Author Topic: Nick's Quit  (Read 3458 times)

Offline bobchap

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-02-10
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Nick's Quit
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2016, 11:13:00 AM »
Similar story as you Nick.

Been on this site, but never as a member.
Just joined, on day 7.
Fog sucks, worse than I remember.
Can't focus, life sucks, can't see past it.
I'm coming out the other side now a bit, on day 7.
Concentration and motivation just coming back.
You'll start to see glimpses of light, which feel like freedom soaked in victory.
Hold on to those moments, and make more of them.
Be proud.
Order Smokey Mountain online asap. Can't find it by my house either, but had some Jake's Mint chew left over from a while ago that's getting it done.
Good luck and God Bless.
I don't know if I can quit nic forever, but I am damn sure I can keep a promise. And by giving my word for today, all I have to do is keep it and the nic gets sorted out in the process. - Rkymtnman

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
Re: Nick's Quit
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2016, 10:54:00 AM »
Quote from: granger829
Hey everyone, my name is Nick and I am 24 years old. I've used this site as a resource in the past when attempting to quit but I never joined and got involved. Perhaps that is why my previous attempts to quit have not been successful. Anyhow, I am deep in the fog on my 36th hour. I have chewed for 8+ years and for the last 4-5 years it's been about a can of copenhagen wintergreen a day.

In the last 10 months or so I have been dealing with doctors to determine the cause of the lower back pain I have had for several years now. I have tried all of the non-invasive options and the only remaining option for me is to have spinal fusion surgery. I have learned that nicotine can prohibit bone healing and growth. I sure as hell do not want to take the chance of having an unsuccessful fusion due to my inability to kick the habit.

My wife has been very supportive thus far but she works in a hospital and I know I will struggle even more on the days we work opposite shifts. I have been searching high and low for Smokey Mountain because it has helped me with previous quits but I moved since my last quit attempt and I cannot locate it at any local places. If the GetGo on my way home from work doesn't have it I am going to order some online. I really feel like if I can get through the fog I will be on the home stretch, but the fog is dense at the moment.

If any of you have words of encouragement or positive stories of your own please feel free to share. I am more invested in this quit than I have ever been in the past. If you have products or methods you used that helped you to be successful, please feel free to share those as well.
Here's a positive story...

I chewed for longer than you've been alive.
I needed to quit.
I wanted to quit.
I found this site and all these other people who were ME.
I found my salvation.
I made that choice.
I Quit.

Own it, young brother. It's not easy but it IS simple... own it. If you really want it... freedom is yours.
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline granger829

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-02-15
  • Likes Given: 0
Nick's Quit
« on: February 16, 2016, 09:56:00 AM »
Hey everyone, my name is Nick and I am 24 years old. I've used this site as a resource in the past when attempting to quit but I never joined and got involved. Perhaps that is why my previous attempts to quit have not been successful. Anyhow, I am deep in the fog on my 36th hour. I have chewed for 8+ years and for the last 4-5 years it's been about a can of copenhagen wintergreen a day.

In the last 10 months or so I have been dealing with doctors to determine the cause of the lower back pain I have had for several years now. I have tried all of the non-invasive options and the only remaining option for me is to have spinal fusion surgery. I have learned that nicotine can prohibit bone healing and growth. I sure as hell do not want to take the chance of having an unsuccessful fusion due to my inability to kick the habit.

My wife has been very supportive thus far but she works in a hospital and I know I will struggle even more on the days we work opposite shifts. I have been searching high and low for Smokey Mountain because it has helped me with previous quits but I moved since my last quit attempt and I cannot locate it at any local places. If the GetGo on my way home from work doesn't have it I am going to order some online. I really feel like if I can get through the fog I will be on the home stretch, but the fog is dense at the moment.

If any of you have words of encouragement or positive stories of your own please feel free to share. I am more invested in this quit than I have ever been in the past. If you have products or methods you used that helped you to be successful, please feel free to share those as well.