Community > Introductions

Oldschool introduction

<< < (14/19) > >>

oldschool:

--- Quote from: Aumegrad on October 07, 2019, 09:09:22 PM ---
--- Quote from: oldschool on October 07, 2019, 10:23:25 AM ---365 day nicotine free!
Freedom. 

--- End quote ---

Freedom indeed!  A year of reflection helps to truly appreciate the journey of total nicotine domination.  You’re an inspiration Rich and proud to quit with you brotha!

Aumegrad 442 and dominating nicotine ODAAT!

--- End quote ---
Thanks again for all your help and support Johnathon!  I only wish I could write as eloquently as you.... my quit blog would probably be readable ;D

Aumegrad:

--- Quote from: oldschool on October 07, 2019, 10:23:25 AM ---365 day nicotine free!
Freedom. 

--- End quote ---

Freedom indeed!  A year of reflection helps to truly appreciate the journey of total nicotine domination.  You’re an inspiration Rich and proud to quit with you brotha!

Aumegrad 442 and dominating nicotine ODAAT!

MN_Engineer:

It was a year ago I sat at my desk on a Monday morning trying to figure out how I was going to get through the day without nicotine.  I didn’t have my 5:30 am dip with my coffee so yes, no poop for me that morning.  I didn’t have the dip that I would put in at the last stop light right before my work.  And, I didn’t have the dip that I would put in right after the production meeting.  How would I stay quit this time?

Work was horrible.  Nothing was going right and this had to be the make it or break it year.  My personal life was hit or miss.  I turned Fifty over the summer and I was having a mid-life crisis.  How would I survive all of this without nicotine?  So much to do.  So much to get through.  How would I be able to cope?

Quite frankly, I didn’t know how or why I survived day one.  All I knew was that I was tired of nicotine controlling my life.  At that point I was so foggy and full of anxiety, that I didn’t know what I was doing or thinking.  I just made a promise to myself that I was done… no more.

That first week was brutal.  Day 5 of my quit felt almost as bad as day 1.  How would I be able to keep this up?  I started doubting if I could really quit using nicotine.  Why would the agony, fog, and anxiety not go away??  What do I have to do to make it all go away so I could feel normal?

Well, I joined KTC on day 5.  I made a promise to myself.  I made a promise to strangers that I would not use nicotine today.  Today, 365 days later, I made a promise to myself, friends, and quitters I have not met yet that I will not use nicotine today.

Freedom.  Proud to quit with everyone today.

--- End quote ---
Congrats on your first trip around the sun @oldschool !! It's amazing how focusing one day at a time adds up. Keep up the solid quit and proud to be quit with you today!

oldschool:
365 day nicotine free!

It was a year ago I sat at my desk on a Monday morning trying to figure out how I was going to get through the day without nicotine.  I didn’t have my 5:30 am dip with my coffee so yes, no poop for me that morning.  I didn’t have the dip that I would put in at the last stop light right before my work.  And, I didn’t have the dip that I would put in right after the production meeting.  How would I stay quit this time?

Work was horrible.  Nothing was going right and this had to be the make it or break it year.  My personal life was hit or miss.  I turned Fifty over the summer and I was having a mid-life crisis.  How would I survive all of this without nicotine?  So much to do.  So much to get through.  How would I be able to cope?

Quite frankly, I didn’t know how or why I survived day one.  All I knew was that I was tired of nicotine controlling my life.  At that point I was so foggy and full of anxiety, that I didn’t know what I was doing or thinking.  I just made a promise to myself that I was done… no more.

That first week was brutal.  Day 5 of my quit felt almost as bad as day 1.  How would I be able to keep this up?  I started doubting if I could really quit using nicotine.  Why would the agony, fog, and anxiety not go away??  What do I have to do to make it all go away so I could feel normal?

Well, I joined KTC on day 5.  I made a promise to myself.  I made a promise to strangers that I would not use nicotine today.  Today, 365 days later, I made a promise to myself, friends, and quitters I have not met yet that I will not use nicotine today.

Freedom.  Proud to quit with everyone today.

oldschool:
344 days nicotine free!

I am jealous.  I am real fucking jealous.  How does a person who has been hooked on poison otherwise known as nicotine become so nonchalant and they feel so good and are so confident that they will never use again.  Just last week I had dreams multiple days in a row that I was smoking cigarettes.  During the daytime I had urges to draw in that carcinogen laced death.  Mind you, I haven't smoked in 20 years, but this week I thought of it almost regularly.  My back story (some of you know this already so I apologize if I am boring) was I started smoking around the age of 15.  Pack of Reds a day for I don't remember how long.  Then one night I threw a pack away and quit cold turkey.  Quit so hard that it lasted 5 years until one day on a golf course I asked a "friend" for a dip.  15 years later I am posting on this site.

So you see; I am not really jealous of all the people who say they don't have withdrawal symptoms after their first 30 days.  I have been foggy and had panic attacks quite regularly lately.  It is always there.  Nicotine is always there.  And, you know what?  It will always be there.  Just waiting.  I am cool with having anxiety.  I am cool with getting craves so hard I can taste it.  Go ahead, remind me why I quit.  Remind me everyday if you must.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version