Author Topic: Roll Call for IPAD  (Read 902 times)

Offline G

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
Re: Roll Call for IPAD
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2012, 08:42:00 PM »
Quote from: redyota
Just a note / question:

I can't scroll within a reply box from my iPad. I do not have that problem with the iPhone. Anyone else have the same issue?
I just got the iPad. My phone used to do that until I updated the software to version 5 or whatever.

I upgraded my iPad when I bought it so don't know if it would have been an issue, but it easily scrolls through the boxes. Guess that doesn't help much as I'm sure a computer geek like you is running the latest soft, hard and mal ware.

Offline jeff32

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2012, 07:40:00 PM »
Quote from: Luby
Just a note / question:

I can't scroll within a reply box from my iPad. I do not have that problem with the iPhone. Anyone else have the same issue?
Gotta use two fingers at the same time to scroll withen the boxes, otherwise it scrolls he whole page.
I have been posting the last few days from the IPAD without issue. I hit copy all. Past all. Put the cursor on the last post name. Hit return and enter my text. Make sure you double tap the box so it shows a cursor. You then can scroll within the box.

Let me know if I can help or write down directions as I do it tomorrow. I am just not sure of all the steps until I do it but it's actually easier than the computer.

Offline luby

• Quitting MoFo
  • Likes Given: 24
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2012, 09:17:00 PM »
Just a note / question:

Gotta use two fingers at the same time to scroll withen the boxes, otherwise it scrolls he whole page.

Offline redyota

• Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2012, 08:39:00 PM »
Just a note / question:

"We shall not fail or falter; we shall not weaken or tire...Give us the tools and we will finish the job." - Sir Winston Churchill

"Not using gets much easier as time goes by, but the consequences of "just one" never lessen." - Me

Offline 30yraddict

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Feb 13, 2011
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 08:11:00 PM »
Try these instructions: index.php?showtopic=5171

Step 1 - find the last roll call
Step 2 - tap "quote" icon in the upper right hand corner
Step 3 - tap anywhere in the bottom box, when the flashing blue cursor pops up tap it
Step 4 - a box should pop up that reads "select/select all/paste" tap on "select all"
Step 5 - the entire lower box should be highlighted with a pop up that reads "cut/copy/paste"
tap on "cut". All the text in the lower box will disappear.
Step 6 - tap in the upper box until the cursor appears
Step 7 - tap the cursor until a box reading "paste" appears, then tap paste
Step 8 - you are now ready to type in your posted roll! To get to where you want to type use
two fingers to scroll within the box.
Step 9 - tap on "add reply" below bottom box
Step 10 - Stay Quit

Offline IRISH

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: January 14, 2012
  • Likes Given: 1
Roll Call for IPAD
« on: January 15, 2012, 07:14:00 PM »
I use an iPad and the directions for how to post in roll call don't apply. Can anyone provide guidance on how to post in Roll Call.
Never quit the motherfucking quit.