Author Topic: tarheel done  (Read 1332 times)

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: tarheel done
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2014, 09:27:00 AM »
Quote from: Thumblewort
On the way home from Easter I told my wife and kids (10  8) that I stole from them when I was chewing. It was a very quiet car ride, but I am hitting them with the truth when they ask if I only quit for Lent.
you need to post this in your own thread.
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2014, 08:46:00 AM »
On the way home from Easter I told my wife and kids (10  8) that I stole from them when I was chewing. It was a very quiet car ride, but I am hitting them with the truth when they ask if I only quit for Lent.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2014, 09:54:00 PM »
Bringing this out late!

Congrats on your year m'brutha! Proud to have you in the Junk Free family!
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline Dlee3

• Quitter
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2013, 10:27:00 PM »
Howdy, neighbor. I'm in Johnston County, right around the corner from you. I trust that since you are "tarheel done" that you are a Carolina fan? If you're not, I'll still quit with a State fan. If you're a Duke fan, you're on your own. :)

Noticed your question about sleep. My first good night's sleep was after the dull headaches resided at about day 20. Over the next 60 or so days, I probably slept like a baby about twenty percent of the time. There is no answer to it other than your body's nine systems (muscular, nervous, circulatory, etc.) are completely rewiring themselves to accept the fact that they are getting healthy and aren't sure how to react. You're a newborn baby in that respect. So am I. I'm three and a half months old.

Quit for YOU first. Quitting for your kids is a hell of a perk, though. They'll thank you later on when you tell them what an idiot you were.

Look at your inbox. I'm going to PM you my number. USE IT if you need it. I'm paying it forward. That's what we do here. Quitting is totally worth it, dude. I quit with you every damn day.

Offline kidb

• Quitter
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2013, 05:20:00 PM »
Congrats for taking the first step Tarheel. Not sure if you went to UNC as well or if you just live there now but I am 42 and went to Duke so if you are indeed a Tarheel, we have MANY, MANY things to disagree on. However, basketball aside, I am proud to quit with you today and every day. It's a long hard road to make it to the HOF but few things in life have made me feel so accomplished.

The road ahead won't be easy but just remember your brothers and sisters on this site are here for you WHENEVER you may need them. Whether you are on day 1, day 101 or day 1,001 everyone of us wakes up, posts roll and takes our quit 1 day at time and then repeat it all over again. That is how I stay quit, everyone here stays quit and that is precisely how you will stay quit.

There is no try here, there is only quit!!!!

Proud to quit with you and PM me if you need any help or support. By the way, try the Hooch. It has helped me with the oral fix throughout my quit.

Kidb

Offline tarheel done

• Quitter
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2013, 11:33:00 AM »
Quote from: Wt57
Quote from: jollymon
I hear ya tarheel done!  I'm currently ending my 2nd day (40 hours now, but who's counting?!).  My sleep has actually been off the chain!  Having some crazy, crazy dreams.  But I feel like I'm sleeping better.  Cravinings definitely coming and going, but over all, I'm looking forward to Clean Living!
For both of you newbies. When you can't sleep log on to the site and read everything you can, realizing your not alone and learning from others experience goes a long way in quitting. Don't even think beyond today it becomes overwhelming and let's the evil nicotine bitch get a toe in the door.
Thanks for the comments JollyMon! sounds like we are in lock step together. I did try some of the "Smokey Mountain" herbal fake dip yesterday and that stuff is awful! but it did satisfy an oral fixation craving. I am not sure if I will do it again.

quit with you today.

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2013, 11:01:00 AM »
Tarheel,
Hang in there brother. Most all of us have the same story that was then this is now get here to this site everyday post your roll. I dig the philosophy of this site swift kick in the ass when you need it, help when you need it and no holds barred honesty. That was the key for me in my other stoppages one nite out drinking just ONE dip and then be a ninja dipper and feel awful cause I caved to the crave. Let the other stops go you are quit today.

Sleep for me has not been a problem the nic bith must have been keeping me up way too late before. I am dead ass tired by 930 snoozin by 1000. Maybe talk to your family practice dr and ask for some sleep aids. I didnt have the fog near as bad if I was hydrated. Cranberry juice for some reason really made me feel good. Oh ya if you are doing shit ton of seeds stay up on your water there is so much salt on them.

You are not alone we are all here if you need help PM me I can give you my number bounce a few texts back and forth.
T
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Family and friends. Other than that, anything outdoors....motorcycling, shooting, hunting, fishing, racing.
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2013, 10:03:00 AM »
Read the words right over there.

Just below my avatar.

Thank you for reminding me today why I put those words there. There is no such thing as "just one" for us addicts.

Physical activity and drinking lots of water seemed to be the only real relief for problematic sleep. Excercise helps with many aspects of what we're doing here.

Congrats on 5 days. Carry on.

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2013, 08:57:00 AM »
Quote from: tarheel
I am in day 4 right now and still trying to figure out this website.  I posted roll call correctly for the first time today (i think) because yesterday I posted as a "bad ass" quitter and that I am not..... yet.

I am 43 yrs old live in Raleigh NC and have been dipping since college.  I have a good corporate job and great wife and 3 healthy young kids.  I look them in the eyes and ask how can i be doing this to them.    I did have one unsuccessful quit for about 6years but did the unthinkable; tried 1 dip thinking I was bigger than it.  look at me now.

I am so thrilled with this site and with all my new friends.  Band of brothers fighting the fight one day at a time.

By the way, i have had 3 of the worst nights of sleep since i quit on sunday.  Normal?  any advice?

I look forward to getting to know everyone..

tarheel done
Hopefully you've been reading and you know your enemy tarheel. You've figured out that you are an addict and one smoke, toke, lick or shot of nicotine and it makes staying quit almost impossible ( referring to your 6 years comment).

One thing I have to disagree with you on with your post. You stated your weren't a badass quitter,,, YOU ARE A BAD ASS QUITTER!! Your 5 days quit on the most addictive drug known to man. Congratulations.

Tarheel you should be nicotine free right now. Go outside and take a look around. I bet everything looks different to you now. What i've experienced is without nicotine in your system everything looks more alive. Nicotine clouds our minds so we can't experience life the way it is intended. PM me if you need a some digits. Glad to be quit with you.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2013, 09:37:00 PM »
Quote from: jollymon
I hear ya tarheel done! I'm currently ending my 2nd day (40 hours now, but who's counting?!). My sleep has actually been off the chain! Having some crazy, crazy dreams. But I feel like I'm sleeping better. Cravinings definitely coming and going, but over all, I'm looking forward to Clean Living!
For both of you newbies. When you can't sleep log on to the site and read everything you can, realizing your not alone and learning from others experience goes a long way in quitting. Don't even think beyond today it becomes overwhelming and let's the evil nicotine bitch get a toe in the door.
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline GR8WHITEBUFFALO

• Quitter
  • Interests: Running, hunting, fishing, golfing, wasting away in margaritaville.
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2013, 10:51:00 AM »
Read this article on what to expect when quitting. It will answer a lot of your questions. Hang tough.

http://www.killthecan.org/yourquit/what.asp
Enough is enough. Time to take control back from the nic bitch. My HOF speechGR8WHITEBUFFALO

Offline Grizzly25

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Every and all sports, fishing and hunting.
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2013, 10:15:00 AM »
Quote from: tarheel
I am in day 4 right now and still trying to figure out this website. I posted roll call correctly for the first time today (i think) because yesterday I posted as a "bad ass" quitter and that I am not..... yet.

I am 43 yrs old live in Raleigh NC and have been dipping since college. I have a good corporate job and great wife and 3 healthy young kids. I look them in the eyes and ask how can i be doing this to them. I did have one unsuccessful quit for about 6years but did the unthinkable; tried 1 dip thinking I was bigger than it. look at me now.

I am so thrilled with this site and with all my new friends. Band of brothers fighting the fight one day at a time.

By the way, i have had 3 of the worst nights of sleep since i quit on sunday. Normal? any advice?

tarheel done
Post your promise and keep it........very simple rules but takes lots of balls  resolve, you sound like you will have what it takes so read all you can gain as much quit knowledge as you can and trade some numbers brother the numbers will be your life line when things get turned sideways or upside down......

Grizzly25/Lou...out
"Remember you are either getting better or getting worse, nobody stays the same!" Woody Hayes

"Winning! That's all we do around here brotha! Failure is not an option, remove it as an option and the possibilities are endless...." Bruce317 5-18-2012

"...We'll be heroes or ghosts...But we won't be turned around." Wastepanel 6-15-2012

"A QUITTER NEVER HAS TO GO THROUGH THE SUCK AGAIN!" tgafish 6-1-2012

QUIT LIKE FUCK MY BITCHES!!!

PATIENCE LIKE FUCK MY BITCHES!!!

Quit Date: 2-6-2012
HOF Date: 5-16-2012
HOF Speech

Offline jollymon

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 09:47:00 AM »
I hear ya tarheel done! I'm currently ending my 2nd day (40 hours now, but who's counting?!). My sleep has actually been off the chain! Having some crazy, crazy dreams. But I feel like I'm sleeping better. Cravinings definitely coming and going, but over all, I'm looking forward to Clean Living!

Offline tarheel done

• Quitter
tarheel done
« on: April 24, 2013, 09:17:00 AM »
I am in day 4 right now and still trying to figure out this website. I posted roll call correctly for the first time today (i think) because yesterday I posted as a "bad ass" quitter and that I am not..... yet.

I am 43 yrs old live in Raleigh NC and have been dipping since college. I have a good corporate job and great wife and 3 healthy young kids. I look them in the eyes and ask how can i be doing this to them. I did have one unsuccessful quit for about 6years but did the unthinkable; tried 1 dip thinking I was bigger than it. look at me now.

I am so thrilled with this site and with all my new friends. Band of brothers fighting the fight one day at a time.

By the way, i have had 3 of the worst nights of sleep since i quit on sunday. Normal? any advice?

tarheel done