Author Topic: newbie on day 3  (Read 1512 times)

Offline B-loMatt

• Quitter
  • Interests: Cooking, gameing, music, sports, the outdoors. Spending time with my family is my biggest hobby, I have two little girls who are my number 1 priority (for real now that I kicked nic out of my life)
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: newbie on day 3
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2014, 09:22:00 AM »
Quote from: Wt57
Quote from: Sand_Fleas_Gotta_Eat
Quote from: free2farmnodip
Hey all,  very glad to have discovered this site. Similar story here: closet dipped for the last 5 years. Smoked before that. Have spent much wasted time lying to and hiding from  the people I'm supposed to care about most over this addiction. Living a double life, work in healthcare and know all too well what this stuff does to a person but been living in some heavy heavy denial up until recently- going to try to figure the roll call thing out tomorrow with the quit group. Again thanks for this site!
Good to have you here! Follow the Welcome Center link above and that will explain how to find your group and post roll.

Don't worry if you screw it up the first couple of times, it's part of the process and we've all done it at one point or another.

Read all you can and check out some of the HOF speeches. What really got me going was the pictures and stories. If you can get through them and not feel like someone has punched you in the chest then more power to you.

Most of all if I can do this you can too. So let's hit it as I expect to see you posting roll today!

Check your inbox.
You can do this, but that roll call thing is the keystone that holds the quit together! Until that stone is placed the entire quit is shakey at best.
Now that your eyes are open read everything on KTC! All the knowledge you could want is right here. This will be very hard at first, but it is possible if you own your quit. At some point it gets so much better, but until then do whatever it takes to stay nicotine free and get your freedom back. PM me if you need anything.

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2014, 09:04:00 AM »
Quote from: Sand_Fleas_Gotta_Eat
Hey all,  very glad to have discovered this site. Similar story here: closet dipped for the last 5 years. Smoked before that. Have spent much wasted time lying to and hiding from  the people I'm supposed to care about most over this addiction. Living a double life, work in healthcare and know all too well what this stuff does to a person but been living in some heavy heavy denial up until recently- going to try to figure the roll call thing out tomorrow with the quit group. Again thanks for this site!
Good to have you here! Follow the Welcome Center link above and that will explain how to find your group and post roll.

Don't worry if you screw it up the first couple of times, it's part of the process and we've all done it at one point or another.

Read all you can and check out some of the HOF speeches. What really got me going was the pictures and stories. If you can get through them and not feel like someone has punched you in the chest then more power to you.

Most of all if I can do this you can too. So let's hit it as I expect to see you posting roll today!

Check your inbox.
You can do this, but that roll call thing is the keystone that holds the quit together! Until that stone is placed the entire quit is shakey at best.
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline Sand_Fleas_Gotta_Eat

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Restoring my 220 year old house. I don't have any other interest because I no longer have time for such things.
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2014, 07:58:00 AM »
Hey all, very glad to have discovered this site. Similar story here: closet dipped for the last 5 years. Smoked before that. Have spent much wasted time lying to and hiding from the people I'm supposed to care about most over this addiction. Living a double life, work in healthcare and know all too well what this stuff does to a person but been living in some heavy heavy denial up until recently- going to try to figure the roll call thing out tomorrow with the quit group. Again thanks for this site!

Check your inbox.

Offline free2farmnodip

• Interests: Horses, Small Scale Farming (raising own beef, pork etc..) Goats! Running, Yoga, Gardening, eating and living as close to the dirt as possible minus the yurt bare feet and outhouse! Living an authentic life free from active addictions.
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2014, 01:46:00 AM »
Hey all, very glad to have discovered this site. Similar story here: closet dipped for the last 5 years. Smoked before that. Have spent much wasted time lying to and hiding from the people I'm supposed to care about most over this addiction. Living a double life, work in healthcare and know all too well what this stuff does to a person but been living in some heavy heavy denial up until recently- going to try to figure the roll call thing out tomorrow with the quit group. Again thanks for this site!

Offline free2farmnodip

• Interests: Horses, Small Scale Farming (raising own beef, pork etc..) Goats! Running, Yoga, Gardening, eating and living as close to the dirt as possible minus the yurt bare feet and outhouse! Living an authentic life free from active addictions.
newbie on day 3
« on: February 21, 2014, 01:46:00 AM »