Author Topic: Day Three.  (Read 2805 times)

Offline GS9502

• Quitting MoFo
  • "A Little Bit Off"
  • Quit Date: 02/28/2020
  • Interests: Georgia Southern football and baseball, outdoor stuff, movies, music
  • Likes Given: 270
Re: Day Three.
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2020, 02:16:33 PM »
Hi Everybody,

I am excited to finally have taken the step to join this community. I want to share my story, in the hopes that those of you with the same story may be able to help me down this path.

I am currently 28 years old, and have been using chewing tobacco since I was 18. I am an addict. I was married in December of 2019 to the most loving and supporting wife that I could ever ask for. She hates my tobacco use, and over the course of the 8 years that we have been together, has asked me many times to quit. And every time, the same response from me, I will. And every time, the same outcome. I would quit for a few days, tell her that I was doing well, and then do whatever I needed to to try and conceal my tobacco use. As an addict, I have found myself so many times over the years doing things that are sneaky and dishonest. For the past 5 months, I have been able to get rid of the Grizzly Wintergreen Pouches, and I have moved to Zyn pouches thinking that was the better alternative. But in reality I have still been a slave to this nicotine addiction. And over the past 5 months, I still have been dishonest with my wife, to the point where she has told me that she is unhappy, and we are 7 months into our marriage. A time that should be the happiest in our life.

Well, I have had enough, and I can't do it anymore. I am done being a slave to this addiction, and I am done poisoning my body. I am done putting the person that I love most in this world, and the person that loves me most in pain because of the need to put some nicotine pouches in my lip. It's time to take charge. Am I nervous? Yeah. I am extremely nervous. I know the emotional and physical effects that can come from nicotine withdrawals. But I know that I can do this. It's come to the point where it's time to put myself and my wife ahead of this addiction.

So I am happy to be a part of this community now that I have debated joining so many times. I didn't want the pressure on myself to have to be honest if I did fall off the wagon, but not anymore. I am excited to continue to share my story, and to fight this addiction with the rest of you.

I am going to knock out day 3, and then fight again on day 4.

-Travis

Travis,

You wrote this from the heart. You may consider showing her this post, it proves how much she means to you; how much you love her. It also shows how much of an addict you are. It may help her understand. However, this is your problem, not hers! Do not take anything out on her, make that promise to her. The next few hours, days, months will be a struggle for you. It will get better each day. We can promise you that.

Good Luck and stay involved with your Quit Group. Follow the instructions of the old timers here. The system and accountability works!
@TTRAVIS090 welcome to KTC. Glad to see you on roll. Make sure you wake up, piss, and post your promise first thing tomorrow. Here is a link from the main site you and your wife could read through together - https://www.killthecan.org/community/spousal-support/  . As stated, you can't quit for her. You need to quit for you because you want a life of freedom more than you want a life waiting to get cancer. Only worry about quitting one day at a time. We will deal with tomorrow when it gets here. Drink a ton of water, exercise some, get some extra rest and then remember you can't dip for years and stop and everything is perfect. It will suck for a while and then you will notice it starting to get better. The light at the end of the tunnel will grow and get brighter, but it takes time. Make relationships with fellow quitters. Exchange digits only through personal messages but never here in the Intro section or on the forum. Reach out if I can help. You can do this and we are here to help. Check you messages.

Travis
Welcome aboard my friend.  Can't say it any better than the boys above.  ODAAT, ODAAT, ODAAT...sometimes one minute at a time...do whatever you need to do to get to the next moment.  Stack days and symptoms will continue to lessen.  Make sure you get some digits for the times you can not do it on your own...if you've tried to quit in the past and were not successful, you know those times are coming.  You can do this my friend.  HOLD THE LINE
~HAG
Listen to these guys ^^^

Happy to see you post in October 2020 today.  Welcome to KTC - you are no longer quitting alone.  Accountability + Brotherhood = Success << it works.  Look forward to seeing you on roll tomorrow. 

Try to keep up this thread.  Use it to track your journey.   

PM me with/for digits.
@TTRAVIS090 where did you go man?
Hey Travis, haven't heard from you since our PM exchange on 7/16. I sent you my digits, bro. Use them. If you caved, don't let that deter you from getting back on the Quit horse, brother. It happens sometimes. Don't let shame make you think you can't do this. The real shame would be giving up on your quit efforts.
Renegade of Quit
"For my purpose holds to sail beyond the sunset, and the baths of all the western stars, until I die." - Ulysses, Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 2105
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2020, 09:45:50 AM »
Hi Everybody,

I am excited to finally have taken the step to join this community. I want to share my story, in the hopes that those of you with the same story may be able to help me down this path.

I am currently 28 years old, and have been using chewing tobacco since I was 18. I am an addict. I was married in December of 2019 to the most loving and supporting wife that I could ever ask for. She hates my tobacco use, and over the course of the 8 years that we have been together, has asked me many times to quit. And every time, the same response from me, I will. And every time, the same outcome. I would quit for a few days, tell her that I was doing well, and then do whatever I needed to to try and conceal my tobacco use. As an addict, I have found myself so many times over the years doing things that are sneaky and dishonest. For the past 5 months, I have been able to get rid of the Grizzly Wintergreen Pouches, and I have moved to Zyn pouches thinking that was the better alternative. But in reality I have still been a slave to this nicotine addiction. And over the past 5 months, I still have been dishonest with my wife, to the point where she has told me that she is unhappy, and we are 7 months into our marriage. A time that should be the happiest in our life.

Well, I have had enough, and I can't do it anymore. I am done being a slave to this addiction, and I am done poisoning my body. I am done putting the person that I love most in this world, and the person that loves me most in pain because of the need to put some nicotine pouches in my lip. It's time to take charge. Am I nervous? Yeah. I am extremely nervous. I know the emotional and physical effects that can come from nicotine withdrawals. But I know that I can do this. It's come to the point where it's time to put myself and my wife ahead of this addiction.

So I am happy to be a part of this community now that I have debated joining so many times. I didn't want the pressure on myself to have to be honest if I did fall off the wagon, but not anymore. I am excited to continue to share my story, and to fight this addiction with the rest of you.

-Travis

Travis,

You wrote this from the heart. You may consider showing her this post, it proves how much she means to you; how much you love her. It also shows how much of an addict you are. It may help her understand. However, this is your problem, not hers! Do not take anything out on her, make that promise to her. The next few hours, days, months will be a struggle for you. It will get better each day. We can promise you that.

Good Luck and stay involved with your Quit Group. Follow the instructions of the old timers here. The system and accountability works!
@TTRAVIS090 welcome to KTC. Glad to see you on roll. Make sure you wake up, piss, and post your promise first thing tomorrow. Here is a link from the main site you and your wife could read through together - https://www.killthecan.org/community/spousal-support/  . As stated, you can't quit for her. You need to quit for you because you want a life of freedom more than you want a life waiting to get cancer. Only worry about quitting one day at a time. We will deal with tomorrow when it gets here. Drink a ton of water, exercise some, get some extra rest and then remember you can't dip for years and stop and everything is perfect. It will suck for a while and then you will notice it starting to get better. The light at the end of the tunnel will grow and get brighter, but it takes time. Make relationships with fellow quitters. Exchange digits only through personal messages but never here in the Intro section or on the forum. Reach out if I can help. You can do this and we are here to help. Check you messages.

Travis
Welcome aboard my friend.  Can't say it any better than the boys above.  ODAAT, ODAAT, ODAAT...sometimes one minute at a time...do whatever you need to do to get to the next moment.  Stack days and symptoms will continue to lessen.  Make sure you get some digits for the times you can not do it on your own...if you've tried to quit in the past and were not successful, you know those times are coming.  You can do this my friend.  HOLD THE LINE
~HAG
Listen to these guys ^^^

Happy to see you post in October 2020 today.  Welcome to KTC - you are no longer quitting alone.  Accountability + Brotherhood = Success << it works.  Look forward to seeing you on roll tomorrow. 

PM me with/for digits.
@TTRAVIS090 where did you go man?
Jan19

Offline FLLipOut

• Master of Quit
  • Lady Arsonist
  • Quit Date: 07/22/16
  • Likes Given: 2556
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2020, 09:39:55 PM »
Hi Everybody,

-Travis

Travis,

Travis
~HAG
Listen to these guys ^^^

PM me with/for digits. 
Just one and you will be back to where you started, and where you started was desperately wishing you were where you are now.
"The best way out is always through." - Robert Frost
"I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you!" - Samwise Gamgee
HOF: 10.29.16 | FL 2: 02.06.17 | FL 3: 05.17.17 | Y1: 07.22.17 | FL 4: 08.25.17 | FL 5: 12.03.17 | FL 6: 03.13.18 | FL 7: 06.21.18 | Y2: 07.22.18 | FL 8: 09.29.18 | FL 9: 01.07.19 | COMMA , : 04.17.19 | Y3: 07.22.19 | FL 11: 07.26.19 | FL 12: 11.03.19 | FL 13: 02.11.20 | FL 14: 05.21.20 | Y4: 07.22.20 | FL 15: 08.29.20  | FL 16: 12.07.20 | FL 17: 03.17.21 | FL 18: 06.25.21 | Y5: 07.22.21 | FL 19: 06.25.21 | FL 20 ,, : 01.11.22 | FL 21: 04.21.22 | Y6: 07.22.22 | FL 22: 07.30.22 | FL 23: 11.07.22 | FL 24: 02.15.23 | FL 25: 05.26.23 | Y7: 07.22.23 | FL 26: 09.03.23 | FL 27: 12.12.23 | FL 28: 03.21.24

Offline EXBEARHAG

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 16 July, 2019
  • Likes Given: 825
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2020, 09:34:33 PM »
Hi Everybody,

-Travis

Travis,

Travis
~HAG

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 2105
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2020, 03:22:38 PM »
Hi Everybody,

-Travis

Travis,

Jan19

Offline SteveJCootie

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: January 7, 2020
  • Interests: Scouts, Camping, Hunting, Fishing, Glocks, AR's, AK's, Sex, Drugs and Rock & Roll. Packer's Football
  • Likes Given: 238
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2020, 02:35:49 PM »
Hi Everybody,

-Travis

Travis,

Stopped: 12/31/2005
1st HOF: April 2006
Caved 9/2011
QUIT - 01/07/2020
2nd HOF: April 15, 2020
Detroit, Mi.
Former A.C.O.R.D.
Current: COBRA KAI - April 2020
Mizpah
Nicotine; She's a sweet tasting, rotten smelling juicy Cunt that won't let go.

Offline Mmardis

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 3/1/20
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2020, 12:01:22 PM »
Welcome Travis. I see you have found your quit group and have already posted. Make a promise not to use nicotine and post it everyday. Keep your word to yourself and your group. Reach out to your group by exchanging numbers on private messaging (PM). Don’t put your number out on the site though.
Yesterday was practice for quitting today

Offline Thefranks5

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 3/5/2020
  • Interests: Praising the Lord,tractor pulling for sure, anything to do with farming, hunting and soccer.
  • Likes Given: 220
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2020, 11:20:08 AM »
Welcome to the greatest community that you could ever find. We have all been in your boots and we all will help you thru this life changing moment. Glad to see that you did admit your an addict, so welcome to KTC which has plenty but will never be full (because we will always be boarding) of addicts like you and me. I would start reading the info for all newbies then hop over and post in oct daily. https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=16602.0 . Theres the url for it and the day you quit is day 1. Just post your name and day and anything else you want. Don’t worry if you screw it up somebody will fix it. Check back later in the day and you will get how its done. That is your promise to yourself and your quit group for today that you will use no nicotine at ALL. They say on the to site to EMBRACE THE SUCK and my friend I wear that as a badge of honor. As a 30 plus year addict I am proof it can be done and you will find many here just like that. Only worry about today and let God handle tomorrow. There is a section on the main page for spousal support but just tell your wife to read up on the site also. You will go thru things that she will not believe but she needs to be informed so she can support you better. So head over and post your promise, get rid of all nicotine and be prepared to have people reaching out to help. If you want my digits just let me know as support can be just a text or call away on the bad days. But until then stay quit, stay strong and God bless.

Promises kept
8/8/98
3/5/20

Offline TTRAVIS090

• Likes Given: 0
Day Three.
« on: July 15, 2020, 11:00:15 AM »
Hi Everybody,

-Travis