Author Topic: Quit - Day 2  (Read 3685 times)

Offline ZillahCowboy

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: Quit - Day 2
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2014, 10:00:00 AM »
Quote from: Winter
Quote from: Ginet
Nice job on 50 days! Good solid quit going on!
I second what Ginet said. You are winning this fight. You have proven it 50 times over. Kick ass ;Ironman:
Who's got a fuckin'-A quit goin' on? Apogee's got a fuckin'-A quit goin' on! Nice job brother. Nifty Fifty!!!
ZC

Offline Winter Green

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2014, 09:40:00 AM »
Quote from: Ginet
I second what Ginet said. You are winning this fight. You have proven it 50 times over. Kick ass ;Ironman:
Quit~December - 2 - 2013
1st Floor~March - 11 - 2014

Offline Ginet

• Quitter
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2014, 08:50:00 AM »
The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it. ~ Chinese Proverb
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply. ~ Stephen R. Covey

QD 12/29/13
April 2014 Resolute

Offline ZillahCowboy

• Quitter
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2014, 12:05:00 AM »
Quote from: Etxaggie
Day 49

I have so much to be thankful for, but I'm finding it very difficult to be happy. The nic bitch roller coaster sucks!

Working out has previously helped, but today I was pissed even after my workout. Maybe I should take up MMA or boxing.....

Hope this passes soon,  I'm sure my family hopes for that also.

Quit on!
Here's something to be happy about....
If you were still dipping, you'd be rushing headlong toward a life and death of cancerous agony. But now that you're quit, you are watching the potential for cancer recede into the distance with every passing day. Our quits are not always sunshine and rainbows, but I like to think that I'm putting time and distance between me and the big C.
Quit on brother,
ZC

Offline Etxaggie

• Quitter
  • Interests: Faith, Family, friends, hunting, & fishing....
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2014, 11:45:00 PM »
Day 49

I have so much to be thankful for, but I'm finding it very difficult to be happy. The nic bitch roller coaster sucks!

Working out has previously helped, but today I was pissed even after my workout. Maybe I should take up MMA or boxing.....

Hope this passes soon,  I'm sure my family hopes for that also.

Quit on!
Quit 12/31/2013

Offline SAM83

• Quit Pro
  • A failure to plan is a plan to fail!
  • Quit Date: 1/6/2014
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Camping, Motorcycle Touring, White Water Sports, Cooking/Grilling/Smoking (Food), Anything Outdoors and Go Steelers!
  • Likes Given: 232
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2014, 02:22:00 PM »
Day 37.

Had to put this in my intro.

My gums don't bleed anymore while brushing my teeth! Not sure why it took me so long to figure out that crap was bad for me. Guess I'm a slow learner.....

Today is what matters now,  today I quit!
Day 33 and I noticed the same thing....pretty freakin' nice not be spitting blood into the sink with little chunks of snuff turds mixed in!!!! Quit on!!!!

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2014, 10:33:00 AM »
Quote from: Pinched
Day 37.

My gums don't bleed anymore while brushing my teeth!  Not sure why it took me so long to figure out that crap was bad for me.  Guess I'm a slow learner..... 

hey man we are all addicts, not slow learners. People tried to tell all of us but we knew better, one more wouldn't kill us...

Glad to see you can celebrate these wins and better yet document them.

When you get a crave or urge reflect on these days.

The quit is strong in this thread!
I DIDN'T know why I didn't see this crap was slowly killing me. I DIDN'T know why my blood pressure was higher. I DIDN'T know why I felt that quitting the poison was impossible. I DIDN'T know why I chewed for years even though it was costing me an arm and a leg.

Key word in last paragraph in capital letters my friend. Welcome to the real world. The world where the blinders are getting ripped off and your finding out the truths about the poison. Glad to be quit with you.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2014, 10:04:00 AM »
Day 37.

My gums don't bleed anymore while brushing my teeth! Not sure why it took me so long to figure out that crap was bad for me. Guess I'm a slow learner.....

hey man we are all addicts, not slow learners. People tried to tell all of us but we knew better, one more wouldn't kill us...

Glad to see you can celebrate these wins and better yet document them.

When you get a crave or urge reflect on these days.

The quit is strong in this thread!
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline Etxaggie

• Quitter
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2014, 09:59:00 AM »
Day 37.

Quit 12/31/2013

Offline Etxaggie

• Quitter
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2014, 09:20:00 PM »
Quote from: apogeeammo
Everyone is an idiot and nothing is working right.......
LMAO.....my thoughts exactly!
Quit 12/31/2013

Offline apogeeammo

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-01-01
  • Interests: Family, Cooking, Guns, Music!Favorite bands - Tool, Radiohead, and Queens of the Stoneage
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2014, 08:32:00 PM »
Quote from: SirDerek
Day 35

The mind games are a bitch!  The "suck" was just that......it sucked.  Then, the fog seemed to lift.  I was eating good, working out,  most of all NO NIC.  It literally seemed like each day was getting better  better.

The last two days however seem like I have taken steps backwards. I guess this is all part of it??  I can't think of anything that triggered it, but I am pissed off at the world!  I hope this stage passes soon!

Feels better to write about it......
Yes hold on tight as you are on that roller coaster ride. Enjoy and celebrate your victories when you are up and feeling good. But always remember what you are learning here, and be ready when on those down swings. Good news is those downs get less and less the more days you put up those +1' s.

Hang tight as you are doing it odaat. And honor that word each day.

I quit right with you today.
Shit that is good to hear! I'm also on day 35 and having exactly those same feelings! Everyone is an idiot and nothing is working right plus one crave after another!

Thanks for sharing ETXaggie, I'm quit with you!
--Focus on Remedies, Not Faults - Jack Nicklaus
--Do or Do Not, There is NO Try - Yoda
--Recalculating! - The GPS bitch!
--462 Just ahead of me! - Maynard

HOF 4/10/2014

Offline SirDerek

• Quit Pro
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2014, 08:07:00 PM »
Day 35

The mind games are a bitch! The "suck" was just that......it sucked. Then, the fog seemed to lift. I was eating good, working out,  most of all NO NIC. It literally seemed like each day was getting better  better.

The last two days however seem like I have taken steps backwards. I guess this is all part of it?? I can't think of anything that triggered it, but I am pissed off at the world! I hope this stage passes soon!

Yes hold on tight as you are on that roller coaster ride. Enjoy and celebrate your victories when you are up and feeling good. But always remember what you are learning here, and be ready when on those down swings. Good news is those downs get less and less the more days you put up those +1' s.

Hang tight as you are doing it odaat. And honor that word each day.

I quit right with you today.

Offline Etxaggie

• Quitter
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2014, 06:53:00 PM »
Day 35

The mind games are a bitch! The "suck" was just that......it sucked. Then, the fog seemed to lift. I was eating good, working out,  most of all NO NIC. It literally seemed like each day was getting better  better.

The last two days however seem like I have taken steps backwards. I guess this is all part of it?? I can't think of anything that triggered it, but I am pissed off at the world! I hope this stage passes soon!

Quit 12/31/2013

Offline Gdubya

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: August 23, 2013
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2014, 10:41:00 PM »
Day 32!

This is the longest I have been without nic in at least 17 years. This ODAAT really works! I appreciate all the support from KTC.

Gdubya, Canvasback, dmonroe33, Francis, horseman, jaradm, zillah.....you have been a tremendous support system. Thank you.

Quit on!
Etxaggie, your doing a great job bro. 17 years is a long time to be a slave. Let each +1 add to your confidence that tomorrow morning your going to wake up and do it all over again. All your hard work, the withdrawls, the fog, the suck...... it is all worth it. Every day little by little it just keeps getting better. Every day will be a new personal record for you. I'm proud of you and proud to be quit with you !

Offline ZillahCowboy

• Quitter
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2014, 10:21:00 AM »
Day 32!

This is the longest I have been without nic in at least 17 years. This ODAAT really works! I appreciate all the support from KTC.

Gdubya, Canvasback, dmonroe33, Francis, horseman, jaradm, zillah.....you have been a tremendous support system. Thank you.

Quit on!
The feeling is mutual. I could not have done what we're doing alone, and I appreciate following your quit, too. Reading, exchanging, posting gives commitment, strength, empathy, and resolve. I don't sit at home feeling sorry for myself and rationalizing my way into another tin. Instead, I get out there and try to live a vigorous dip free life. I pay more attention to my personal interactions, and I am mentally involved with shit going on around me. I am not on the sidelines just waiting for a chance to put in that next dip.

After getting into April '14, I finally accepted what that little voice in the back of my head had been telling me all these years. "Quit the shit, or you're going to die from it." So the tougher we are with our quits, and the more days and distance we put between us and the nic bitch, the better off we will be. Quit on brother. Enjoy this nic free weekend!
ZC