Author Topic: Rookie  (Read 6182 times)

Offline Hunter4life

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10-14-19
  • Interests: Hunting
  • Likes Given: 481
Re: Phil Day 1
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2019, 12:00:07 AM »
Because I fucking sucked and caved. That was the old days. Now this time...I am not going to be a bitch like back in 2013. I hope this helps. 
why do you have posts from 2013 if you are new here?

Well, I hope I didn’t waste my time with that long ass post. (I type like a chicken pecking corn.) Would have been nice to know from the start.

100 days 1-21-2020, 2nd Floor 4-30-20, 3rd Floor 8-8-20

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline MonsterMedic

• Master of Quit
  • Proud member of the June 2014 Quit Saloon
  • Quit Date: 03.02.14
  • Likes Given: 260
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2019, 11:57:22 PM »
Because I fucking sucked and caved. That was the old days. Now this time...I am not going to be a bitch like back in 2013. I hope this helps. 

So which is it?  Are you new here or not? 

Are you Phil or Mike?
"Frank Pierce: Saving someone's life is like falling in love. The best drug in the world." - Bringing Out The Dead

Quit Date: 03-02-2014
HOF: 06-09-2014
3K and counting

Offline eagles1

• Likes Given: 1
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2019, 11:48:59 PM »

Offline SixString

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Likes Given: 260
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2019, 11:46:41 PM »
poof
« Last Edit: October 22, 2019, 11:49:00 PM by SixString »

Offline Hunter4life

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10-14-19
  • Interests: Hunting
  • Likes Given: 481
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2019, 11:40:33 PM »
Okay...Hi, everybody.

I am very new to this and this is a kick ass site I was browsing around. I've heard about this site before and I resisted this and I thought I would try to quit cold turkey by myself...just myself. I couldn't...I just can't. I am not sure about the language parameter here but this fucking sucks when I tried to quit...and go back...quit...go back...I've had it...I am done with this shit. I want to fully committed to this and promise you all that this shit has to stop. One of the reasons I want to quit right now is because I have a wife and she's been telling me to quit several times and I told her I would try but I didn't try hard enough. So this site from my guts seems very convinced to me right now and I am actually in the live chat room and got these guys congratulating me that I quit and ready to get the ball rolling....

Anyway, I'm Phil. I grew up from Philly, PA and I live in Maryland. I work as a recruiter and I travel a lot for work (so get this...every gas station when I was on the road, I always buy a can...fuck.) I am physically active...I go to the gym a lot and done my cardio a lot...I have a lifestyle where I get up around 3-4am and go to the gym and go to work. That's me. Anyway, I wanted to tell you that I am very happy to find this site and go ahead on with it and get the ball rolling, mofos. I don't know if you all want to help or support me by using social media or anything but if you want to follow me on instagram, twitter or facebook..let me know and I'll leave my IG name, feel free to search me on twitter and add me on facebook. I really need A LOT of help and support because I am currently in Minnesota right now and I am this close to go to the gas station...no WAY. So...nice to meet you all and I look forward to this journey of mine.

Thanks,

Phil

Phil, @eagles1

Welcome to KTC. You will be part of the January 2020 group. Why, because that’s the month that you WILL make 100 days free of the nic bitch. Be prepared, these vets and some of us newbies will come off as aggressive. It takes that to overcome your mind. Over here, we take our quit seriously. We also take it ODAAT (One day at a time). You wake up each morning, piss, and post roll and your promise to yourself and your group to remain free of nicotine for the day. (WPP). You do this every damn day (EDD). Share your digits (phone number) only by private message with as many vets or buddies as possible. When you come up missing, they will call you. They will also be there at anytime to talk you out of caving. If you can make it through the “suck” (first week or so), you can make it forever. It gets way easier once you make it through that part.

I’m on day 9, I’ve made it through the suck, and I quit with you today brother. If you need my digits, pm me. I expect yours in return. A mod, should be by soon to tell you more.

PS, don’t TRY to quit, JUST FUCKING QUIT. And do it only for you. This is a life or death decision.

100 days 1-21-2020, 2nd Floor 4-30-20, 3rd Floor 8-8-20

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline eagles1

Phil Day 1
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2019, 11:06:08 PM »
Okay...Hi, everybody.

I am very new to this and this is a kick ass site I was browsing around. I've heard about this site before and I resisted this and I thought I would try to quit cold turkey by myself...just myself. I couldn't...I just can't. I am not sure about the language parameter here but this fucking sucks when I tried to quit...and go back...quit...go back...I've had it...I am done with this shit. I want to fully committed to this and promise you all that this shit has to stop. One of the reasons I want to quit right now is because I have a wife and she's been telling me to quit several times and I told her I would try but I didn't try hard enough. So this site from my guts seems very convinced to me right now and I am actually in the live chat room and got these guys congratulating me that I quit and ready to get the ball rolling....

Anyway, I'm Phil. I grew up from Philly, PA and I live in Maryland. I work as a recruiter and I travel a lot for work (so get this...every gas station when I was on the road, I always buy a can...fuck.) I am physically active...I go to the gym a lot and done my cardio a lot...I have a lifestyle where I get up around 3-4am and go to the gym and go to work. That's me. Anyway, I wanted to tell you that I am very happy to find this site and go ahead on with it and get the ball rolling, mofos. I don't know if you all want to help or support me by using social media or anything but if you want to follow me on instagram, twitter or facebook..let me know and I'll leave my IG name, feel free to search me on twitter and add me on facebook. I really need A LOT of help and support because I am currently in Minnesota right now and I am this close to go to the gas station...no WAY. So...nice to meet you all and I look forward to this journey of mine.

Thanks,

Phil

Offline zam

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit is not a passive activity.
Re: Rookie
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2013, 06:28:00 PM »
Mike,
In spite of all the wonderful feelings and outstanding production increases that nicotine has brought into your life, there is a little voice in the back of your head whispering "that's all a lie...it's bullshit, even though I can't exactly explain why." If you didn't hear that voice, you would not be here. Listen to that voice, Mike. That voice is gonna change your damn life. That's the voice that will take the leash off your neck and let you run free for the first time in years. But Right now that voice is not very confident. That voce is uncertain.

The articles, posts, forums, speeches and words of wisdom on this site will help to encourage that voice. It will explain to that voice all the stuff that it senses, but can't put to words. Feed that voice, Mike.

Welcome aboard, stay close, and stay quit.
*Quit today. Full stop. No qualifiers. Tomorrow?... IDK, IDC.

Offline SirDerek

• Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2013, 04:49:00 PM »
Didn't see your post today?????

Hey man you got a lot to uphold from being in this SE PA area, we got a lot of us bad ass quitters from within about 20 miles here.

We all did it. And so can you. But it starts with getting online, giving your word, honoring that word, and making allies. And doing this each and every day.

Just yell

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: August 20, 2013
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2013, 09:19:00 PM »
Welcome Mike! Yes you'll feel like the nicotene makes you work better,  you'll feel down in the fog lacking it so you'll feel even less effective at work without it. I'm told that's due to your brain getting full oxygen for the first time in years  that it gets much better with healing  time. Don't give up!

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
  • Quit Date: 10-30-2009
  • Interests: Golf, Running, Cycling, Being outside, Spending time with my family. Quitting and helping newbies.
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2013, 09:16:00 PM »
Quote from: Scowick65
Quote from: Bean
I second all the advice you've gotten so far.  But I want to point out a comment from your intro...the nicotine DID NOT "make you work better."  It made you a drug addict...something you are going to learn to control if you follow the advice you have gotten.

You're the bad-ass...not fucking nicotine.  Don't give credit where credit is no due.  You got this, brother!!!
The quit Sherpas have arrived. Great, great advice. Mine? Nicotine does not fill the hole, it creates it.
Great advice from all of these fine quitters! They will lead you to the freedom you seek. Listen to them all, there is great wisdom in their advice!

Welcome to the site!

Greg

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2013, 09:10:00 PM »
Quote from: Bean
I second all the advice you've gotten so far. But I want to point out a comment from your intro...the nicotine DID NOT "make you work better." It made you a drug addict...something you are going to learn to control if you follow the advice you have gotten.

You're the bad-ass...not fucking nicotine. Don't give credit where credit is no due. You got this, brother!!!
The quit Sherpas have arrived. Great, great advice. Mine? Nicotine does not fill the hole, it creates it.

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2013, 11:31:00 AM »
I second all the advice you've gotten so far. But I want to point out a comment from your intro...the nicotine DID NOT "make you work better." It made you a drug addict...something you are going to learn to control if you follow the advice you have gotten.

You're the bad-ass...not fucking nicotine. Don't give credit where credit is no due. You got this, brother!!!

Offline ParadigmDawg

• Quitter
  • Interests: Mountain BikingRoad BikingHome Audio
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2013, 10:15:00 AM »
If you read through the other intro's you may see some of my same words on them but they always hold true so I will just repeat them...

You are in for one nasty fight but you have the tools here to make it.

Read everything on here, post roll call each morning and don't dip. Wow....that sounds so easy, doesn't it?

Go load yourself up with gum, mints, fake chew, seeds and beef jerky. Also get some member phone numbers right now, they will help you through the rough parts.

Next, exercise to exhaustion every single day and drink so much water that you feel like you may bust. Both of these will help.

Make sure your wife reads about what you are going through. 99% chance that you are going to be a short fussed dick for the next 3-4 weeks. Try not to take it out on her and the kids. Get on here and take it out on us, we will be fine.

I quit with you.
Oh little worm-dirt...you are so scary...F' OFF...!!!

Offline Phil16

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2013, 08:01:00 AM »
Quote from: Radman
Not gonna wish you luck. We don't rely on luck here. Nor do we "try", or "hope we can do it". No sir.

The way I see it, each of us can decide every morning to be one of two things:

1. Quit
2. Not quit

This morning, I chose #1 for the 1080th consecutive time.

We'd all be better off if you make the same choice. The brotherhood will be stronger.
'clap'

Eagles , the ballis in your court. What will you choose? Listen to rad. We do this one day at a time. You cant make a decision to be nicotine free for the rest of your life. You have to choose to be nicotine free everyday.
"That's really tough man, but it doesn't sound like a very compelling reason to stick cancer in your face." j2b

Copenhagen, you have chosen the wrong home. Your death will be slow and painful.

Quit: 12/26/2012
HOF: 4/4/2013

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Family and friends. Other than that, anything outdoors....motorcycling, shooting, hunting, fishing, racing.
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2013, 07:21:00 AM »
Not gonna wish you luck. We don't rely on luck here. Nor do we "try", or "hope we can do it". No sir.

The way I see it, each of us can decide every morning to be one of two things:

1. Quit
2. Not quit

This morning, I chose #1 for the 1080th consecutive time.

We'd all be better off if you make the same choice. The brotherhood will be stronger.