Author Topic: All addicts are liars...  (Read 796 times)

Offline mattyf118

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2013-09-06
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: All addicts are liars...
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2014, 11:36:00 AM »
I believe it may be time to read the writing on the wall with this one. :scowick:
Quit Date: 09/06/13
HOF Date: 12/14/13

Caving is not an option

Offline jimthins

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2014-08-04
  • Interests: Fishing, Hunting, Shooting, and Golf.
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2014, 04:59:00 PM »
I know you mentioned you were in the Keys or somewhere like that with limited service. You've been posting roll a little later in the evenings. So far, haven't seen you on roll today. What's up with that? If you're having trouble, don't be afraid to reach out for help!

Offline RoyalCowboy7

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-18
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2014, 11:16:00 AM »
I'm a Florida State fan and former student. Our motto is UNCONQUERED because the Seminoles were the only tribe that wasn't conquered as they fought and refused to surrender. If you're going to come in here and use Seminole as your name you better fight like hell and not let dip conquer you out of respect for the name you are using and for yourself and your life and your health
The Copenhagen can will no longer control this man because being a quitter means becoming a winner

http://forum.killthecan.org/topic/10358427/8/#new

Offline Tuco

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 7/27/2014
  • Likes Given: 48
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2014, 11:53:00 AM »
Judging by his post last week, today is Day 2 of his college buddy reunion week.

Seminole - Did you already tell your buddies you quit? You seemed pretty intent on romanticizing dip and creating a little 5 day cave fantasy world for yourself. Did you nut up and call BS on that line of thinking yet? There are no "days off" on your quit.

If you are still quit, do your November quit brothers a favor and start posting roll FIRST thing in the morning, and not LAST thing of the day. Pretty please with a cherry on top.

Offline schaef418

• BANNED
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2014, 10:55:00 AM »
You missed roll yesterday. Why? Did you cave? you posted day 11 today, should be 12? or 1?

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2014, 11:53:00 PM »
Quote from: Diesel2112
Quote from: B-loMatt
Quote from: THansen2413
Quote from: Ginet
Quote from: Knockout
Quote from: Seminole
I caved last night. I had a gin and tonic at an event and needed to stop for on my way home for gas. I took the opportunity to buy and use a can. I had a number I could text, but I chose not to. I also had the contract in my wallet, and I avoided reading it.

I immediately regretted it. Afterwards, I couldn't shake the feeling that not only had I stepped back into bondage, but that I had been on a streak, had been feeling good, and then jeopardized what was probably my best chance at being a lifetime quitter (I'm assuming caving gets even easier after you have already caved once) for a quick hit that I knew I wouldn't enjoy.

Now I really want to quit. More than I did before. The past five days had been great. I felt free. I didn't miss dip the way that I thought I would. I felt like a different person. Obviously, I'm not a different person yet, but I'd like to pay the piper and get back in the saddle with the rest of you. Here are a couple of things I have been holding back:

1) I have a reunion with my former college roommates from August 6th - 11th. I haven't seen these guys for a two years, and I was relishing the idea of a week with the boys away from the wives. I've been looking forward to dipping over this trip. I've been afraid to tell them I quit because I know they will hold me to it. In all honesty, I've essentially been planning on caving during that trip. So I guess the last five days were a lie anyways. I will email all of them today and inform them I won't be dipping over the trip.

2) I need to take an extended break from alcohol. Over the last five days my cravings were actually fairly minimal. I probably wrestled with it three times (including last night), and each of the cravings was preceded by a drink of some sort. Going forward, I am also going to promise not to drink for the first fifty days of my quit with the exception of the week of my reunion in August. Over the week, I will have five guys with me at all times ensuring I don't dip.

Finally, I'm not sure where to go from here. Do I need to rejoin a new quit group? My 100 day mark will no longer be in October. I heard I need to answer three questions, but I'm not even sure what they are.
Are you a man of your word? Because you promised you would not use that day, and then you lied. We're not playing Pony Princess Playset here, this is now or never life and death.

Quit has to be a priority. You don't put quit on the backburner and expect to succeed here. All these "fears" and bullshit about how you were going to cave regardless represent one thing - addiction. Regarding your cave, it's preached all over the site that alcohol kills early quits. I'd bet my left nut you've seen it on here even in your short time on KTC. Wake the fuck up.

You don't have a "decreased" chance of succeeding because you caved, that's an excuse. We have a number of folks here that have been in your shoes, but they understood that they needed to reevaluate their mindset and grab the bull by the balls if they were going to succeed.

Scared about your upcoming trip? Don't go. Out of the question? Then tell every person there that if they offer you dip or give you one upon request, that you will kick them so hard in the balls they won't walk straight for a week.

Your 100 day mark would now be in November. Answers to the three questions need to be posted in both October explaining to them what happened, and your new November group.

And take that stupid "first attempt" out of your signature. That failure should piss you off more than anything, letting the puppeteer get back in your good graces. Delete that shit and focus on your final quit, this one.
Nothing gets in the way of my quit. You may want to adopt that way of thinking. When you are serious and get your head out of your ass and that shit out of your mouth for good, let me know. Until you have done some serious thinking, some deep down inner searching shit to cleanse your mind of bullshit excuses, you will always be a slave. I have not found a reason to put that poison in my body. I cannot believe that you think you have.

Wake up. Get serious. Get quit.

Sucks you caved, but thanks for making my quit stronger today because I will NOT BE YOU!

While you figure your shit out, I'll be here quitting like a girl.
Can't really put it any better than Ginet did. Own it and get serious. Otherwise move on. Don't waste your time. More importantly, don't waste OUR time. Plenty of people on here that are fighting this addiction head on, each day. I'm one of them. I'm disappointed, to the say least...
The three questions are:

What happened?

Why did it happen?

What are you going to do differently?

You mostly answered them already, but rethinking it and answering formally will be a good start...
If you plan on caving again don't bother answering or further wasting our time. You want to quit or what?
Hey, maybe you're that guy. The guy who can have just a few dips once in a while and then flip the switch off.

The guy who just has one to have a little extra fun, or to help unwind after a rough day.

Maybe you're the guy who just needs one during a drive, while your fishing, out with the fellas, while having a drink, or while watching the game. Maybe once in awhile you need one to kick start your day, or to pass some idle time while out of town, or to calm down after having an argument with the wife

Maybe you're that special guy.

I haven't seen that guy come through here in my 781 days, but maybe you're the one.

Maybe you're the Bruce Leroy of ktc.

Maybe...
You know, I said this to you a few days ago and you still aren't listening:

THE FUTURE DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU CAN'T MAKE IT THROUGH THE NOW!

When you first got here, you talked about how quitting for 100 days would just be awesome. You've known about this upcoming reunion since that day and were planning on caving then. You claim you want to be a "lifetime quitter".

On June 28, 2011...I quit. I've been quitting every minute since. Sometimes it's easy and sometimes it's the most difficult thing in the world. I use my tools when I need them, and I clean and sharpen them when I don't. It's not rocket science. It's just what we need to do in this battle.

Do not worry about the future.

What are you doing now? Are you in danger of failing?

If yes...use your tools. (Call someone. Sack up.)
If no...sharpen. (What is my immediate schedule? When will I be possible tempted? What will I do if I'm presented with a crave? Is there anybody I can text to just say hi?)

Sack up man. Addicts here aren't liars. We're men and women of our words. Users...they are the dooshes. Users are liars.
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2014, 11:12:00 PM »
Quote from: B-loMatt
I caved last night. I had a gin and tonic at an event and needed to stop for on my way home for gas. I took the opportunity to buy and use a can. I had a number I could text, but I chose not to. I also had the contract in my wallet, and I avoided reading it.

I immediately regretted it. Afterwards, I couldn't shake the feeling that not only had I stepped back into bondage, but that I had been on a streak, had been feeling good, and then jeopardized what was probably my best chance at being a lifetime quitter (I'm assuming caving gets even easier after you have already caved once) for a quick hit that I knew I wouldn't enjoy.

Now I really want to quit. More than I did before. The past five days had been great. I felt free. I didn't miss dip the way that I thought I would. I felt like a different person. Obviously, I'm not a different person yet, but I'd like to pay the piper and get back in the saddle with the rest of you. Here are a couple of things I have been holding back:

1) I have a reunion with my former college roommates from August 6th - 11th. I haven't seen these guys for a two years, and I was relishing the idea of a week with the boys away from the wives. I've been looking forward to dipping over this trip. I've been afraid to tell them I quit because I know they will hold me to it. In all honesty, I've essentially been planning on caving during that trip. So I guess the last five days were a lie anyways. I will email all of them today and inform them I won't be dipping over the trip.

2) I need to take an extended break from alcohol. Over the last five days my cravings were actually fairly minimal. I probably wrestled with it three times (including last night), and each of the cravings was preceded by a drink of some sort. Going forward, I am also going to promise not to drink for the first fifty days of my quit with the exception of the week of my reunion in August. Over the week, I will have five guys with me at all times ensuring I don't dip.

Finally, I'm not sure where to go from here. Do I need to rejoin a new quit group? My 100 day mark will no longer be in October. I heard I need to answer three questions, but I'm not even sure what they are.
Are you a man of your word? Because you promised you would not use that day, and then you lied. We're not playing Pony Princess Playset here, this is now or never life and death.

Quit has to be a priority. You don't put quit on the backburner and expect to succeed here. All these "fears" and bullshit about how you were going to cave regardless represent one thing - addiction. Regarding your cave, it's preached all over the site that alcohol kills early quits. I'd bet my left nut you've seen it on here even in your short time on KTC. Wake the fuck up.

You don't have a "decreased" chance of succeeding because you caved, that's an excuse. We have a number of folks here that have been in your shoes, but they understood that they needed to reevaluate their mindset and grab the bull by the balls if they were going to succeed.

Scared about your upcoming trip? Don't go. Out of the question? Then tell every person there that if they offer you dip or give you one upon request, that you will kick them so hard in the balls they won't walk straight for a week.

Your 100 day mark would now be in November. Answers to the three questions need to be posted in both October explaining to them what happened, and your new November group.

And take that stupid "first attempt" out of your signature. That failure should piss you off more than anything, letting the puppeteer get back in your good graces. Delete that shit and focus on your final quit, this one.
Nothing gets in the way of my quit. You may want to adopt that way of thinking. When you are serious and get your head out of your ass and that shit out of your mouth for good, let me know. Until you have done some serious thinking, some deep down inner searching shit to cleanse your mind of bullshit excuses, you will always be a slave. I have not found a reason to put that poison in my body. I cannot believe that you think you have.

Sucks you caved, but thanks for making my quit stronger today because I will NOT BE YOU!

Can't really put it any better than Ginet did. Own it and get serious. Otherwise move on. Don't waste your time. More importantly, don't waste OUR time. Plenty of people on here that are fighting this addiction head on, each day. I'm one of them. I'm disappointed, to the say least...
The three questions are:

What happened?

Why did it happen?

You mostly answered them already, but rethinking it and answering formally will be a good start...
If you plan on caving again don't bother answering or further wasting our time. You want to quit or what?
Hey, maybe you're that guy. The guy who can have just a few dips once in a while and then flip the switch off.

The guy who just has one to have a little extra fun, or to help unwind after a rough day.

Maybe you're the guy who just needs one during a drive, while your fishing, out with the fellas, while having a drink, or while watching the game. Maybe once in awhile you need one to kick start your day, or to pass some idle time while out of town, or to calm down after having an argument with the wife

Maybe you're that special guy.

I haven't seen that guy come through here in my 781 days, but maybe you're the one.

Maybe you're the Bruce Leroy of ktc.

Maybe...
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline B-loMatt

• Quitter
  • Interests: Cooking, gameing, music, sports, the outdoors. Spending time with my family is my biggest hobby, I have two little girls who are my number 1 priority (for real now that I kicked nic out of my life)
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2014, 08:44:00 PM »

The three questions are:

What happened?

Why did it happen?

Offline THansen2413

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2017-03-03
  • Interests: Vikings, Gophers, Wild. Enjoy running in the warm months.
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2014, 08:10:00 PM »

Quitters I've met in person : Keddy, boelker62, Big Brother Jack, baitbanjo, SirDerek, Chewie, Scowick65, theo3wood, mcarmo44, MonsterEMT, Bronc, dforbes, rocketman, Lance from SD, kdip, wastepanel, quitspit, basshaug, greenspidy, 30yrAddict, btdogboy, cmark, chrisTKE1982, Jeffro Dolfie, Clampy, carlh2o, JGlav, ReWire, Chewrouski_Philly, Sranger999, walterwhite, DWEIRICK, spit cup, FranPro, ericfluck

Offline Ginet

• Quitter
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2014, 08:03:00 PM »

The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it. ~ Chinese Proverb
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply. ~ Stephen R. Covey

QD 12/29/13
April 2014 Resolute

Offline Knockout

• Quitter
  • Interests: EDM, Tattoos, Piercings, Rock Climbing, Football (mostly NFL), concerts, the beach.
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2014, 01:11:00 PM »

Obsessed with the ghey

QD 01/10/14

Offline Seminole

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-07-27
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2014, 12:32:00 PM »

You can reach me at xxx.xxx.xxxx

Offline Mogul

• Quitter
  • Interests: Pilot
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2014, 08:26:00 PM »
Seminole, Mogul here. and Im not here to beat you up or cheer you up but lay down some truth. Me, you and everybody else here is an addict. We are not above that definition but purely defined. We have to look at that in the mirror each and every day. That doesn't mean we are users or losers or inept to have a successful life. We, as individuals, decide our fate as addicts whether or not to feed our addictions, but; we who have decided to fight our addiction win daily as a group of quitters. We post roll. thats it, we post, promise and keep our word. If you care to join us you will be welcomed. Take what you need, give what you can, but stay quit by posting roll. I quit with you Seminole.

Mogul

Offline Seminole

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-07-27
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2014, 08:04:00 PM »
Fair enough, gentlemen. There are no "stoppers", only users and quitters. I'll continue to educate myself and post.
You can reach me at xxx.xxx.xxxx

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2014, 10:46:00 AM »
Seminole, you gotta get your mind right. I implore you to read the Words of Wisdom Section and the Hall of Fame speeches, as well as the cancer stories. You need to get fully educated on tobacco/nicotine. Really dive in and do some research on the effects of nicotine addiction. Learn, learn, learn. Tobacco/nicotine is your enemy.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018