Author Topic: Glad to be here  (Read 97398 times)

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1652
Re: Glad to be here
« Reply #273 on: March 24, 2019, 05:33:19 PM »
So I'm getting some Diesel for the tractor at the Burke Corner Store.  In walks Bubba.  I used to pack one in but this guy....his lip stuck out so far you could have set a typewriter on it.  It was amazing.  I bet he had the whole can in there.  I see stuff like that from time to time and it blows me away that I was bubba for so long.  Owa tafool Iam chanted the tribe. In a related story, Athan splits and stacks six cords of wood over the marvelous weekend and all with out nicotine.  Of course, it hurts to move now.  Even my earlobes are in pain.  Youth, it's wasted on the young!
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
Hilltop - on being a man
« Reply #272 on: March 10, 2019, 07:20:17 AM »
From Hilltop (April '19)
I keep seeing that this site is my place to be grumpy, lash out, be sad, or whatever....well I’ve got something on my mind since yesterday that I want to share. Sorry, not sorry, if it’s long.
  As a few of you know, I have been attending the funeral, and family get together for my Aunt the last couple of days. First thing, this is the first funeral I can remember as an adult being nic free. To boot, it was a catholic ceremony today, so super long for this guy.
  Really what spurred this entry is where I stayed last night. My wife grabbed a hotel for us close to the family get together, in downtown Phoenix. It happens to be very near a cluster of hospitals, one of which is Phoenix Children’s Hospital. This is important because I have spent a lot of time there.
  When my youngest baby girl was barely three she got sick. Super stressful, but we eventually found our way to Phx Children’s where she began IV infusions twice a month. This went on for 18 months.... we’d drive two hours to Phx, stay at the Ronald McDonald house (rooms for families dealing with sick kids) get up early, and sit in the infusion center for 8 hours. Intermixed with Infusions were MRI’s and Dr. Visits.
 Point being, take a wild guess as to who the fucking retard in the room was ninja dipping. Yep......ME!
 Top lip it on the drive down, take a long time to get luggage at the car, be in the bathroom a little extra......top lip to the hospital, get up pre-lunch try and hide it in the trash can..... go to the car after lunch, top lip till the afternoon. Big o hidden top lipper in while my baby laid there hooked to an IV pump......Try and grab a top lipper for the drive home while I grabbed the car to pick my baby girl and wife up at the outpatient exit.
  What a piece of shit I was. I couldn’t toughen up and be the man I should have been without nic in my lip. I revolved my schedule around having nic in my lip. I was surrounded by a sick daughter and lots of other sick kids with nic in my lip. I was supporting a distraught wife and mother with nic in my lip. I was hiding nic in the bathroom of a place that fights cancer. Again, I was sneaking nic for at-least 16 hours a month at a place that fought for the health of kiddos. Let that settle.....it’s taken a while for it to settle with me.
  I was an addict, full blown using. A self centered,  weak man. Today, I’m an addict, but I’m not self centered, and I’m not using. I’ve grown to be the man that I need to be, that I want to be. I owe that success to the support I have from brothers that I’ve met on KTC.
  Thank you for letting me share this part of my life. I wish it wasn’t true, but hopefully it strengthens another’s quit. And, it helps strengthen mine by putting my story into text.
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
Re: Glad to be here
« Reply #271 on: February 28, 2019, 09:36:27 PM »
Just rounding off an EIGHTEEN HOUR day.  That's why I WUPP.  If I didn't the day would crowd it out.  Get my prayers in, get my post in, get my workout in THEN I start my day.  Whatever else may come, I've got those covered, they can't get crowded out! Quitting with you all today!

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline Kdip

• Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Quitting and helping others quit, riding my motorcycle, baseball, football, old furniture restoration, junk collecting, vintage arcade machines, rafting, tubing, camping, my family and dog
  • Likes Given: 295
Re: Athan
« Reply #270 on: September 14, 2018, 08:58:00 PM »
It was great meeting you Athan and you helped strengthen my quit as well.  I still need a good reminder of why I quit once in a while from folks earlier in their quits.  Congrats on your 250!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and here's to the next 250!

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
« Reply #269 on: September 11, 2018, 09:11:00 PM »
From Mambo (June '18)
"...Every day is a struggle which is why we say ODDAT. Addiction has no term limit."

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #268 on: September 09, 2018, 08:47:00 PM »
Quote from: Athan
252. Planes, trains, and automobiles all without nicotine. Called my good friend UncleRico and let him know I'd be in the neighborhood. So he puts the word on the street and Kdip rolls in with Gregor as well. We had over 5000 days of quit at the table, and single handedly raised the sex appeal of the establishment and quite possibly the city of Katy,Texas! Yessireebob it was an impromptu quitter meetup of epic proportions. Wish y'all coulda been there!
Bad ass!

These meetings are really pivotal in the process. Honored to quit with you.

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
« Reply #267 on: September 09, 2018, 05:34:00 PM »
252. Planes, trains, and automobiles all without nicotine. Called my good friend UncleRico and let him know I'd be in the neighborhood. So he puts the word on the street and Kdip rolls in with Gregor as well. We had over 5000 days of quit at the table, and single handedly raised the sex appeal of the establishment and quite possibly the city of Katy,Texas! Yessireebob it was an impromptu quitter meetup of epic proportions. Wish y'all coulda been there!

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline quitNWinay

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 7/18/2018, and every fuckin day ever since!
  • Likes Given: 498
« Reply #266 on: September 09, 2018, 01:10:00 PM »
Congratulations on the fine number, brother... Keep up the quit EDD ODAAT!!!
I am a caver...

Can't quit quitting!

Proud member of October 2018 Quit Group

Best soothing music when anxiety hits you hard - https://youtu.be/WFrAB5nBbNY

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
« Reply #265 on: September 08, 2018, 06:51:00 PM »
Quote from: Doofus
DAY 237

Officially now into unchartered quit waters. Never been quit this long, never felt this strong in my quit. KTC works people, I continue to feel gratitude and honor towards a complete set of strangers who help save my life one day at a time. Thanks KTC

PS....dont talk about anal here:) IN the shade boys, in the shade
250 for me Doofus!
I'm in line at the store and what do I see but a round silhouette on the jeans before me.
I shook my head there in disbelief, of the life in front of me given in to the thief.
I whipped out my phone and captured the scene, to pass to quit brothers the folly I'd seen.
The man before me a slave, although willing, for what lay before him indeed was chilling:
A life of bondage, a life in chains, of looking to spit, of tobacco stains;
Of wondering if he had enough of it left, Oh the anxiety of a life bereft.
Such men I pity, how they wander alone, all while addiction eats them to the bone.
But not Athan, oh not I! I've DONE IT man, I didn't just try!
I'm sailing new waters, but not alone and frail,
I have my quit brothers, they're the wind in my sails.
I've changed my course, I've conquered new ground,
I've heard freedoms song and I love the sound.
I like this, you are quite a poet, is this poem based on actual experience?
Yeah man. I was on the way back from the dentist (great way to celebrate 250!). Stopped to get some stuff and saw that tragic silhouette

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline Doofus

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Go big or go home
  • Interests: Family, fishing, football, friends and being quitI love my wife and two daughters. I'm not perfect but strive every day to be better.
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #264 on: September 08, 2018, 05:30:00 PM »
DAY 237

Officially now into unchartered quit waters. Never been quit this long, never felt this strong in my quit. KTC works people, I continue to feel gratitude and honor towards a complete set of strangers who help save my life one day at a time. Thanks KTC

250 for me Doofus!
I'm in line at the store and what do I see but a round silhouette on the jeans before me.
I shook my head there in disbelief, of the life in front of me given in to the thief.
I whipped out my phone and captured the scene, to pass to quit brothers the folly I'd seen.
The man before me a slave, although willing, for what lay before him indeed was chilling:
Such men I pity, how they wander alone, all while addiction eats them to the bone.
Ps- I am sorry for my unchartered post to your intro. Apparently, my posts, mainly because I posted to like 30 people is considered spam. "Someone elseÂ’s intro is not the place to post your own personal reflections."

I did not realize I was over stepping boundaries, some folks do not like it. Sorry, I assume you and Skol and some of my other quit brothers aren't upset with me, but I'm going to stay away from Intro from now on. I got a official warning from admin and mods to cease and desist. It was meant as a thank you but taken as an invasion of private space. Totally unintended consequence on my part, I fucked up, sorry man

Offline Doofus

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Go big or go home
  • Interests: Family, fishing, football, friends and being quitI love my wife and two daughters. I'm not perfect but strive every day to be better.
« Reply #263 on: September 08, 2018, 05:23:00 PM »
DAY 237

250 for me Doofus!

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
« Reply #262 on: September 07, 2018, 07:21:00 PM »
DAY 237

250 for me Doofus!

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline Doofus

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Go big or go home
« Reply #261 on: September 07, 2018, 06:51:00 PM »
DAY 237

Offline Skolvikings

• 86 Poison
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Trample the weak, hurdle the dead.
  • Quit Date: 01/02/2018
  • Interests: Mortgage Professional, Foodie, Golf, Guns, Beer, Vikings Football, Cornhuskers Football, My Amazing Wife
  • Likes Given: 975
« Reply #260 on: September 06, 2018, 12:42:00 AM »
Quote from: skolvikings
I'm not a smart man but I know what Quit is
Forrest Quit

“I quit, therefore I am”
Desquittes

“Hard. It’s a word used by the weak to describe that which requires effort”

YouÂ’ll never regret quitting. You will ALWAYS regret a cave.

“If quitting is wrong I don’t wanna be right”

“If you can't fly then run, if you can't run then walk, if you can't walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep quitting.”
¯ Martin Luther Quit Jr.

I set out one day to find enemies, and I found no friends.
I set out one day to find friends, and I found no enemies.
You will find that which you truly seek. Set your heart therefore on being quit.

“To quit or not to quit, that is the question.”
William Quitsphere

"Life is God's gift to a man. Integrity is a mans gift to himself."

The devil is roaming devouring souls like a lion EVERY MOMENT OF EVERY DAY OF YOUR LIFE. Fight. Fight. Fight.”
Swimdad

Vini Vidi Quiti
(we came, we saw, we quit)
Julius Quitter, or was it Quiteus Caesar?

“You don’t have to see the whole staircase, you just have to take the first step.” –Martin Luther Quit

“That’s one small quit for man, one giant quit for mankind!”
Neil Quitstrong

“Those who say it can’t be done are usually interrupted by someone doing it”
Quitbert Hubbard

"Quit ain't a destination, it's a journey"
Thanassi Quitopoulos

"I'd swim the English channel just to stay quit"
Mark Quitz

"Quit 101 now in session! Offering online classes to a quit group near you"
SoccerMan91 on HOF+1

“I’ll be quit”
Arnold Quitzenegger

“I thought it an impossible task, until I did it”
Quitonymous

“What happens to us is largely out of our hands,
How we respond to things will always be within our grasp.”
Quitosaurus Rex

"If I had a dime for each can, dontcha know I'd be a rich man?!"
Quit D. Rockefeller

"how do I quit thee, let me count the days"
Quitsphere

“I labored through a valley of tears for a treasure I wanted to see.
Lo and behold when my journey was through, the treasure I found was me!”
KTC June Â’18
So freaking awesome. So much fun. Lots of smiles putting those on roll.

V 2.0 starts again in a few days.

The mark spitz will forever be my favorite ?
Love you brother Athan.

I will fight with you in the annals of Quit.

Let us forever quit in the shade.
Be humble... grow everyday.

I fear I will always be chasing the vortex like a drug. None will be as special as my first hit.

MY HOF SPEECH

Offline Candoit

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • The Candy Man
  • Quit Date: Today
  • Likes Given: 121
« Reply #259 on: September 05, 2018, 10:13:00 PM »
Quote from: skolvikings
I'm not a smart man but I know what Quit is
Forrest Quit

“I quit, therefore I am”
Desquittes

“Hard. It’s a word used by the weak to describe that which requires effort”

YouÂ’ll never regret quitting. You will ALWAYS regret a cave.

“If quitting is wrong I don’t wanna be right”

“If you can't fly then run, if you can't run then walk, if you can't walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep quitting.”
¯ Martin Luther Quit Jr.

I set out one day to find enemies, and I found no friends.
I set out one day to find friends, and I found no enemies.
You will find that which you truly seek. Set your heart therefore on being quit.

“To quit or not to quit, that is the question.”
William Quitsphere

"Life is God's gift to a man. Integrity is a mans gift to himself."

The devil is roaming devouring souls like a lion EVERY MOMENT OF EVERY DAY OF YOUR LIFE. Fight. Fight. Fight.”
Swimdad

Vini Vidi Quiti
(we came, we saw, we quit)
Julius Quitter, or was it Quiteus Caesar?

“You don’t have to see the whole staircase, you just have to take the first step.” –Martin Luther Quit

“That’s one small quit for man, one giant quit for mankind!”
Neil Quitstrong

“Those who say it can’t be done are usually interrupted by someone doing it”
Quitbert Hubbard

"Quit ain't a destination, it's a journey"
Thanassi Quitopoulos

"I'd swim the English channel just to stay quit"
Mark Quitz

"Quit 101 now in session! Offering online classes to a quit group near you"
SoccerMan91 on HOF+1

“I’ll be quit”
Arnold Quitzenegger

“I thought it an impossible task, until I did it”
Quitonymous

“What happens to us is largely out of our hands,
How we respond to things will always be within our grasp.”
Quitosaurus Rex

"If I had a dime for each can, dontcha know I'd be a rich man?!"
Quit D. Rockefeller

"how do I quit thee, let me count the days"
Quitsphere

“I labored through a valley of tears for a treasure I wanted to see.
Lo and behold when my journey was through, the treasure I found was me!”
KTC June Â’18
So freaking awesome. So much fun. Lots of smiles putting those on roll.

V 2.0 starts again in a few days.

The mark spitz will forever be my favorite ?
the Wikipedia of quit adds another page. I will validate the authenticity of these references ADD!
There are no circumstances in which using nicotine will improve the outcome.

My journey. The best part it is not over yet.