Author Topic: The time is now  (Read 1164 times)

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Swim Bike Run - Shooting - Chasing my boys around.
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: The time is now
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2011, 09:20:00 PM »
Quote from: jschreck2
After mapping out a plan for myself (pick a quit date, gradually cut down the use of crap in a can, etc. etc.) today is MY DAY. Didn't realize it, but today is my parent's anniversary. That aside, I decided to pick up some Smokey Mtn. chew to help me along. Just need to keep telling myself this is the first step in being nic free.
If you have quit, you are quit. You don't dip anymore. How many more steps are there? I would say you took a giant leap to where most slaves to the nic bitch never go. Outstanding. Why don't you start your own introduction and tell us about yourself.

You are free. Commence jubilation.

Offline jschreck2

• Likes Given: 0
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2011, 09:16:00 PM »
After mapping out a plan for myself (pick a quit date, gradually cut down the use of crap in a can, etc. etc.) today is MY DAY. Didn't realize it, but today is my parent's anniversary. That aside, I decided to pick up some Smokey Mtn. chew to help me along. Just need to keep telling myself this is the first step in being nic free.

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2011, 08:10:00 PM »
Congrats on a great choice, acmster! Embrace the suck...it is what recovery feels like. You're in the thick fog right now. Keep your word and you'll never be there again!!!

Offline 30yraddict

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Feb 13, 2011
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2011, 07:31:00 PM »
Welcome acm, and congratulations on your quit...the folks here are living proof that it can be done.

We quit one day at a time: Post Roll- your promise not to use nicotine for today, honor that promise, and then repeat..one day at a time. Buckle up- it's a hell of a ride...but a ride that is well worth it!

Here are some resources for you:

This is your group: January 2012 This is where you will post roll- and it is where you will get strength from brothers and sisters that are going through what you are.

Be sure to visit the WELCOME CENTER for what you need to know to get started.
Stop by Introductions and tell us something about yourself.
For inspiration stop by Words of Wisdom and HOF Speeches.
What to expect when you quit is found here and here.
Read about Tom and Jenny Kern , It will be a tough read-but do it, start from the bottom.

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
  • Quit Date: 10-30-2009
  • Interests: Golf, Running, Cycling, Being outside, Spending time with my family. Quitting and helping newbies.
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2011, 05:27:00 PM »
Welcome to the battle. Glad you are here. As you can see if you follow the rules here you CAN quit.

Read everything you can on this site. There are some seriously bad ass quitters here that have paved a path for you to follow. Read their stories and learn from the wisdom of those who have already lived it.

Every person here will help you if you ask.. but the actual work is yours to do. Post your word daily and keep it.

STAY QUIT
Greg

This quote sums up this site !!
This guyÂ’s walking down a street, when he falls in a hole. The walls are so steep, he canÂ’t get out.

A doctor passes by, and the guy shouts up, Hey you! Can you help me out? The doctor writes him a prescription, throws it down the hole, and moves on.

Then a priest comes along, and the guy shouts up, Father, IÂ’m down in this hole! Can you help me out? The priest writes out a prayer, throws it down in the hole, and moves on.

Then a friend walks by. Hey Joe, itÂ’s me, can you help me out? And the friend jumps in the hole! Our guy says Are you stupid? Now weÂ’re both down here! And the friend says, Yeah, but IÂ’ve been down here before, and I know the way out.

-from The West Wing, "Noel"

Offline ImmaQuitter

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2011, 04:41:00 PM »
Quote from: acmstr55
I first stumbled onto this site a couple hours ago and I can truthfully say I have never been so moved. Hell when I first got on here I had a big wad of that shit in but not even ten minutes into looking through everything it had to come out. I realized the time is now. No longer am I gonna let this shit run my life. I am finally ready to be done with the nic bitch and get back on with my life. Im sick of all the pain, in my mouth and my bank account. Im sick of feeling the embaressment when the girl Ive been trying to get with walks up to me only to see the fat lip and walking away with a disgusted look on her face. No more! Later grizzly...Im done with you for good now!
Welcome to the January Group. The grizz is a big fucking ugly monster and the cancer it will inevitably put in your mouth makes that shit completely worthless.

Man up, stay quit. Feel free to contact me for anything, that's what we are all here for.
In this world, accountability is king. Not posting roll is setting you up for fail.

Offline acmstr55

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2011, 01:33:00 AM »
Quote from: J1919
I first stumbled onto this site a couple hours ago and I can truthfully say I have never been so moved. Hell when I first got on here I had a big wad of that shit in but not even ten minutes into looking through everything it had to come out. I realized the time is now. No longer am I gonna let this shit run my life. I am finally ready to be done with the nic bitch and get back on with my life. Im sick of all the pain, in my mouth and my bank account. Im sick of feeling the embaressment when the girl Ive been trying to get with walks up to me only to see the fat lip and walking away with a disgusted look on her face. No more! Later grizzly...Im done with you for good now!
Welcome ACM! You stumbled on the best place possible.

Visit the Welcome Center near the top of the page. Read why we post roll and how to post roll. Once finished, go to Quit Groups and post in the January 2012 group.

After you post, read the Kern Story, the HOF speeches, Words of Wisdom and everything else.

PM me if you have any questions.

Proud to be quit with you today!
I'm loving the Day 1 post. Nice job.
Thank you. Even though it's only been a few hours it feels good to be taking the first steps down this road to dig out the claws the nic bitch sunk into me.

Offline J1919

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2011, 01:29:00 AM »

Visit the Welcome Center near the top of the page. Read why we post roll and how to post roll. Once finished, go to Quit Groups and post in the January 2012 group.

After you post, read the Kern Story, the HOF speeches, Words of Wisdom and everything else.

I'm loving the Day 1 post. Nice job.

Offline J1919

• Quitter
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 01:04:00 AM »

Offline acmstr55

The time is now
« on: October 15, 2011, 12:57:00 AM »