Author Topic: My story  (Read 824 times)

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: My story
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2012, 11:06:00 PM »
Quote from: Littleguy1234
Hey there my name is Dylan I started dipping when I was 15 I got a tin from some guy I knew because I knew about it and wanted to try it.(worst mistake of my life) I did it with some friends from my baseball team we would do it during games on the bench or at practice, we thought we were cool. Honstly that didn't make us cool just stupid. :P I did it for about 6 months always saying to my friends that I would quit when I finished that last tin. I bought probably 15 tins and actually used about 7 in total. I would do in about 1 or 2 times a day, I used pouches most of the time because long cut make me want to through up some times. I rember my freinds always saying you now your gonna get mouth cancer and I said whatever. All the girls who saw me do it would freak out and say stop that right now.to be honest I didn't really care what they said. In ever would say that I'm addicted to it when ever somebody asked me why do I do that I would always make up some lie that I like to do it. I'm 16 years old now and I notices 2 white spots in the back of my mouth on both inside of my cheeks. When I looked at it in the mirror I started to cry because I thought I had gotten mouth cancer and I started praying to god to make it go away and that I would stop if he gave me another chance. I looked up what else it cold be and it looks like it might just be a mouth ulcer because my teeth hurt when I eat food and it tingles plus It said that when your stressed out and your body is tired that they might appear.(I'm tired because I go to school, have homework, I workout 3 to 4 times a week also) this white spot scared me so much that im ready to quit for good. So today is the first day of quitting for me I fell as though I need a pouch right now. I just want to say that people who do it quit now please.thank u to who ever reads this
PLEASE. Go to a dentist and stop NOW, regardless of what those spots are. 16 yrs old...cut this shit off NOW, trust me getting hooked on that SHIT is nothing but bad news.
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2012, 10:35:00 PM »
Quote from: Littleguy1234
Hey there my name is Dylan I started dipping when I was 15 I got a tin from some guy I knew because I knew about it and wanted to try it.(worst mistake of my life) I did it with some friends from my baseball team we would do it during games on the bench or at practice, we thought we were cool. Honstly that didn't make us cool just stupid. :P I did it for about 6 months always saying to my friends that I would quit when I finished that last tin. I bought probably 15 tins and actually used about 7 in total. I would do in about 1 or 2 times a day, I used pouches most of the time because long cut make me want to through up some times. I rember my freinds always saying you now your gonna get mouth cancer and I said whatever. All the girls who saw me do it would freak out and say stop that right now.to be honest I didn't really care what they said. In ever would say that I'm addicted to it when ever somebody asked me why do I do that I would always make up some lie that I like to do it. I'm 16 years old now and I notices 2 white spots in the back of my mouth on both inside of my cheeks. When I looked at it in the mirror I started to cry because I thought I had gotten mouth cancer and I started praying to god to make it go away and that I would stop if he gave me another chance. I looked up what else it cold be and it looks like it might just be a mouth ulcer because my teeth hurt when I eat food and it tingles plus It said that when your stressed out and your body is tired that they might appear.(I'm tired because I go to school, have homework, I workout 3 to 4 times a week also) this white spot scared me so much that im ready to quit for good. So today is the first day of quitting for me I fell as though I need a pouch right now. I just want to say that people who do it quit now please.thank u to who ever reads this
Shit guy! I started when I was 14 got addicted 1st thing like everyone else and struggled with my addiction for 40 yrs. please quit NOW! I wish you hadn't put your age down you will be unable to take advantage of KTC (must be 18). But until then I beg you to talk to your Dentist, be honest and up front get help. Don't let them talk you into using nicotine to stop nicotine it doesn't work. I want to scare the shit out of you! Look at pictures of oral cancer and pray to God that isn't what those spots are! If they aren't and they heal next time they may be! I watched a friend die of oral cancer, huge fucking hole in the side of his head, his wife picked bone and teeth out and bandaged it with a Kotex to hold his dip in his mouth as he slowly died!!! Are those spots leathery? Rough? Hurt? Raw? Do they bleed? Oh fuck if any of this sounds familiar get to the Dr. Or DDS. Now don't wait even one day!!!!! I'll pray for you that it isn't the big "C"! Another bad side effect to dip is it can lead to very poor relationships with the opposite sex!! Using dip at an early age can definitely lead to erectile disfuction!
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline BrainStrain

• Quitter
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2012, 10:29:00 PM »
Good choice in quitting while your young. I'd recommend you read up all the stuff on this site, and begin to post roll. Since you are familiar with team sports and all, your quit group wil be your team. You can rely on those guys to help you through this... as they are going through the same things.

I'd also recommend you have one of your folks make you a dr. appt to get that checked out if it persists longer than a week. Just a thought since you said your teeth hurt...have you had your wisdom teeth out yet?
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.

- Dwight D. Eisenhower

Never meet a man who is willing to outfight or outwork you.

Offline Littleguy1234

My story
« on: October 04, 2012, 09:53:00 PM »