Author Topic: Ready to Quit  (Read 2576 times)

Offline Nickald

• Quitter
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Welding, tinkering with old farm equipment
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Ready to Quit
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2013, 07:05:00 PM »
Congrats on taking the first steps in your quit. It will suck to begin with but it gets better every day. Quit for today and worry about tomorrow when it gets here. You have come to the best place in the world to quit.
NICK

Offline IUfan5480

• Quitter
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2013, 06:32:00 PM »
Welcome JLS!!! Just know that if you show up EVERY day and post roll you can beat this thing like so many of us have. It will suck at first (that's an understatement) BUT it will get easier and it will be an amazing feeling not having the nic bitch controlling your life. I have been quit for 346 days now and I can honestly say it was one of the best decisions I've ever made. Feel free to reach out if you need help getting through a tough day. Stay strong!

IUfan5480 (Adam)

Offline Its_Got2Happen

• Quitter
  • Interests: Staying Quit!!
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2013, 06:30:00 PM »
Hell no the can isn't the answer. The can is the problem, not the solution. I think you are catching on man. Congrats on day 3.

Offline Morgan1

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2012-05-29
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2013, 05:54:00 PM »
Welcome aboard JLS. The guys below me are badass quitters so heed their words. Quitting while you are in your 20's is a smart move amigo. Most guys on this site wish they had the foresight that you do. Tobacco isn't a joke. It uses your own money to poison you - all the while fooling you into thinking you enjoy using it. You don't - you're addicted to nicotine. We all are. It's nothing but a lie my friend. All the support in the world is on this site if you take advantage of it. Talk to some guys - especially in March. Getting involved and making some friends here is crucial IMO. This is how you build accountability. It works. Posting roll is the lifeblood of this site - when you post roll, I expect you to honor it. It empowers my quit when you do and in return I will do the same for you. Last but not least - no half assing it here. It's all or nothing. Post roll every day and honor it - that's the method for success. Kick ass man - great decision.
I have control over my quit. There's no luck involved. - Diesel2112

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline jake frawley

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Interests: I'm married to a beautiful lady. I like to lift weights and run. I play poker and win. I spend as much time riding as I can! I go to work every day and work too many hrs. I'm aggressive! And all of this makes me happy. I'm here to quit the one thing I hate about myself, my addiction to chew. It has ruled me and I wont be controlled anymore!
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2013, 05:50:00 PM »
Quote from: JLS21
I'll try to get in there tonight. I am taking a break from the road now and am hating everyone and everything. But I know the can isn't the answer.
Welcome to Ktc bro. Quitting sucks at first ( something you are learning right now ), but it gets better each day. Each time you refuse to give in! Its called freedom. Even during your craves, you know its good. Or else you would have caved by now! We all need our freedom. I'm glad you are here fighting next to us. We all need support. I'm in the middle of a 14 hr drive, and its a big trigger for me as well. But as we face it and conquer it, we are adding power to our quit. Keep your head up and Ktc close to you. You got this! Send me a message if u need anything.

Offline Erussell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2013-04-30
  • Interests: Time with daughter. Anything outdoors.
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2013, 05:47:00 PM »
I'll try to get in there tonight. I am taking a break from the road now and am hating everyone and everything. But I know the can isn't the answer.
Damn right it isn't the answer! Your pretty smart bro! Hey hang in there. This gets better in time, if only I could let you see the world through my 230day quit brain. You will have to do this, we can't do it for you, but we can and will support you fully. Erussell 230.
I would rather lose to a cheater than win as a cheater.

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2013, 05:43:00 PM »
Hating everyone and everything right now is normal man. It sucks what poisoning your brain does when you take the poison away, but one day at a time you'll get to a sweet place. One that you haven't seen in a while. Welcome aboard. This is the best decision if your life.

Offline JLS21

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2013, 05:04:00 PM »

Offline Its_Got2Happen

• Quitter
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2013, 03:10:00 PM »
Day 3 is in the books. Keep up it man you are doing great. Nice win with the long car ride today. That was a tough one for me too.

Have you met anyone in March 14? Take a minute and do so man. I am telling you, it is mission critical. Jump in chat tonight if you can. I will try to do the same.

Ryan

Offline Its_Got2Happen

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2013, 11:11:00 AM »
Great job JL521. Great talking with you today. Now that you have posted roll, today is in the books. You made a promise to yourself and to the guys in your group that you will not use nicotine today.

Do whatever it takes to stay quit. Sunflower seeds, atomic fireballs, lots of water. Get some exercise too. You are entering the "suck" and it is a bitch. Stay strong, it is worth it. Once this toxin is removed from your system your body and mind will begin to heal.

If you need anything, reach out. You have my number, and I encourage you to grab a few more.

Ryan

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2013, 06:21:00 PM »
Quote from: Erussell
Quote from: Its_Got2Happen
I'm a senior college student and a member of the Air National Guard. I've been dipping on and off (mostly on) for the past 6 or 7 years. I'm just ready to quit. When I'm not dipping, I'm always looking forward to putting a dip in and I realize that it has a strong power over me. Recently, all I can think about is that I am going to get mouth cancer because my mouth is always sore. I really abused the hell out of my gums the past few weeks with finals. I am just ready to get on with my life and kick this nasty habit that is owning me right now.

I have decided to quit today. I have not had a dip today but it's all I've thought about all day. Time to nut up or shut up.

-James
That my friend is awesome news. Welcome aboard. Please visit the WELCOME CENTER.

index.php?showforum=13

There is much to learn. This is an addiction. This is tough to beat. But it can be done. Thousands of us are doing each day. Top priority, learn about posting roll.

Check your inbox (1). If you need any help at all reach out.
Awesome decision, I wish I could go back and quit at that age! Get over to the March quit group and post roll, and take Ryan's advice and read the welcome center. You can do this man, all 20,000 of us are!
Today's your day 1 post it before the bitch talks you into just 1 more!
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline Erussell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2013-04-30
  • Interests: Time with daughter. Anything outdoors.
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2013, 05:24:00 PM »
Quote from: Its_Got2Happen
I'm a senior college student and a member of the Air National Guard. I've been dipping on and off (mostly on) for the past 6 or 7 years. I'm just ready to quit. When I'm not dipping, I'm always looking forward to putting a dip in and I realize that it has a strong power over me. Recently, all I can think about is that I am going to get mouth cancer because my mouth is always sore. I really abused the hell out of my gums the past few weeks with finals. I am just ready to get on with my life and kick this nasty habit that is owning me right now.

I have decided to quit today. I have not had a dip today but it's all I've thought about all day. Time to nut up or shut up.

-James
That my friend is awesome news. Welcome aboard. Please visit the WELCOME CENTER.

index.php?showforum=13

There is much to learn. This is an addiction. This is tough to beat. But it can be done. Thousands of us are doing each day. Top priority, learn about posting roll.

Awesome decision, I wish I could go back and quit at that age! Get over to the March quit group and post roll, and take Ryan's advice and read the welcome center. You can do this man, all 20,000 of us are!
I would rather lose to a cheater than win as a cheater.

Offline wmcatty

• Quit Pro
    • heartoftexasweather.org
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2013, 05:23:00 PM »
Welcome aboard JLS. Now that you have had a little time to look around on the site, it is time to get started on your quit. First and foremost, you will post Roll. Roll is your daily promise to yourself and all of your new brothers and sisters that you will not use tobacco in any form that day. You will post your name and the number of days you are quit each day in the March 2014 quit group. Each and every day you will post your promise. No exceptions. That is the price of admission to KTC. Nothing more and nothing less. The reason you are put in March is that will be the month if you join us today that you will celebrate being 100 days free of nicotineÂ…your Hall of Fame date.
Go to the welcome center and that will get you started on learning how to post roll. Post roll today and look up at your inbox (1). That is a personal message from me with my telephone number. Nice job on taking back your life. Follow through with our plan and you will return for that Spring semester a better man and a smarter student! Wayne
"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
-John Wayne

Offline Its_Got2Happen

• Quitter
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2013, 05:10:00 PM »

-James

index.php?showforum=13

Offline JLS21

• Quitter
Ready to Quit
« on: December 13, 2013, 05:06:00 PM »

-James