Author Topic: JimmyDan  (Read 1778 times)

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Family and friends. Other than that, anything outdoors....motorcycling, shooting, hunting, fishing, racing.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: JimmyDan
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2011, 04:31:00 PM »
Quote from: gmann
Quote from: Ready
jimmydan68- day6- No dip today!
I will hold you accountable to this.

Keep your word.

Caving is not an option, do something else. Anything else.
Yep, you ain't dipping today, so focus on something else. You are stronger than anything the nic bitch can throw your way for ONE day. Don't think about tomorrow. TODAY you have given your word. TODAY you will not use nicotine.
I've given my word, so I'm quitting with you TODAY.
Hang in there, bro. You got this. We got your back. Looks like you've made the promise earlier today, so nicotine is off the table for today. Reach out if you need to.

Offline G

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2011, 02:29:00 PM »
Quote from: Ready

Keep your word.

Yep, you ain't dipping today, so focus on something else. You are stronger than anything the nic bitch can throw your way for ONE day. Don't think about tomorrow. TODAY you have given your word. TODAY you will not use nicotine.
I've given my word, so I'm quitting with you TODAY.

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2011, 01:48:00 PM »

Keep your word.

Offline bman50317

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2011, 01:38:00 PM »
Quote from: jimmydan68
Having a hard time today....fucking mind games... Ill be cool tho...hopefully.

Did you post your word today? If so, then you will be cool. Hang in there, you can do this. You need someone to talk to, pm me for my number. Remember, there are a lot of resources here to help you.
Time heals but I'm forever broken

Offline jimmydan68

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2011, 01:30:00 PM »
Having a hard time today....fucking mind games... Ill be cool tho...hopefully.

Offline jimmydan68

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2011, 07:06:00 AM »
Quote from: minuteofangle
Welcome JimmyDan. Ive known a few Mountaineers through the years and if I could say one thing about them its that they are stubborn sonsabitches. I know that if you put your mind to quittin then its a done deal. You can do thing thing my brudda. Post DAILY and post EARLY. Get involved in another persons quit you will find that it helps strengthen your own.

MOA
Thanks MOA. Love the latin in ur avatar.....Im Prepared...lol.

Offline Dr. Bruce Banner

• Quitter
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2011, 01:11:00 PM »
Quote from: jimmydan68
Hello,
Figured I would take a moment to introduce myself to yall,so here it goes.

My name is James Daniel, hence the JimmyDan screen name. My family has been calling me that all my life. I was born in WV and first time I dipped was at the tender age of 10. Basebal was a big part of it. Almost all of us did it, though we were fucking cool like the big leaguers.....how retarded!! I am now 42 years old. I quoted 22yrs addicted the other day. Sorry , my math was skewed as I was in a bit of a fog that day. So, Ive been strung out like a Goddamn junkie for 32 years and it makes me wanna cry. I think this addiction, my first addiction, may just be the worst of my many over the years. I am a recovering alcoholic/ drug addict as well. In September(23) I will have 10 yrs. sober. So September is a good month for me, kida fitting that it is my HOF class too.

Of all the substances, this mother fucking insideous bitch called nicotine is gonna be a tough opponent. But I aint worried. With your help the bitch will meet the same fate as the rest.... fucking with the wrong hillbilly.

JimmyDan
Whose tougher? You or a little can? 'tough' This is not a retorical question!
HOF 2/2/2010
2nd 5/12/2010
3rd 8/20/2010
4th 11/29/2010

Within our capabilities, orginating in our attitudes and culminating in our actions

Offline minuteofangle

• Quitter
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2011, 08:41:00 PM »
Welcome JimmyDan. Ive known a few Mountaineers through the years and if I could say one thing about them its that they are stubborn sonsabitches. I know that if you put your mind to quittin then its a done deal. You can do thing thing my brudda. Post DAILY and post EARLY. Get involved in another persons quit you will find that it helps strengthen your own.

MOA

Offline nicofiend

• Quitter
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2011, 07:20:00 PM »
Welcome aboard the QUITTERS TRAIN Jimmydan!!! Lets kick this nic bitches ass together! Nico

Offline jimmydan68

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2011, 06:57:00 PM »
Quote from: tgafish
Way to go James! Tom here and we are the same quit day. 40 years old and up until 3 days ago a 22 year user. I used to chew 2-4 cans a day. I actually slept last night :) (unisom helped). Got through the panic attack yesterday just like everyone told me I would

The biggest things helping me is the understanding that I have total control of how I feel. Nic is just a chemical, it does not control my mind or my heart! I wear a band around my wrist that says "You control how you feel"

The other big thing is the realization that if I can't quit for one day, today, what makes me think I'll be able to quit some time in the future. Either stay quit today or die a slave who never stood up and took control. No bullshit!
Thanks Tom, good job to you too brother. Lets kick ass on this fuckin bitch!!! NO BULLSHIT!

Offline jimmydan68

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2011, 06:54:00 PM »
Quote from: AceInTheHole
JD-

Glad to have you in the Sept. 2011 quit group brother. Dropping you a line to let you know that we are similarly situated, I quit drinking 10 years ago January 31 of this year. I should have quit dipping then too, missed that opportunity. By then I was already 8 years in with the nic bitch.

I don't know how easy or hard it was for you to quit drinking/drugging, but I do know what my experience was like. It was all relatively simple for me, I bottomed out emotionally and quit. I did a little outpatient 1/2 day detox program for 8 or 9 days and never really grabbed on to the 12 steps, don't have anything against it though.

This HAS NOT been my experience with dropping the tin. I've tried 10 times over the last 18 years and it has never gotten any easier...plus I ALWAYS cave. I'm sharing this because I want you to know that your assumption about your 1st addiction being your hardest to drop is probably spot on. There's no way to candy-coat it and one of the things I appreciate about this group of guys is how no one pulls any punches. It is what it fucking is, and we all did it to ourselves.

Keep posting Roll Call with the rest of us in Sept. We're gonna make it, and there are portions of it that are going to suck cock, but if we stay true to each other and to ourselves, we'll make it.
Thanks Ace. I agree with you that the drinking and drugging thing was pretty easy. I did outpatient as well as 12 steps, but one counselor put it to me this way: "Whatever way you feel/felt you have been victimized, always remember YOU volunteered to abuse yoursel." That has stuck with me. Nice avatar too bro. All dude wanted was his rug back.....classic! September bad fucking asses glad to have you on my side.

Offline AceInTheHole

• Quitter
  • Interests: Family, hunting, cooking, grilling, sports, fitness, outdoors, home improvement
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2011, 05:05:00 PM »
JD-

Glad to have you in the Sept. 2011 quit group brother. Dropping you a line to let you know that we are similarly situated, I quit drinking 10 years ago January 31 of this year. I should have quit dipping then too, missed that opportunity. By then I was already 8 years in with the nic bitch.

I don't know how easy or hard it was for you to quit drinking/drugging, but I do know what my experience was like. It was all relatively simple for me, I bottomed out emotionally and quit. I did a little outpatient 1/2 day detox program for 8 or 9 days and never really grabbed on to the 12 steps, don't have anything against it though.

This HAS NOT been my experience with dropping the tin. I've tried 10 times over the last 18 years and it has never gotten any easier...plus I ALWAYS cave. I'm sharing this because I want you to know that your assumption about your 1st addiction being your hardest to drop is probably spot on. There's no way to candy-coat it and one of the things I appreciate about this group of guys is how no one pulls any punches. It is what it fucking is, and we all did it to ourselves.

Keep posting Roll Call with the rest of us in Sept. We're gonna make it, and there are portions of it that are going to suck cock, but if we stay true to each other and to ourselves, we'll make it.
"I'll tell you this, son, you can mark my words, Crazy Horse went into Little Bighorn, bought his people one good, long-term ass-fucking. You do not want to be a dirt-worshipping heathen from this fucking point forward. Pardon my French." - Al Swearengen: [discussing Custer at Little Bighorn]

QUIT: 05-25-2011- SEPTEMBER 2011 PIRATES
HOF: 09-01-2011
2nd Floor: 12-10-2011
3rd Floor: 03-19-2012
1 Year: 05-25-2012

Offline tgafish

• FREEDOM
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: 5-26-2011
  • Interests: Family,Fishing, hunting
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2011, 03:56:00 PM »
Way to go James! Tom here and we are the same quit day. 40 years old and up until 3 days ago a 22 year user. I used to chew 2-4 cans a day. I actually slept last night :) (unisom helped). Got through the panic attack yesterday just like everyone told me I would

The biggest things helping me is the understanding that I have total control of how I feel. Nic is just a chemical, it does not control my mind or my heart! I wear a band around my wrist that says "You control how you feel"

The other big thing is the realization that if I can't quit for one day, today, what makes me think I'll be able to quit some time in the future. Either stay quit today or die a slave who never stood up and took control. No bullshit!
"DADDY, PLEASE DON'T GO"---- Kenzi Kern
Quit: 5-26-11
HOF: 9-2-11
Today and I'll bet tomorrow too
"Quit is the realization that chewing doesn't help........ever. Anything you tell yourself opposite this is a lie"-SM

Offline 30yraddict

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Feb 13, 2011
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2011, 12:11:00 PM »
Welcome Jimmy,

Your story is identical to mine. (Including the struggle with alcohol- for me it was 9 yrs ago.) You can do this, It will be tough sometimes, but the feeling of victory is beyond compare! PM me if you need anything. The first couple of days will be intense, but it will get better real soon. You got this.

Glad to be quit with you,

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2011, 11:21:00 AM »
Good to have you aboard sir. Long time nicotine addict myself. I understand. One day at a time. :)