Author Topic: JimmyDan  (Read 1777 times)

Offline TheMissingPeace

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: JimmyDan
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2011, 11:03:00 AM »
jimmy- Welcome! I dipped for 30 years as well. I am now Quit for 44 days. You can do this! Just one day at a time, though. Post Roll Call first thing in the morning then keep your word. Proud to be Quit with you! If you need anything let me know. Peace

Offline Parputt

• Quit King
  • Quit date: 1-13-2011
  • Likes Given: 19
Re: JimmyDan
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2011, 10:38:00 AM »
Welcome aboard JimmyDan. I see you are already posting roll so you don't need any guidance there.

Keep the attitude you have and you will go far in your quit. Very similar story here, 43 dipping since I was 12-13. Your first few days are going to be a bitch, but you can do this! PM me if you need anything.
QD:  1-13-11
HOF: 4-22-11
Sobriety date: 3-4-07

One is one too many
One more is never enough

This Is My Quit

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself, any direction you choose ~ Dr. Seuss

Offline jimmydan68

• Likes Given: 0
JimmyDan
« on: May 28, 2011, 10:28:00 AM »
Hello,
Figured I would take a moment to introduce myself to yall,so here it goes.

My name is James Daniel, hence the JimmyDan screen name. My family has been calling me that all my life. I was born in WV and first time I dipped was at the tender age of 10. Basebal was a big part of it. Almost all of us did it, though we were fucking cool like the big leaguers.....how retarded!! I am now 42 years old. I quoted 22yrs addicted the other day. Sorry , my math was skewed as I was in a bit of a fog that day. So, Ive been strung out like a Goddamn junkie for 32 years and it makes me wanna cry. I think this addiction, my first addiction, may just be the worst of my many over the years. I am a recovering alcoholic/ drug addict as well. In September(23) I will have 10 yrs. sober. So September is a good month for me, kida fitting that it is my HOF class too.

Of all the substances, this mother fucking insideous bitch called nicotine is gonna be a tough opponent. But I aint worried. With your help the bitch will meet the same fate as the rest.... fucking with the wrong hillbilly.

JimmyDan