 24
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2011, 01:41:00 PM »
Thanks to everyone that took the time to respond. Was getting to be about the old "mid morning time" and I had to do something so I'm chewing on seeds like I'm dying of starvation and coming on here for a few minutes to keep my mind right.
After 3 sessions I got thru your intro.... Saw you posted roll today, great job. Welcome! Please PM me if there is anything I can do to help. And don't worry about brevity, if you want to write a fucking book on here and it helps with your quit, write a fucking book.

Offline AtomicDiesel

• Quitter
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2011, 01:28:00 PM »
Thanks to everyone that took the time to respond. Was getting to be about the old "mid morning time" and I had to do something so I'm chewing on seeds like I'm dying of starvation and coming on here for a few minutes to keep my mind right.
Get your ass in the chat room. Works as good as sex.......... just gay sex.
?The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel.? Mark 1:15
Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep for ever - TJ
KTC Retread...Quit for the final time 10/21/2011
Though I am peaceful, please do not assume that I have somehow forgotten how to be violent.