Author Topic: The end of my first day  (Read 1441 times)

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Swim Bike Run - Shooting - Chasing my boys around.
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: The end of my first day
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2011, 09:58:00 PM »
Mike I appreciate your service. You're willing to put your life on the line but I want to make sure you have a life to live. Get your ass into November and post roll. This program works. If you got nuts and guts, you can do this. But you got stick to the routine so we can get your head straight. Get you on the quit path. So get to it man. I'm with ya.

Offline just me and my can

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2011, 05:31:00 PM »
Hey... didn't see your name on roll call, just checking to make sure you are still quit with us.

Offline AgLawyer

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Travelin, hikin, liftin and quittin
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2011, 01:32:00 AM »
Mike:

My dip of choice was Grizzly Long Cut Wintergreen over the last 3-4 years or so of my 21-year span of dipping. I'm tying up my 13th day quit of this stuff and can tell you that if my weak ass can do it then you will be just fine. I can imagine serving and quitting at the same time will be difficult but taking it one day at a time I am confident in you that you can do it. Good luck and be safe.

Paul

Offline chunkles

• Quitter
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2011, 01:12:00 AM »
Hi Mike,

Grizzly Long Cut Mint was mine also for the last few years of my 28 year addiction. I've been away from that bitch for over 40 days already and let me tell you, best thing I ever did. You can do it, buddy.

Thanks for your service.

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2011, 08:03:00 PM »
Quote from: mikey2004
I've already quit. Today was day one. I'm sorry I don't quite understand the rules of all this quite yet.
No worries.

Welcome.

Check your (Inbox 1) upper right corner of your screen.

Offline tazmed

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2011, 05:43:00 PM »
I've already quit. Today was day one. I'm sorry I don't quite understand the rules of all this quite yet.
If today is your Day 1, go to November and post roll. The first few days suck, but they pass pretty quickly. Stay close to the site if you can, post your thoughts, document what your feeling, and when you're past the initial shit you can look back and think "I'll never have to go through that again."

As someone much smarter than I am once told me when I was going through a tough time, "Pain is weakness leaving your body." Embrace the pain...and welcome aboard. 'army'

Offline mikey2004

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2011, 04:41:00 PM »

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2011, 04:23:00 PM »
I will be in the November group tomorrow. I'll be home for R and R in November. So it's perfect.

P.S. Only Army Airborne. Hopefully Ranger school when I return. But still better than a Marine. lol
I see nothing wrong with throwing that shit out of your mouth and posting roll with a day one right this instance.

Unless you can tell me why tomorrow will be better to quit.

Offline mikey2004

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2011, 04:12:00 PM »
I will be in the November group tomorrow. I'll be home for R and R in November. So it's perfect.

P.S. Only Army Airborne. Hopefully Ranger school when I return. But still better than a Marine. lol

Offline just me and my can

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2011, 03:59:00 PM »
Welcome Mike. Come join us in the November group. It is bound to be fun and exciting.

Congrats on the best choice you have made today and will make every day, the choice to not dip today.

Proud to quit and proud to serve.

Offline ninereasons

• Quitter
  • Interests: Quit
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 03:55:00 PM »
Quote from: TCOPE
My name is Mike

I have been dipping almost 7 years. I got up to a half a can a day sometimes more. Grizzly mint long cut. I am currently stationed overseas, because I belong to the U.S. Army. I figure now is the best time to get my act together and start my quit. After reading through this site, cold turkey seems like the way to go. I want to be able to go home in a couple of months and hang out with my friends drinking beer, and not have to put a nasty dip in. I don't want my GF to roll her eyes at me when I do it. She would be proud of me. Thanks for all of your support. Looking forward to some tough days ahead.  :D
they will be tough........ but so worth it.
make it thru today and you will never have to repeat today again.
That is how we quit here. One day at a time....
TCOPE
U.S. Army Rangers lead the way....

P.S. (we need to show that pansy Marine in the other intro thread that won't post a day 1)
Thank you for your service, Mike. To quit while serving, you get all kinds of respect from me, sir. Welcome.

Offline TCOPE

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
    • The FOQers April 2019
  • Quit Date: 6 January 2009
  • Interests: Bicycles....Ultra Endurance Adventure Racing....Bicycles.....Guns and dopeBicycles.....Shoegaze distortion power pop punk hardcore....Bicycles.....
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 03:45:00 PM »
My name is Mike

I have been dipping almost 7 years. I got up to a half a can a day sometimes more. Grizzly mint long cut. I am currently stationed overseas, because I belong to the U.S. Army. I figure now is the best time to get my act together and start my quit. After reading through this site, cold turkey seems like the way to go. I want to be able to go home in a couple of months and hang out with my friends drinking beer, and not have to put a nasty dip in. I don't want my GF to roll her eyes at me when I do it. She would be proud of me. Thanks for all of your support. Looking forward to some tough days ahead. :D
they will be tough........ but so worth it.
make it thru today and you will never have to repeat today again.
That is how we quit here. One day at a time....
TCOPE
U.S. Army Rangers lead the way....

P.S. (we need to show that pansy Marine in the other intro thread that won't post a day 1)
I don't do drugs…. I am drugs…

Offline mikey2004

The end of my first day
« on: August 09, 2011, 03:41:00 PM »
My name is Mike

I have been dipping almost 7 years. I got up to a half a can a day sometimes more. Grizzly mint long cut. I am currently stationed overseas, because I belong to the U.S. Army. I figure now is the best time to get my act together and start my quit. After reading through this site, cold turkey seems like the way to go. I want to be able to go home in a couple of months and hang out with my friends drinking beer, and not have to put a nasty dip in. I don't want my GF to roll her eyes at me when I do it. She would be proud of me. Thanks for all of your support. Looking forward to some tough days ahead. :D