Author Topic: Suck-It, I will Embrace the Suck  (Read 2354 times)

Offline Leahy16

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Suck-It, I will Embrace the Suck
« Reply #59 on: April 30, 2012, 08:48:00 PM »
Quote from: Copehater
Quote from: Suck-It
Day 66

The challenge is here!!!  I have been quitting by the KTC philosophy of "Quit Today and worry about tomorrow, tomorrow."  No question this works and I have really done a great job embracing it and not worrying about the future or quitting forever.  BUT, in the back of my mind I new this time was coming and would be the toughest challenge in my quit thus far.

The next 4 weeks work has me on the road, home on the weekends, but Monday through Friday, hotels, lots of drive time, flights, etc. and Copenshit has always been my travel companion.  Late nights watching TV laying in bed, Copenshit has always kept me up and has always kept me company. 

I am looking forward to new sleeping hours, earlier wake-ups, and more productive days, I EMBRACE the CHALLENGE...but I also am fully prepared for the challenges the nic bitch will throw at me.  I have tons of numbers from some great quitters.  I know you all have my back.  I will fight my ass off and I will exhaust all avenues - I WILL NOT CAVE!!!  CAVING IS NOT AN OPTION.

I am at war as Mthomas has written about - this is a war and I have the best fucking army behind me.  Be prepared for plenty of texts, warn your wives or significant others that a late night text may wake you all up - it's just me fighting off the bitch. 

On a side note, I have a phenominal family.  My wife and 4 kids baked me a cake, had my favorite dinner ready, and surprised me when I got home...the cake read "Happy 63 Quit Day."  That's right - day 63.  I looked at my wife and said - it is just day 63, no significance in day 63.  She corrected me and said it is significant because I have not chewed in 63 days - every day quit is significant.  What a wife and what a family.  Reminder next time I read this, when I look back, to thank them for their support. 

Alright, time to grind it out and defeat this next challenge.  I QUIT LIKE FUCK!!!
I will quit with you everyday of the week, carry on!
63 days is no different than any other number and just as important as your family showed you. We are quit for today and that's all we have.

I'll quit with you and old-man Copehater today
Quit Date Jun 5, 2011; HOF Sep 12, 2011; 1,000 days Feb 28, 2014

Offline Copehater

• Quitter
« Reply #58 on: April 30, 2012, 07:52:00 PM »
Day 66

The challenge is here!!! I have been quitting by the KTC philosophy of "Quit Today and worry about tomorrow, tomorrow." No question this works and I have really done a great job embracing it and not worrying about the future or quitting forever. BUT, in the back of my mind I new this time was coming and would be the toughest challenge in my quit thus far.

The next 4 weeks work has me on the road, home on the weekends, but Monday through Friday, hotels, lots of drive time, flights, etc. and Copenshit has always been my travel companion. Late nights watching TV laying in bed, Copenshit has always kept me up and has always kept me company.

I am looking forward to new sleeping hours, earlier wake-ups, and more productive days, I EMBRACE the CHALLENGE...but I also am fully prepared for the challenges the nic bitch will throw at me. I have tons of numbers from some great quitters. I know you all have my back. I will fight my ass off and I will exhaust all avenues - I WILL NOT CAVE!!! CAVING IS NOT AN OPTION.

I am at war as Mthomas has written about - this is a war and I have the best fucking army behind me. Be prepared for plenty of texts, warn your wives or significant others that a late night text may wake you all up - it's just me fighting off the bitch.

On a side note, I have a phenominal family. My wife and 4 kids baked me a cake, had my favorite dinner ready, and surprised me when I got home...the cake read "Happy 63 Quit Day." That's right - day 63. I looked at my wife and said - it is just day 63, no significance in day 63. She corrected me and said it is significant because I have not chewed in 63 days - every day quit is significant. What a wife and what a family. Reminder next time I read this, when I look back, to thank them for their support.

Alright, time to grind it out and defeat this next challenge. I QUIT LIKE FUCK!!!
I will quit with you everyday of the week, carry on!
Are We Having Fun Yet?

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-03-14
  • Interests: Living my life and never turning back to the can of lies.
« Reply #57 on: April 30, 2012, 07:02:00 PM »
Day 66

The challenge is here!!! I have been quitting by the KTC philosophy of "Quit Today and worry about tomorrow, tomorrow." No question this works and I have really done a great job embracing it and not worrying about the future or quitting forever. BUT, in the back of my mind I new this time was coming and would be the toughest challenge in my quit thus far.

The next 4 weeks work has me on the road, home on the weekends, but Monday through Friday, hotels, lots of drive time, flights, etc. and Copenshit has always been my travel companion. Late nights watching TV laying in bed, Copenshit has always kept me up and has always kept me company.

I am looking forward to new sleeping hours, earlier wake-ups, and more productive days, I EMBRACE the CHALLENGE...but I also am fully prepared for the challenges the nic bitch will throw at me. I have tons of numbers from some great quitters. I know you all have my back. I will fight my ass off and I will exhaust all avenues - I WILL NOT CAVE!!! CAVING IS NOT AN OPTION.

I am at war as Mthomas has written about - this is a war and I have the best fucking army behind me. Be prepared for plenty of texts, warn your wives or significant others that a late night text may wake you all up - it's just me fighting off the bitch.

On a side note, I have a phenominal family. My wife and 4 kids baked me a cake, had my favorite dinner ready, and surprised me when I got home...the cake read "Happy 63 Quit Day." That's right - day 63. I looked at my wife and said - it is just day 63, no significance in day 63. She corrected me and said it is significant because I have not chewed in 63 days - every day quit is significant. What a wife and what a family. Reminder next time I read this, when I look back, to thank them for their support.

Alright, time to grind it out and defeat this next challenge. I QUIT LIKE FUCK!!!
You just raised my quit strength. Suck-it you are a damn nic KILLER! You can call me day, night, when I'm boning my wife...I don't give a shit. I will interrupt an orgasm for your call! I am on the battlefield with you.

If a thought to cave comes. Dismiss it with this...if you cave, inevitably you will make another attempt to quit. You know you will get sick of the bitch again and have to break it off. That record skips with quit, cave, quit, cave. Gets old.

You are quit! Your family knows it and you know it. They made you a cake on day 63. That is brilliant....you don't need to get to 100 to know you are quit. You have a family that surprises you by letting you know they love that you have quit.

Text me or call me. (I can tell you how bipolar I have become as a quitter) but what a victory when you come back successful in work and being nic free!

I love being quit. My record isn't skipping. I shattered that old song. This new song of, "I am quit"... has a nice melody and never skips because I haven't caved. The song is long it seems to have no end but I never tire of the music of quit! I know you don't either.

We always think we are weak when we are alone. KTC....It is our fault if we feel alone because we don't need to be. You are surrounded with allies.

Time to document your trip because I think it is going to be one of the most successful trips full of rewards.....
Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #56 on: April 30, 2012, 07:01:00 PM »
Day 66

Suck. I have not experienced what you are headed for but I do understand I have some really rough days coming this summer. I'll be here if you need some privates to help in your battle. I'll drop my # in your inbox.
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline Suck-It

• Quitter
« Reply #55 on: April 30, 2012, 06:41:00 PM »
Day 66

Offline Grizzly25

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Every and all sports, fishing and hunting.
« Reply #54 on: April 18, 2012, 11:24:00 PM »
Day 54 - Funk??? Yesterday I had some tough ass craves. I hate that I have to see the shit every day at work - yesterday was really tough. Last night was grumpy and real irritable. Wife noticed it right away and asked if this was another funk period. Thought maybe I was just tired so I went to bed hoping I would wake up feeling better. Was wrong about that. Felt shitty all day - grumpy, irritable, and tough ass craves. Mouth watering craves. What in the fuck is going on?

Hoping there is supposed to be a funk in the 50's cause if not, I am creating one. Gotta love the ups and downs of quitting. I Embrace the Suck but honestly getting tired of it. I need a firm kick in the balls to wake me up and knock some sense into me. I know I don't deserve it but sure wish this quit could start getting easier - any day now.

Oh well, I will post Day 55 tomorrow and grind, fight, through another funky day if that is what is ahead. Planning to make it a great quit day no matter.
I would tell you its bad around your 50's brother!

Stay strong and focused and your resolve will win the day!
"Remember you are either getting better or getting worse, nobody stays the same!" Woody Hayes

"Winning! That's all we do around here brotha! Failure is not an option, remove it as an option and the possibilities are endless...." Bruce317 5-18-2012

"...We'll be heroes or ghosts...But we won't be turned around." Wastepanel 6-15-2012

"A QUITTER NEVER HAS TO GO THROUGH THE SUCK AGAIN!" tgafish 6-1-2012

QUIT LIKE FUCK MY BITCHES!!!

PATIENCE LIKE FUCK MY BITCHES!!!

Quit Date: 2-6-2012
HOF Date: 5-16-2012
HOF Speech

Offline Suck-It

• Quitter
« Reply #53 on: April 18, 2012, 11:06:00 PM »
Day 54 - Funk??? Yesterday I had some tough ass craves. I hate that I have to see the shit every day at work - yesterday was really tough. Last night was grumpy and real irritable. Wife noticed it right away and asked if this was another funk period. Thought maybe I was just tired so I went to bed hoping I would wake up feeling better. Was wrong about that. Felt shitty all day - grumpy, irritable, and tough ass craves. Mouth watering craves. What in the fuck is going on?

Hoping there is supposed to be a funk in the 50's cause if not, I am creating one. Gotta love the ups and downs of quitting. I Embrace the Suck but honestly getting tired of it. I need a firm kick in the balls to wake me up and knock some sense into me. I know I don't deserve it but sure wish this quit could start getting easier - any day now.

Oh well, I will post Day 55 tomorrow and grind, fight, through another funky day if that is what is ahead. Planning to make it a great quit day no matter.

Offline Grizzly25

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Every and all sports, fishing and hunting.
« Reply #52 on: April 16, 2012, 09:43:00 AM »
Last week I hit some milestones 45 days, 50 days, been a long time since I have gone that many days without a chew. It was also a tough week. I coach college football and on Good Friday we got news that our starting LBer from this past season had passed away in his sleep in his dorm.Very tough news, a sad week for all of us. He was healthy and preparing for the NFL draft - no drugs, no alcohol, nothing like that found in his system. A great kid with a great smile and a big heart. God needed a tough ass LBer on his team I guess.

Friday, day 49 for me I received news that one of my former college teammates and one of my roommates in the dorm my freshman year - was shot and killed in his house along with his girlfriend - a 3:30am home robbery on Easter Sunday. Guess the big man upstairs needed a bad ass DE.

I write this all not for sympathy or anything else, I write this for later down the road - to look back on and not just remember 2 great people taken from this world early - but because through it all, flying to Florida yesterday (Day 50) for the funeral, sitting in the church trying to make sense of it all knowing that we cannot make sense of God's plan, we can only trust and have faith. But, I thought about my quit and what does it mean in the grand scheme of things. Does it really matter if I chew or not. I mean, these two deaths were completely unexplainable - nothing they did caused it, it was their time, God's plan. You hear all the time, from addicts, justifying their addiction, hell, I used to use it - gotta die from something, probably get cancer from something simple like Milk or apples, whatever - or die in a car wreck on the way to work in the morning. Does it really matter that I quit?

I sat on the plane home from the funeral and had a can of Copenhagen passed up right in front of me and honestly, I had no urge to chew. No desire, no feeling sorry for myself sympathy dip. But I did think hard about life and death, and chewing, and God's plan. I don't want a chew right now, I am not craving for a chew right now, but like the weather outside, I feel dark and gloomy. Not sad and teary eyed, but just slow moving, dark and gloomy. I'm not a teary eyed, emotional person, for whatever reason I hold all that in, right or wrong, but, yesterday and today quitting just feels different - like it is such a small thing with not much meaning in it.

I am strong in my quit and will not cave - no worries, I give my word. Just hit with a lot of big life questions. I mainly quit for my family, for my kids. And yes, my kids are me, they are the best part of me so I do quit for myself. They are what keep me quit because I do not want my kids having to grow up without me. I also quit for the guys and girls on this site. There is no way I can let any of you down, not at this point. It would kill me if a June brother threw in the towel - we are important to each other. You all are another main reason I stay quit.

Lost for more words so ending this now. When I look back on this I want to remember that through all of life's major challenges this past week, I did it without Copenhagen, I did not crave or need Copenhagen to make any of it better, and I am proud to say that not once did I ever consider using the challenges as an excuse to cave. I can make it through anything - as long as I give my word and my commitment that I will quit for TODAY. This site is important to me because without it, and without all of you I could not have done this by myself. You all were on that plane with me and when that can was passed up, you all were there keeping me from grabbing it and caving. Thank you to all. I AM PROUD to be QUIT and PROUD to be a member of KTC and proud to be a June Quit brother. I apologize if this sounds like an emotional train wreck (if anyone has read this much) but felt like getting it out there, in my so called journal, so that down the road I may look back and say - FUCK YOU COPENHAGEN, I DON'T NEED YOU!!!
I am very proud to be quit with you and I can totally hear the resolve in your words!

That is some serious badass quit going on right there, remember this is for you and as your quit gets stronger your family will appreciate it even more!!!

Stay strong brother and never hesitate to contact me if you need anything!
"Remember you are either getting better or getting worse, nobody stays the same!" Woody Hayes

"Winning! That's all we do around here brotha! Failure is not an option, remove it as an option and the possibilities are endless...." Bruce317 5-18-2012

"...We'll be heroes or ghosts...But we won't be turned around." Wastepanel 6-15-2012

"A QUITTER NEVER HAS TO GO THROUGH THE SUCK AGAIN!" tgafish 6-1-2012

QUIT LIKE FUCK MY BITCHES!!!

PATIENCE LIKE FUCK MY BITCHES!!!

Quit Date: 2-6-2012
HOF Date: 5-16-2012
HOF Speech

Offline rgross298

• Quitter
  • F Tobacco.
  • Quit Date: 02/19/2012
« Reply #51 on: April 16, 2012, 08:52:00 AM »
Last week I hit some milestones 45 days, 50 days, been a long time since I have gone that many days without a chew. It was also a tough week. I coach college football and on Good Friday we got news that our starting LBer from this past season had passed away in his sleep in his dorm.Very tough news, a sad week for all of us. He was healthy and preparing for the NFL draft - no drugs, no alcohol, nothing like that found in his system. A great kid with a great smile and a big heart. God needed a tough ass LBer on his team I guess.

Friday, day 49 for me I received news that one of my former college teammates and one of my roommates in the dorm my freshman year - was shot and killed in his house along with his girlfriend - a 3:30am home robbery on Easter Sunday. Guess the big man upstairs needed a bad ass DE.

I write this all not for sympathy or anything else, I write this for later down the road - to look back on and not just remember 2 great people taken from this world early - but because through it all, flying to Florida yesterday (Day 50) for the funeral, sitting in the church trying to make sense of it all knowing that we cannot make sense of God's plan, we can only trust and have faith. But, I thought about my quit and what does it mean in the grand scheme of things. Does it really matter if I chew or not. I mean, these two deaths were completely unexplainable - nothing they did caused it, it was their time, God's plan. You hear all the time, from addicts, justifying their addiction, hell, I used to use it - gotta die from something, probably get cancer from something simple like Milk or apples, whatever - or die in a car wreck on the way to work in the morning. Does it really matter that I quit?

I sat on the plane home from the funeral and had a can of Copenhagen passed up right in front of me and honestly, I had no urge to chew. No desire, no feeling sorry for myself sympathy dip. But I did think hard about life and death, and chewing, and God's plan. I don't want a chew right now, I am not craving for a chew right now, but like the weather outside, I feel dark and gloomy. Not sad and teary eyed, but just slow moving, dark and gloomy. I'm not a teary eyed, emotional person, for whatever reason I hold all that in, right or wrong, but, yesterday and today quitting just feels different - like it is such a small thing with not much meaning in it.

I am strong in my quit and will not cave - no worries, I give my word. Just hit with a lot of big life questions. I mainly quit for my family, for my kids. And yes, my kids are me, they are the best part of me so I do quit for myself. They are what keep me quit because I do not want my kids having to grow up without me. I also quit for the guys and girls on this site. There is no way I can let any of you down, not at this point. It would kill me if a June brother threw in the towel - we are important to each other. You all are another main reason I stay quit.

Lost for more words so ending this now. When I look back on this I want to remember that through all of life's major challenges this past week, I did it without Copenhagen, I did not crave or need Copenhagen to make any of it better, and I am proud to say that not once did I ever consider using the challenges as an excuse to cave. I can make it through anything - as long as I give my word and my commitment that I will quit for TODAY. This site is important to me because without it, and without all of you I could not have done this by myself. You all were on that plane with me and when that can was passed up, you all were there keeping me from grabbing it and caving. Thank you to all. I AM PROUD to be QUIT and PROUD to be a member of KTC and proud to be a June Quit brother. I apologize if this sounds like an emotional train wreck (if anyone has read this much) but felt like getting it out there, in my so called journal, so that down the road I may look back and say - FUCK YOU COPENHAGEN, I DON'T NEED YOU!!!
Fucking speechless. You've galvanized my quit, I am proud to be quit with you.

Stay strong, brother.

Offline Suck-It

• Quitter
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2012, 10:48:00 PM »
Thanks for all the great words. Love KTC

Offline dd22

• Quitter
« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2012, 10:21:00 PM »
Last week I hit some milestones 45 days, 50 days, been a long time since I have gone that many days without a chew.  It was also a tough week.  I coach college football and on Good Friday we got news that our starting LBer from this past season had passed away in his sleep in his dorm.Very tough news, a sad week for all of us.  He was healthy and preparing for the NFL draft - no drugs, no alcohol, nothing like that found in his system.  A great kid with a great smile and a big heart.  God needed a tough ass LBer on his team I guess. 

Friday, day 49 for me I received news that one of my former college teammates and one of my roommates in the dorm my freshman year - was shot and killed in his house along with his girlfriend - a 3:30am home robbery on Easter Sunday.  Guess the big man upstairs needed a bad ass DE.

I write this all not for sympathy or anything else, I write this for later down the road - to look back on and not just remember 2 great people taken from this world early - but because through it all, flying to Florida yesterday (Day 50) for the funeral, sitting in the church trying to make sense of it all knowing that we cannot make sense of God's plan, we can only trust and have faith.  But, I thought about my quit and what does it mean in the grand scheme of things.  Does it really matter if I chew or not.  I mean, these two deaths were completely unexplainable - nothing they did caused it, it was their time, God's plan.  You hear all the time, from addicts, justifying their addiction, hell, I used to use it - gotta die from something, probably get cancer from something simple like Milk or apples, whatever - or die in a car wreck on the way to work in the morning.  Does it really matter that I quit?

I sat on the plane home from the funeral and had a can of Copenhagen passed up right in front of me and honestly, I had no urge to chew.  No desire, no feeling sorry for myself sympathy dip.  But I did think hard about life and death, and chewing, and God's plan.  I don't want a chew right now, I am not craving for a chew right now, but like the weather outside, I feel dark and gloomy.  Not sad and teary eyed, but just slow moving, dark and gloomy.  I'm not a teary eyed, emotional person, for whatever reason I hold all that in, right or wrong, but, yesterday and today quitting just feels different - like it is such a small thing with not much meaning in it.

I am strong in my quit and will not cave - no worries, I give my word.  Just hit with a lot of big life questions.  I mainly quit for my family, for my kids.  And yes, my kids are me, they are the best part of me so I do quit for myself.  They are what keep me quit because I do not want my kids having to grow up without me.  I also quit for the guys and girls on this site.  There is no way I can let any of you down, not at this point.  It would kill me if a June brother threw in the towel - we are important to each other.  You all are another main reason I stay quit.

Lost for more words so ending this now.  When I look back on this I want to remember that through all of life's major challenges this past week, I did it without Copenhagen, I did not crave or need Copenhagen to make any of it better, and I am proud to say that not once did I ever consider using the challenges as an excuse to cave.  I can make it through anything - as long as I give my word and my commitment that I will quit for TODAY.  This site is important to me because without it, and without all of you I could not have done this by myself.  You all were on that plane with me and when that can was passed up, you all were there keeping me from grabbing it and caving.  Thank you to all.  I AM PROUD to be QUIT and PROUD to be a member of KTC and proud to be a June Quit brother.  I apologize if this sounds like an emotional train wreck (if anyone has read this much) but felt like getting it out there, in my so called journal, so that down the road I may look back and say - FUCK YOU COPENHAGEN, I DON'T NEED YOU!!!
oooommmfff. Wind sucking body blows.

Give yourself permission to take a little emotional break, then come back rockin'. Seriously.

What doesn't matter? Chew. What does matter? your kids and family and extended family.

I am proud to be Quit with you.

Offline Leahy16

• Quitter
« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2012, 07:50:00 PM »

I'm at a loss for appropriate words so I will just say that those men really will always be with you.

It would be great if you could share their names.

I'm quit with you today. Stay strong.
Quit Date Jun 5, 2011; HOF Sep 12, 2011; 1,000 days Feb 28, 2014

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-03-14
  • Interests: Living my life and never turning back to the can of lies.
« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2012, 07:50:00 PM »
Last week I hit some milestones 45 days, 50 days, been a long time since I have gone that many days without a chew.  It was also a tough week.  I coach college football and on Good Friday we got news that our starting LBer from this past season had passed away in his sleep in his dorm.Very tough news, a sad week for all of us.  He was healthy and preparing for the NFL draft - no drugs, no alcohol, nothing like that found in his system.  A great kid with a great smile and a big heart.  God needed a tough ass LBer on his team I guess. 

Friday, day 49 for me I received news that one of my former college teammates and one of my roommates in the dorm my freshman year - was shot and killed in his house along with his girlfriend - a 3:30am home robbery on Easter Sunday.  Guess the big man upstairs needed a bad ass DE.

I write this all not for sympathy or anything else, I write this for later down the road - to look back on and not just remember 2 great people taken from this world early - but because through it all, flying to Florida yesterday (Day 50) for the funeral, sitting in the church trying to make sense of it all knowing that we cannot make sense of God's plan, we can only trust and have faith.  But, I thought about my quit and what does it mean in the grand scheme of things.  Does it really matter if I chew or not.  I mean, these two deaths were completely unexplainable - nothing they did caused it, it was their time, God's plan.  You hear all the time, from addicts, justifying their addiction, hell, I used to use it - gotta die from something, probably get cancer from something simple like Milk or apples, whatever - or die in a car wreck on the way to work in the morning.  Does it really matter that I quit?

I sat on the plane home from the funeral and had a can of Copenhagen passed up right in front of me and honestly, I had no urge to chew.  No desire, no feeling sorry for myself sympathy dip.  But I did think hard about life and death, and chewing, and God's plan.  I don't want a chew right now, I am not craving for a chew right now, but like the weather outside, I feel dark and gloomy.  Not sad and teary eyed, but just slow moving, dark and gloomy.  I'm not a teary eyed, emotional person, for whatever reason I hold all that in, right or wrong, but, yesterday and today quitting just feels different - like it is such a small thing with not much meaning in it.

I am strong in my quit and will not cave - no worries, I give my word.  Just hit with a lot of big life questions.  I mainly quit for my family, for my kids.  And yes, my kids are me, they are the best part of me so I do quit for myself.  They are what keep me quit because I do not want my kids having to grow up without me.  I also quit for the guys and girls on this site.  There is no way I can let any of you down, not at this point.  It would kill me if a June brother threw in the towel - we are important to each other.  You all are another main reason I stay quit.

Lost for more words so ending this now.  When I look back on this I want to remember that through all of life's major challenges this past week, I did it without Copenhagen, I did not crave or need Copenhagen to make any of it better, and I am proud to say that not once did I ever consider using the challenges as an excuse to cave.  I can make it through anything - as long as I give my word and my commitment that I will quit for TODAY.  This site is important to me because without it, and without all of you I could not have done this by myself.  You all were on that plane with me and when that can was passed up, you all were there keeping me from grabbing it and caving.  Thank you to all.  I AM PROUD to be QUIT and PROUD to be a member of KTC and proud to be a June Quit brother.  I apologize if this sounds like an emotional train wreck (if anyone has read this much) but felt like getting it out there, in my so called journal, so that down the road I may look back and say - FUCK YOU COPENHAGEN, I DON'T NEED YOU!!!
Wow, I read and took in every word. If you can get through all that...God must have ministered to you. You're my leader so I hope this doesn't come across condesending but I am proud of you. I feel for you in the struggles you have had.

What an example and as your quit brother, I can't let you down. You didn't even desire to cave, you kept your wits about you. I have never been to or known anyone from mn. You represent them well. I would go into battle any day with you!

You knocked the nic bitch out this week!
Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech

Offline Suck-It

• Quitter
« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2012, 05:30:00 PM »

Offline Aredoubleyou

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2012, 12:58:00 PM »
It's been a while since I've posted in here (my personal journal) and probably because like the past 10-15 days of my quit, the motivation seems to have been zapped. Still batting 100% on posting roll and that will not change, but, I need to pick it up again and get more active in my quit.

Today is day 48 and lately there have been some day 1-4 repeats.Some have said it is because you lose a little bit of the early excitement of quitting and begin to get bored. Well, not sure I'm bored but definitely have had to battle through some tough times. Nicotine sucks, Copenhagen sucks, I hate it more today than ever simply because it is so hard to get the shit out of my life. On day 46 or so I finished up a workout and actually reached into my bag searching for my can - I always enjoyed a Cope after a workout - but I had to punch myself in the balls and remind myself that I quit!!! At day 46 I would not have thought that was possible.

On a positive note - my wife and kids are GREAT. My wife out of the blue asked me on day 45 what day I was on. I told her and said yeah, kind of felt like lately you had forgotten about me quitting. I think she felt bad about that which was not my intent at all, just had not talked with her about my quit for a while and she had never asked. Well, I arrived home from work that night and walked in the door to a big "SURPRISE" from the wife and kids. Nothing big - but was still really big to me. They had a few signs posted "Congrats on 45 Days" and little gift bag - a Coors Lite t-shirt and 2 big boxes of Hot Tomalis. My oldest daughter is 7 and she made her own sign all by herself which read, "Great job daddy on quiting chooing. I love you forever." Damn near brought tears to my eyes. Thank you so much to my family.

Alright, done rambling, just felt like it was time to up-date my journal. I have a great quit group - the JUNE guys are the best!!! And love the KTC site and all members. Thanks for all the help and support. I quit one day at a time - I Embrace the Suck and I Embrace the pain and shitty days - I invest them into my quit.
You are the man. I know exactly what you mean with the post-workout chew...it is weird how doing something healthy can be a trigger for something so unhealthy...good job on punching yourself in the balls (did you actually do that?). I think sometimes to fight off the "boredom" or complacency of being quit we need to think back and remember where we came from with the chew. How the can literally ran our lives for so long. When you think about that it really makes you appreciate the battle that you have been winning up to this point and motivates you to stay quit.

Thanks for sharing the story about the wife and kids with us (I know it was more for you)...it is great that you have such a supportive family...when all is said and done those are the most important people in your life.

Keep up the good work, bro. So proud to be quit with you!