Community > Introductions

Garbage feeling

<< < (20/20)

MN_Engineer:
I understand the physical issues can be concerning and cause anxiety and stress. And while 90 days is awesome, it's a drop in the bucket compared to 30 years of nicotine use.

Stay the course. Keep focusing one day at a time. As your body heals and learns to function without the poison of nicotine, you will start to experience a new normal. For some it takes a bit longer than others. Perseverance is key here and I commend you for creating an intro to share your frustrations. I encourage you to continue to log your experience in your intro and in time you will really see the progress you've made.

SmokeyMountainExpress:
I am at 205 days and my throat still bugs me from time to time, but it is nothing close to what it was at 90 days.  For me in seems like my throat will have problems for a couple of weeks, and then it will subside for a couple weeks just to come back again.  Every time it comes back the anxiety, and strength of the annoyance lessens.  I went to the doctor as well, and they couldn't find anything medically wrong with me, so ill just keep quit and let my body to continue to heal.

Thefranks5:
Today is day 90 nicotine free after 30 years of abuse. For the past month I have had severe anxiety and depression issues which I seem to be able to control. The bigger issue is I still feel like garbage with nasty taste in mouth at times, sore throat that comes and goes, upset stomach, etc all the classic first month symptoms. I do realize that some of the other people have these symptoms longer then others but it is really wiping me out. Doctors have no clue so no sense going there for answers. This website has provided almost all answers and it is sooooo nice to hear it from a fellow quitter. I guess I need reassurance that this will pass also. This is the farthest I have ever gone in all my quits and I will win this battle. The same garbage feeling day after day is huge reason people fail for which I had done 14 years ago. I just need that kick in the pants to keep me going from all you older quitters. Sorry for the long rant but without our support groups we are nothing. God bless to all and keep up the fight.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version