Author Topic: nomosko Day 3  (Read 8831 times)

Offline jaygib

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: nomosko Day 3
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2011, 07:14:00 PM »
Quote from: nomosko
I am on day 4 here. Here is a random thought. Watched the new Clash of the Titans last night. As if not having nicotine wasn't enough punishment. Anyway when the Kraken was released it made me start thinking. The Kraken is like my nicotine addiction. It is huge monster right behind me screaming to be fed. The mere size of it makes it seem impossible to defeat. The noise it is making in head right now is almost unbearable. I know how to make it shut up. However, I refuse to cave. Caving will not make it go away. It will just shut the damn thing up momentarily. I see other people on this site that are fighting the Kraken. I think it will get a little bit smaller every day but will always be right behind me. You men in the HOF are awsome. Men at 200,300,400 etc. are stronger than I can imagine at this point. KTC thanks for having a site where I can ramble.
Yep you gotta respect the HOFers but as somebody (just starting my 4th week) that can still remember day 4 you are accomplishing more than they are today or I was in many ways. You are fighting the battle very much on faith and it probably still looks like a losing fight. Couple weeks from now you'll be more comfortable and that brings it's own danger. If you ain't dipping today you have won the most important battle you could fight.
Quit January 19, 2011

Everything is permissible for me but not everything is beneficial. Everything is permissible for me but I will not be mastered by anything. 1 Cor 6:12

Offline tarpon17

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2011, 03:15:00 PM »
haha, but you can say no to both the kraken and LOOTs mangy meat.

Come on in and start learning. There's plenty of stuff to read and many supporters here to help you stay quit.

Join in, all the cool kids are.

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2011, 03:07:00 PM »
Quote from: nomosko
I am on day 4 here. Here is a random thought. Watched the new Clash of the Titans last night. As if not having nicotine wasn't enough punishment. Anyway when the Kraken was released it made me start thinking. The Kraken is like my nicotine addiction. It is huge monster right behind me screaming to be fed. The mere size of it makes it seem impossible to defeat. The noise it is making in head right now is almost unbearable. I know how to make it shut up. However, I refuse to cave. Caving will not make it go away. It will just shut the damn thing up momentarily. I see other people on this site that are fighting the Kraken. I think it will get a little bit smaller every day but will always be right behind me. You men in the HOF are awsome. Men at 200,300,400 etc. are stronger than I can imagine at this point. KTC thanks for having a site where I can ramble.
LOOT'S meat is kinda like the kraken as well.

Offline nomosko

• Quitter
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2011, 03:02:00 PM »
Never give up!!!
Quit, Quit, Quit
Quit Date 2/6/11
HOF 5/16/11
2nd floor 8/24/11
3rd floor 12/2/11
1 Year 2/5/12
4th floor 3/11/12
5th floor 6/19/12
6th floor 9/27/12
7th floor 1/5/13
2 Years 2/5/13
8th floor 4/15/13
9th floor 7/25/13
COMMA 11/1/13
3 Years 2/5/14
11th floor 2/9/14

Offline Longy22

• Interests: Dip free since January 30, 2011
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2011, 10:50:00 PM »
Welcome Chuck....Keep coming back to the site, it will keep you honest with yourself, post roll and keep that shit out of your lip.
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody. - Bill Cosby

Quit: 1.30.11

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2011, 09:32:00 PM »
You have been there done that. So have I for that matter. This is my second quit, but the first time on this site and the first time taking the quit seriously. Lets post every single day and hold each other accountable.

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2011, 06:00:00 PM »
Welcome. It's gonna suck...but you know that. If you want to quit (and stay quit) you will. It is all up to you.

But we're here to help every step of the way. Post roll, keep your word, and live free.

3 days is huge, btw...keep it going!

Offline kbdavear

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-04-03
  • Interests: I enjoy hunting, fishing, football, softball, my kids, friends and family.
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2011, 03:13:00 PM »
Welcome to the site. Day 3 is a bitch but it gets better. If you quit for that long you know it will get better. It is going to be a long road but we can get through it Together. Why don't you go over to May and Post roll...Make that promise to not dip today.

David
Stay Hard
Semper-Fi

Does not play well with others!!

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 02:58:00 PM »
Welcome. Check your (Inbox 1) upper right corner of your screen. Just in case you were wondering, this be a no nic site.

Offline nomosko

• Quitter
nomosko Day 3
« on: February 08, 2011, 02:51:00 PM »
Simple as this been chewing a can a day for 30 years. If I am awake I have a chew in my mouth. Have tried to quit several times before. Used nicotine replacement and never really kicked the addiction. Shamefully at one point I quit chew for about 3 years. That was 8 years ago and this is the first time I have gone without nicotine. Into my 3rd day now. Every bit as much fun as I hoped it would be. I promise to myself "I will not have nicotine".
Never give up!!!
Quit, Quit, Quit
Quit Date 2/6/11
HOF 5/16/11
2nd floor 8/24/11
3rd floor 12/2/11
1 Year 2/5/12
4th floor 3/11/12
5th floor 6/19/12
6th floor 9/27/12
7th floor 1/5/13
2 Years 2/5/13