Author Topic: It is time to do this!  (Read 1071 times)

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: It is time to do this!
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2016, 08:33:00 PM »
Congrats on a wise choice. I wish you the best on the results of your endoscope. I had a friend who was diagnosed with stomach and esophagus cancer in October and died in December. We've all played the stupid game of death. I started in 1971 before you were born. One warning, when everything comes back ok don't fall for the draw to have a few more. I found it interesting that you are private. I said the same thing nearly 4 years ago and I'm still posting comments and driving people crazy. I love this joint. These people literally saved my life.
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline Supplehands

• Quitter
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2016, 04:48:00 PM »
You have made the right choice. Don't ever tell yourself anything different. Putting a dip in won't be the right decision, the only thing it'll ever do is temporarily relieve your withdrawals. Quitting is awesome, but nicotine withdrawal sucks. Use everything you have to defeat it. Find several replacements (mine was sunflower seeds, but there is fake dip, too). Confide in you group. Continue to read on KTC. Most importantly, post roll every day. It can be odd or annoying at first, but it will become a 5 second task eventually.

That roll is your oath that you will live your life standing beside your brothers for the day, nicotine free. Some days that promise may be the only thing that keeps you from caving (no joke, there were time were I said to myself, if I wasn't a Novembro on ktc, I'd be killing myself with dip right now). As humans, we are flawed, we can be corrupted, we can rationalize and we can lie to ourselves. KTC was built on a foundation of overcoming those challenges and developing strong character.

I quit with you today. Don't let me down. I promise I won't let you down.

Offline Gone Cruising

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • King of Quit!
  • Interests: Taking Cruises, custom pc building, taking day trips or weekend getaways with the wife. My dogs Amos & Shasta!
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2016, 03:37:00 PM »
Awesome job. Always remember, you can't live in the past, so forget about it and you can't live in the future, so don't worry about tomorrow. Live for today and enjoy what you have in front of you every chance you can get.

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2016, 03:28:00 PM »
Quote from: floudnermay
OK I Posted roll (I think), No more nic replacememts. I am done. I QUIT TODAY!
Great decision. Now you are committed for today. Do the same thing tomorrow! ODAAT.
Now read as much as you can around here. Knowledge is power when it comes to Killing the Can!

Offline danojeno

• Quit Date March 2, 2015
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 48
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2016, 03:24:00 PM »
I see you posted roll, so I assume you Quit that nicotine Today. We can't change the past, but we sure as hell can shape the future. Post roll every damn day and keep your word. Let's do this.

Offline floudnermay

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-01-13
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2016, 03:23:00 PM »
OK I Posted roll (I think), No more nic replacememts. I am done. I QUIT TODAY!

Offline Copper12

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2017-01-05
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, shooting guns and bows, Sports, Family time, playing with my kids.https://youtu.be/STp1UtMrKR4
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2016, 03:19:00 PM »
Quote from: floudnermay
To start I am a very private person so opening up on a site like this is hard for me, however Chewing Cope for the last 30 years has been easy. I'm 43 happily married with two boys 6 and seven. I have never "seriously" tried to quit before, I have always been one of those it will never happen to me. Well I had an upper GI scope done on Tuesday, don't have the results yet but the way he described what he saw scared me to death. Now I have to wait three weeks to know what really is going on. I started quitting yesterday(1/13/16) but was using nicotine lozenges. Have used the today also, but NO COPENHAGEN! I found this site today, and have been reading, I read Jenny and Tom Kern's story, and then sat in my office and cried, I am trying to get through the caring bridge posts, and cant without losing it.

Tomorrow I quit all nicotine for ever, I owe it to my wife and Kids, and to myself!
Copenhagen was my choice of poison too, for almost 20 years!! Today, I'm 106 days quit, and proof that you can do it! Get rid of the nicotine replacements, and get to posting day 1 in your pre-HOF group! You wont regret this decision brother! I quit with you today!
quit date: January 24th, 2017

Introduction
Motivation Video

Offline Gone Cruising

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • King of Quit!
  • Interests: Taking Cruises, custom pc building, taking day trips or weekend getaways with the wife. My dogs Amos & Shasta!
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2016, 03:19:00 PM »
I agree, cold turkey is it or nothing at all. Toss out anything you have laying around immediately. I, like you, had the scare of my life and chose to quit on Dec 20th. I am 43, married, but no kids and chewed Kodiak and Grizzly for the past 30 years. I am on day 25 of my quit and if I can do it, so can you. If your tough enough to start, your tough enough to quit, for you and your family. And please do cry when ever you need to . There's no shame in that. Crying is an emotion that releases so much from the mind, surrender yourself from nic, surrender that you have been beaten by this nasty shit and know you can fight to win. Hug your wife and kids, cry with them and ask for their support, let them know what you will be going through and ask them for their forgiveness. They know they need you and you know you need them in your life. It's going to be a tough road, but I believe in you that you can do it! as rdad said, post roll with April 16th.

I am here for you, I am quit and I quit with you today!

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2016, 02:58:00 PM »
Spit the lozenges out now and flush them all along with any dip you still have around and quit today. The whole tomorrow thing is your addict brain buying more time with you.
Post roll with April 16 and make today your day 1.

Offline floudnermay

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-01-13
It is time to do this!
« on: January 14, 2016, 02:42:00 PM »
To start I am a very private person so opening up on a site like this is hard for me, however Chewing Cope for the last 30 years has been easy. I'm 43 happily married with two boys 6 and seven. I have never "seriously" tried to quit before, I have always been one of those it will never happen to me. Well I had an upper GI scope done on Tuesday, don't have the results yet but the way he described what he saw scared me to death. Now I have to wait three weeks to know what really is going on. I started quitting yesterday(1/13/16) but was using nicotine lozenges. Have used the today also, but NO COPENHAGEN! I found this site today, and have been reading, I read Jenny and Tom Kern's story, and then sat in my office and cried, I am trying to get through the caring bridge posts, and cant without losing it.

Tomorrow I quit all nicotine for ever, I owe it to my wife and Kids, and to myself!