Author Topic: nomosko Day 3  (Read 8832 times)

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: nomosko Day 3
« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2013, 08:17:00 AM »
Quote from: Evil_Won
Quote from: jaygib
Quote from: nomosko
I am on day 4 here.  Here is a random thought.  Watched the new Clash of the Titans last night.  As if not having nicotine wasn't enough punishment.  Anyway when the Kraken was released it made me start thinking.  The Kraken is like my nicotine addiction.  It is huge monster right behind me screaming to be fed.  The mere size of it makes it seem impossible to defeat.  The noise it is making in head right now is almost unbearable.  I know how to make it shut up.  However, I refuse to cave.  Caving will not make it go away.  It will just shut the damn thing up momentarily.  I see other people on this site that are fighting the Kraken.  I think it will get a little bit smaller every day but will always be right behind me.  You men in the HOF are awsome.  Men at 200,300,400 etc. are stronger than I can imagine at this point.  KTC thanks for having a site where I can ramble.
Yep you gotta respect the HOFers but as somebody (just starting my 4th week) that can still remember day 4 you are accomplishing more than they are today or I was in many ways. You are fighting the battle very much on faith and it probably still looks like a losing fight. Couple weeks from now you'll be more comfortable and that brings it's own danger. If you ain't dipping today you have won the most important battle you could fight.
Good stuff right here for noobs to read.
Good stuff.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2013, 08:10:00 AM »
Quote from: Evil_Won,Dec
Quote from: jaygib,Feb
Quote from: nomosko,Feb
I am on day 4 here.  Here is a random thought.  Watched the new Clash of the Titans last night.  As if not having nicotine wasn't enough punishment.  Anyway when the Kraken was released it made me start thinking.  The Kraken is like my nicotine addiction.  It is huge monster right behind me screaming to be fed.  The mere size of it makes it seem impossible to defeat.  The noise it is making in head right now is almost unbearable.  I know how to make it shut up.  However, I refuse to cave.  Caving will not make it go away.  It will just shut the damn thing up momentarily.  I see other people on this site that are fighting the Kraken.  I think it will get a little bit smaller every day but will always be right behind me.  You men in the HOF are awsome.  Men at 200,300,400 etc. are stronger than I can imagine at this point.  KTC thanks for having a site where I can ramble.
Yep you gotta respect the HOFers but as somebody (just starting my 4th week) that can still remember day 4 you are accomplishing more than they are today or I was in many ways. You are fighting the battle very much on faith and it probably still looks like a losing fight. Couple weeks from now you'll be more comfortable and that brings it's own danger. If you ain't dipping today you have won the most important battle you could fight.
Good stuff right here for noobs to read. [/QUOTE
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline Evil_Won

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: none
« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2013, 02:15:00 AM »
Quote from: jaygib
Good stuff right here for noobs to read.
"Dunno about you HP, but LOOT doesn't like getting assfucked, by anyone....and certainly won't chalk it up to 'shit happens'."

Offline sensei

• Quitter
  • Interests: My hot wifeMy daughterMy sonKettlebellsKnivesMountain bikingFishingSurfingMotocrossThe Great Outdoors
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2011, 11:28:00 AM »
I'm not sure what to make of smokey's latest portrait What ever keeps you quit.

Offline G

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2011, 11:20:00 AM »
Quote from: Miles
Totally agree.  Is there any way a moderator can get rid of the topic title.  It bothers me to see Fuck KTC.

nomosko
Bump - or rename it 'crybaby rant' or some such shit
I agree with smokey on this one. But I'll never agree that vaginal sex is weird.

Offline miles

• Quit Pro
  • Howdy, I'm Miles and I'm Quit
  • Quit Date: 3/7/2011
  • Interests: My kids, Quitting, Hunting, fishing, motorcycles, MTB, football, racing, baseball, guitar, family, running, Clint Eastwood, Cold Beer, Floating down the river, camping. Atlanta Braves, Atlanta Falcons, Houston Oilers (RIP - Love Ya Blue!)"]["{{}}{{}}][_
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2011, 11:04:00 AM »
Totally agree. Is there any way a moderator can get rid of the topic title. It bothers me to see Fuck KTC.

nomosko
Bump - or rename it 'crybaby rant' or some such shit
I quit with with you all!

Offline nomosko

• Quitter
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2011, 08:58:00 AM »
Totally agree. Is there any way a moderator can get rid of the topic title. It bothers me to see Fuck KTC.

nomosko
Never give up!!!
Quit, Quit, Quit
Quit Date 2/6/11
HOF 5/16/11
2nd floor 8/24/11
3rd floor 12/2/11
1 Year 2/5/12
4th floor 3/11/12
5th floor 6/19/12
6th floor 9/27/12
7th floor 1/5/13
2 Years 2/5/13
8th floor 4/15/13
9th floor 7/25/13
COMMA 11/1/13
3 Years 2/5/14
11th floor 2/9/14

Offline TheMissingPeace

• Quitter
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2011, 12:21:00 AM »
You are a Bad Ass. Peace

Offline Kdip

• Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Quitting and helping others quit, riding my motorcycle, baseball, football, old furniture restoration, junk collecting, vintage arcade machines, rafting, tubing, camping, my family and dog
  • Likes Given: 295
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2011, 02:53:00 PM »
'clap' 'clap' 'clap' Nice work nomoko!!! You stared down the cancer wall and watched all the poor addicts getting their shit ahead of you!!!! Feels good don't it!!!!

Offline magnum9

• Quit Pro
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2011, 12:44:00 PM »
Great story nomosko!

Its nice to face some of those old triggers and beat them. Its even better to have that stare down with the bitch and say "fuck you" to her face.

I had many of those occasions because I have been in a store every day for my 59 days. Seeing the tobacco from day 1 has been a good thing for me each day because I feel great facing it and giving the big fuck you on a daily basis.

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2011, 11:55:00 AM »
Good job nomosko. Kinda like a booty call from the old girlfriend.

Girlfriend: "Hey nomosko, you look cute. I miss ya. Just one hookup. Get it. You know you miss me."

nomosko: "Ahhh, yea, no thanks. I think I have moved on. Later." (evil bitch, good riddance).

Freedom is the shit.

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
  • Quit Date: 10-30-2009
  • Interests: Golf, Running, Cycling, Being outside, Spending time with my family. Quitting and helping newbies.
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2011, 10:20:00 AM »
Nicely done !! I remember the first time I went back to the store I bought my poison from daily. I had avoided it for over 200 days. I finally decided to stop there to buy some water.

I got a little dizzy while I was in there, but the feeling of going into that place, buying just the water, looking at the death display and walking out made me feel better than I had in years.

Great work quitter. One success in many more to come....

STAY QUIT
Greg

Offline MikeA

• Quit Pro
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2011, 10:10:00 AM »
Great story, thanks for sharing!!

Offline rhester03

• Quitter
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2011, 09:56:00 AM »
This was a strange occurance for me and I just want to throw it out there. Today I have been quit for 69 days. Yesterday I went into a convenience store for the first time since Feb. 6. I didn't trust myself to go into a store before. I wanted a diet coke and decided I could go in there. It was like a dream going in there. I decided not to look behind the counter on my way to the fountain. You all know what was back there. Got my soda and got in line. Three people in front of me and every one of them bought a tobacco product. I decided to go ahead and look at the display. It was almost like they put a spot light on the tobacco. My old friend was there along with every thing else. I think I knew what was going to happen next. The nic bitch started screaming. Just one. Get it. You know you miss me. This was followed by the best experience of my quit so far. All the reading on this site kicked in almost like second nature. "You are an addict. You can't have just one. If you are going to cave, take the quit contract out of your wallet, read it, sign it, hand it to the dealer. You posted your promise to yourself and your may brothers. Do you really want to start over at day 1? Get permission to cave before you do." All the hall of fame speeches I have read, everything I have done to get to this point, all of it kind of flashed before me. I must have been staring at the chew display because the checker asked me if I wanted tobacco. "Nope, just the soda" was my reply. $1.39 was my bill and I had the soda I went in there for. I was really proud walking out of there with only a soda. The only confession I have to make is I purposely walked into the store with only 2 dollars but what I am proudest of is I wouldn't have bought the crap even if I would have had the money. I put myself in harms way and was strong enough to deal with it thanks to this site and the bad ass quitters here.
I remember the first time that happened to me like that. It is definately a proud moment. Congrats.

Offline J2b

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
    • May 11
  • Quit Date: 01/23/2011
  • Likes Given: 239
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2011, 09:43:00 AM »
This was a strange occurance for me and I just want to throw it out there. Today I have been quit for 69 days. Yesterday I went into a convenience store for the first time since Feb. 6. I didn't trust myself to go into a store before. I wanted a diet coke and decided I could go in there. It was like a dream going in there. I decided not to look behind the counter on my way to the fountain. You all know what was back there. Got my soda and got in line. Three people in front of me and every one of them bought a tobacco product. I decided to go ahead and look at the display. It was almost like they put a spot light on the tobacco. My old friend was there along with every thing else. I think I knew what was going to happen next. The nic bitch started screaming. Just one. Get it. You know you miss me. This was followed by the best experience of my quit so far. All the reading on this site kicked in almost like second nature. "You are an addict. You can't have just one. If you are going to cave, take the quit contract out of your wallet, read it, sign it, hand it to the dealer. You posted your promise to yourself and your may brothers. Do you really want to start over at day 1? Get permission to cave before you do." All the hall of fame speeches I have read, everything I have done to get to this point, all of it kind of flashed before me. I must have been staring at the chew display because the checker asked me if I wanted tobacco. "Nope, just the soda" was my reply. $1.39 was my bill and I had the soda I went in there for. I was really proud walking out of there with only a soda. The only confession I have to make is I purposely walked into the store with only 2 dollars but what I am proudest of is I wouldn't have bought the crap even if I would have had the money. I put myself in harms way and was strong enough to deal with it thanks to this site and the bad ass quitters here.
Well done nomo! Way to give the bitch the one fingered salute!

'Finger' nic bitch!
The problem is not the problem.  The problem is your attitude about the problem.  Do you understand?

Draw Fire

If its too much trouble to post roll call, you could always fuck off.

Quit Group: May 11 3 Balled Quitters

• Quit: 01/23/11