Author Topic: Quitting early.  (Read 1154 times)

Offline steve1357

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Browns, Indians, Buckeyes.
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Quitting early.
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2012, 09:39:00 PM »
Quote from: bav
I honestly just can't do this now, due to school and work.

I'll be back this summer.
Thats cool man. No one else has ever had to quit while in work or in school. We have had guys who have quit while in Iraq and Afghanistan, but I get it man, now is not a good time to quit. And I know there is no way another excuse will come up this summer and I am sure you will be back here. And the thing is that you made it through the absolute worst three days and now you are going to have to do it again.

Here's the thing I hope you realize. Young people who have only chewed for a couple years can get cancer and it happens. You are not bulletproof. Is sticking that shit in your lip for the next three months worth the risk.

Quit today and be free. I promise you that you will not regret it.

Offline D2maine

• Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: quit 2-19-2012!
  • Likes Given: 95
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2012, 09:22:00 PM »
First off, I apologize for not updating roll or anything.

I quit for a solid 3 days, but had a stressful day, and bought another can  'bang head'

I've decided it would be best for me to quit this summer when I am not required to think, because those three days were the worst of my life, as far as trying to actually think about important things. I basically had all the symptoms, and was eating sunflower seeds like a madman, and popping asprin to try (in vain) to ease the constant headache I had.

bullshit.....quit quit now just f-ing do it

there is NEVER a perfect or a better time...the bitch is seducing you!

Offline Jameso

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-02-03
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2012, 08:58:00 PM »

I quit for a solid 3 days, but had a stressful day, and bought another can 'bang head'

I've decided it would be best for me to quit this summer when I am not required to think, because those three days were the worst of my life, as far as trying to actually think about important things. I basically had all the symptoms, and was eating sunflower seeds like a madman, and popping asprin to try (in vain) to ease the constant headache I had.

Don't walk away dude, come summer you will come up with some reason to push it back again. You need to get quit now. You have got to get the balls to face the challenges without dip. It does not help you in any way.
Quit hard or Geaux home

I might be dead and gone tomorrow, but it won't be because I had tobacco in my mouth today.

Quit Date - 2/3/12
HOF Date - 5/12/12
2nd Floor - 8/20/12
3rd Floor - 11/28/12
4th Floor - 3/8/13
5th Floor - 6/23/13
6th Floor - 9/24/13
7th Floor - 1/2/14
8th floor - 4/12/14
9th Floor - 7/23/14

My HOF Speech

Offline bav

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2012, 08:52:00 PM »

I quit for a solid 3 days, but had a stressful day, and bought another can 'bang head'

Offline Otter

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-08-13
  • Interests: All things Jesus and my family.
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2012, 07:22:00 AM »
Best decision of your young life. Don't let nicotine rule over you the way it has for so many of us. Keep your self occupied for the first three days and get that stuff out of your system. Then let the games begin. You can do this no matter what your mind or body tells you. Just fight and listen to what the elders of this site have to tell you. This system works, use it.......I quit with you today brother.

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Swim Bike Run - Shooting - Chasing my boys around.
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2012, 06:57:00 AM »
Holy crap in a bucket! What a great day to quit!

Offline Mr Nice Guy

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2012, 08:46:00 PM »
get er done

Offline bav

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2012, 07:31:00 PM »
Thanks!

Offline 30yraddict

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Feb 13, 2011
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2012, 07:23:00 PM »
Welcome bav,

Check your inbox(1) on the upper right of your screen.

Offline bav

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2012, 07:18:00 PM »
Thanks guys!

Offline markr

• Quit Date 04/01/2009
  • Quitter
  • Interests: I like Bowhunting Deer, bowfishing, shooting, deer hunting, fishing for bass and smallies in local lake and streams. Taking my daughter out in the wild my youngest love to shoot ,hunt and fish. I am a Hunters ed instructor and like to introduce kids to outdoors activities. Restoring old tractors.
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2012, 07:11:00 PM »

Offline markr

• Quit Date 04/01/2009
  • Quitter
  • Interests: I like Bowhunting Deer, bowfishing, shooting, deer hunting, fishing for bass and smallies in local lake and streams. Taking my daughter out in the wild my youngest love to shoot ,hunt and fish. I am a Hunters ed instructor and like to introduce kids to outdoors activities. Restoring old tractors.
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 07:09:00 PM »
Bav

No sugar coat here this is hard. This place works but you have to give your word and promise not to use today. We quit 1 day at a time here then repeat tomorrow.
Welcome to the site look in the welcome section read up n posting roll you will be in the May 2012 group.

Offline Leahy16

• Quitter
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 07:08:00 PM »
Welcome. That's a pretty good start. Let's not get ahead of ourselves though. Instead of quitting this addiction for the rest of your life let's just start with the rest of the day. Then tomorrow we can quit again, for the day.

Go over to Quit Groups and find the May 2012 Group. That's your group. Sign roll call with your Day 1. If you quit today you're on Day 1. Look to the upper left part of your screen and click on the Welcome Center. Read how to post roll.

One day at a time.
Quit Date Jun 5, 2011; HOF Sep 12, 2011; 1,000 days Feb 28, 2014

Offline bav

Quitting early.
« on: January 30, 2012, 07:01:00 PM »
Hey everyone,

I have decided I want to "kill the can" for myself. I've been dipping for a year and six months. I've recently been fed up with it, as my gums have been receding and a spot in my mouth from my wisdom teeth extractions swelled up. I'm now 18, been dipping about a half can a day for a full year. I guess it's a good thing I'm quitting early.

Thank you to the creators of the site and the awesome community! Reading on this site about all the quit stories has made me change my mind from not wanting to quit because I "liked it", to completely hating every pinch I stuck in my lip.

We'll see how this goes. I finished off a can this morning, and said to myself, "This is the last dip I'll ever have."

Again, thanks guys.