Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 1264 times)

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
  • Quit Date: 10-30-2009
  • Interests: Golf, Running, Cycling, Being outside, Spending time with my family. Quitting and helping newbies.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Introduction
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2013, 06:31:00 PM »
Make sure you are quitting for you and you only. Do not quit for your wife, kids, other family members. There will be tough times ahead and when those times hit it will be easy to blame others.

Nobody forced you to dip, remember that. When you quit for you it takes away the excuse of quitting for someone else and going back to the can when they piss you off.

Glad you are here
Read everything you can

Sing out if you need help.

STAY QUIT
Greg

Offline Instigator

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2013, 03:12:00 PM »
Need any digits dude, just pm.
The Rozzers--Catching crims and locking them up...in your community

Offline CaliforniaSlim

• Quitter
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2013, 03:09:00 PM »
I second what Minny said. You are realizing that nicotine never did anything for you. Instead, it lead you around on a leash and told you that you were enjoying it.
You sound like a fellow that is ready to take this on.
Dive in, all in. You can't stick your toe in and test the temperature. You just dive in headfirst and swim in these nic free waters.
Don't be afraid to be a student. Some folks come here and think they don't need to post roll everyday, or that they won't take crap from anyone. Around here, they are known as special butterflies. They have to have everything just so, and think nobody knows what they are going through.
They are wrong and they fail. We all know. We are all addicts, and came here because we were sick of the can and couldn't kill it on our own. Learn the KTC way, participate, trade numbers, quit like Fxxk one day at a time.
Sorry to babble on,
See you in roll call tomorrow.

Offline Minny

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2013, 02:54:00 PM »
Quote from: timothykonitzer
I am currently one day off of nicotine and hope this is the last time ever.
There are two components to nicotine addiction: physical and mental. Breaking your physical addiction is as simple as not using nicotine; there are withdrawal symptoms but it's not the white-knuckle straight jacket nightmare so many make it out to be.

Breaking your mental addiction is as simple as getting your mind in the right place. Understand that nicotine has power over you because you allow it. You give power to your addiction when you say things like "I hope this is the last time". Take the power back.

You have to get your head right to beat this bitch. It's simple, but it's hard. Take it One Day At A Time.

Day X: I will not use tobacco today.
Fight the urges, win the head games, keep your promise. Rely on KTC to help you.
Repeat.

And to all of you that are still "only" in your first five, ten days or so: your comments and help to brand spankin new quitters are just as important as some of the ol' ktc legends. Even more so, in fact, so be proud of your quit. Don't be shy; talk about what is working for you, where you're struggling, and pick somebody up today.
Quit Date 7/12/13
HOF Date 10/19/13

My HOF Speech

Offline jhaenel23

• Quitter
  • Interests: Kicking the Nic Bitch's Ass every day!!Staying in the QUIT, And helping all of my KTC Brothers to do the same!!
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2013, 02:35:00 PM »
Welcome Aboard Tim!!!

First things First! This is a Non-Nicotine site so Cold Turkey is the only accepted method here. Your post in Dec 13 is a pledge to not use nicotine for today.

1. Post Roll First Thing!! (very important)
2. Dont use nicotine today.
3. Repeat tomorrow!!!

Its that simple!!

Click on this link Welcome Center and it will show you how and why we do things here!

Quit with you Quitter!!! 'oh yeah'

J
Stay in the Q.U.I.T*********Fuck the NIC!!" Jhaenel23
"Freedom is like your Soul going Commando!" Scowick
"Losers always whine about their best, Winners go home and fuck the prom queen!!" John Mason
"If its too much trouble to post roll, You can always Fuck Off!!" J2B
HOF Speech
Sounds Of Madness
QUIT 10-22-12
HOF 1-29-13
Post with Da Jackwagins!!

Offline bman50317

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2013, 02:33:00 PM »
Quote from: BamaHutch
Don't hope. Do. 25+ year dipper. Currently on day 5 of quit.
Exactly. Get the mindset you need and own it!
Time heals but I'm forever broken

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Family and friends. Other than that, anything outdoors....motorcycling, shooting, hunting, fishing, racing.
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2013, 02:28:00 PM »
Welcome, Timko. You have some brothers reaching out to help you. Get their numbers and make friends. That's how this place works.

Keep posing roll. Doesn't matter if you do it right or wrong. Just do it.

THen keep your promise.

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2013, 02:19:00 PM »
Way to post roll in December bro! Congrats on your decision! I fixed your Day 1 roll post... check out how it looks under my post in Dec 13. Everyone goes thru roll posting issues, so no big deal. Sounds like you are ready to quit  I can tell you this is the place for you to do it.

Commit to quitting one day at a time. Give your word that you will stay clean today! Get up into the Welcome Center  read up. Welcome aboard bro! Stay quit TODAY!
Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: August 20, 2013
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2013, 01:43:00 PM »
Welcome Tim. If you're trying to learn to cope without Cope you've come to the righ place. Near 2 decades for me it definitely is possible even if you might not think so now you'll get all the support you can find on this site. I'm hardly one to offer great support starting out myself but if you need anything just PM me for cell #. Have a great Tuesday!
Mike

Offline BamaHutch

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-01-20
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2013, 01:38:00 PM »
Don't hope. Do. 25+ year dipper. Currently on day 5 of quit.

Offline timothykonitzer

Introduction
« on: August 27, 2013, 01:04:00 PM »
Well hopfully this is the right spot to post. I have previously tried to quite made it over 6 months then fell right back down to dipping again. I have been dipping for over 8 years now. Anyway I could get nicotine into my system I've tried. Now is a time for help, I can no longer spread this pain over my kids and spouse and need help. I am currently one day off of nicotine and hope this is the last time ever. I want to quit to start a better life. I'm tired of constantly running to the store to buy the dreaded copenhagen and walk around with spit cup. Even at family reunions, movies, any where I went I had a cup. Just simple feed up.
Tim