Author Topic: Quit 9/14  (Read 1998 times)

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2045
Re: Quit 9/14
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2017, 11:52:00 AM »
Quote from: tjschu
Quote from: Prohunter
IÂ’m from December 16Â’ quit group, my last dip was on September 14th, 2016, I had been addicted for over 25 years, I was not a ninja dipper and I always had a dip in from the time I woke up to the time I went to bed-this is not a special story here at KTC, this is a story that has been played out time and time again. I am writing this after being involved with KTC for 5 months, in those 5 months there has been pain, suffering, joy and happiness, my family has suffered a tragic loss by a death in the family, I have had financial gains and loss and more triggers than I could possibly count-not a special story here as this story is played out time and time again.
When I darkened the doors of KTC, I had the “want” and the “need”, just didn’t know the “how”, that’s the reason I came here, KTC didn’t come looking for me. Apparently I am kind of old school because when I ask someone for help, I don’t piss and moan if I think their approach is wrong, I don’t pretend I know a better way and I damn sure don’t bite the hands that help me, why come here looking for help if you feel the need to do any of those things.
The day I joined it was decided that I would “follow” the examples and the rules of the ones that came before me, why not, I came here and not the other way around. The way of posting roll to me was hard, I thought there’s got to be a better way, I fought through the fog and dizziness…made some mistakes but I figured it out, now its just a part of me and it made me a better man, like taking that dip first thing in the morning. Then there was the brutality of the site, I thought man these guys are tough on these poor quitters that missed roll or god help them…caved. There were times I thought maybe I don’t belong here, these guys are being assholes for no reason, I mean here is this poor quitter that missed a few days but came back, so why are they being so hard on him…Now that I have been here for 5 months, I get it. So to get back to my journey, I jumped into KTC with both feet, followed the rules, drank the Kool-Aid, whatever you want to call it that’s what I did. It was reasoned that many addicts had been here before me and their journey was a success, so if I followed the plan laid out before me, I to could be free from nicotine. So I did exactly that, from WUPP, to supporting other quitters in other groups, exchanged digits, chat room talk-the whole 9. The amazing thing about all this is that never, not one time ever did I have a “vet” jump in the middle of my shit, why, because I was doing the activities that were prescribed by the ones that come before me, the activities that have saved many addicts before me and will save many more after me. Some rookie quits always like to demonize the vets in here and not just to themselves, they want to make it public and brutal, they are unsuccessful for the most part as these same vets will give the shirts off their back for a quitter that follows the guidelines and we all know it. I am getting to be one of those vets, I have watched the same thing happen over and over again for December, January, February, March, April and May, some new quitter come in and thinks they are special, thinks they have a better way for this or that, thinks their voice should be heard above everyone else, thinks they should be held accountable at their convenience, thinks brotherhood only applies when they need it, thinks that they are in this just for themselves, thinks using KTC as they see fit is acceptable. Know this, understand this and accept this truth, when you found KTC and joined KTC, the only way to succeed here and beat your addiction is to follow the guidelines and the system, get involved with other quitters, be a support system for someone in need, be part of the solution and not another problem that none of us need in this fragile and difficult time, and for gods sake, don’t be one of those selfish and self important souls that constantly need to be hunted down to post roll, if are you that shallow that when others are texting, pm’ing or calling, you must think they have nothing better to do with their time than to chase you around-that’s ridiculous and shameful. We are all here fighting for our lives at some level, some have been quit for more days and some less, but make no mistake, we are all here for the same reason-quitting the addiction, and we do it one day at a time, every damn day. Understand and practice daily the recipe for success at KTC, Brotherhood+Accountability=Success, these are not just mere words, but words to live by-at KTC or in your everyday life.
Well said!!!! 'clap'
Makes sense!!! Follow and mirror the actions of the ones who've gone before you and have been successful. ItÂ’s not asking you to "not ask a question" but to "not question" the process of KTC, it's proven.
July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline Tjschu

• Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 388
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2017, 07:13:00 AM »
IÂ’m from December 16Â’ quit group, my last dip was on September 14th, 2016, I had been addicted for over 25 years, I was not a ninja dipper and I always had a dip in from the time I woke up to the time I went to bed-this is not a special story here at KTC, this is a story that has been played out time and time again. I am writing this after being involved with KTC for 5 months, in those 5 months there has been pain, suffering, joy and happiness, my family has suffered a tragic loss by a death in the family, I have had financial gains and loss and more triggers than I could possibly count-not a special story here as this story is played out time and time again.
When I darkened the doors of KTC, I had the “want” and the “need”, just didn’t know the “how”, that’s the reason I came here, KTC didn’t come looking for me. Apparently I am kind of old school because when I ask someone for help, I don’t piss and moan if I think their approach is wrong, I don’t pretend I know a better way and I damn sure don’t bite the hands that help me, why come here looking for help if you feel the need to do any of those things.
The day I joined it was decided that I would “follow” the examples and the rules of the ones that came before me, why not, I came here and not the other way around. The way of posting roll to me was hard, I thought there’s got to be a better way, I fought through the fog and dizziness…made some mistakes but I figured it out, now its just a part of me and it made me a better man, like taking that dip first thing in the morning. Then there was the brutality of the site, I thought man these guys are tough on these poor quitters that missed roll or god help them…caved. There were times I thought maybe I don’t belong here, these guys are being assholes for no reason, I mean here is this poor quitter that missed a few days but came back, so why are they being so hard on him…Now that I have been here for 5 months, I get it. So to get back to my journey, I jumped into KTC with both feet, followed the rules, drank the Kool-Aid, whatever you want to call it that’s what I did. It was reasoned that many addicts had been here before me and their journey was a success, so if I followed the plan laid out before me, I to could be free from nicotine. So I did exactly that, from WUPP, to supporting other quitters in other groups, exchanged digits, chat room talk-the whole 9. The amazing thing about all this is that never, not one time ever did I have a “vet” jump in the middle of my shit, why, because I was doing the activities that were prescribed by the ones that come before me, the activities that have saved many addicts before me and will save many more after me. Some rookie quits always like to demonize the vets in here and not just to themselves, they want to make it public and brutal, they are unsuccessful for the most part as these same vets will give the shirts off their back for a quitter that follows the guidelines and we all know it. I am getting to be one of those vets, I have watched the same thing happen over and over again for December, January, February, March, April and May, some new quitter come in and thinks they are special, thinks they have a better way for this or that, thinks their voice should be heard above everyone else, thinks they should be held accountable at their convenience, thinks brotherhood only applies when they need it, thinks that they are in this just for themselves, thinks using KTC as they see fit is acceptable. Know this, understand this and accept this truth, when you found KTC and joined KTC, the only way to succeed here and beat your addiction is to follow the guidelines and the system, get involved with other quitters, be a support system for someone in need, be part of the solution and not another problem that none of us need in this fragile and difficult time, and for gods sake, don’t be one of those selfish and self important souls that constantly need to be hunted down to post roll, if are you that shallow that when others are texting, pm’ing or calling, you must think they have nothing better to do with their time than to chase you around-that’s ridiculous and shameful. We are all here fighting for our lives at some level, some have been quit for more days and some less, but make no mistake, we are all here for the same reason-quitting the addiction, and we do it one day at a time, every damn day. Understand and practice daily the recipe for success at KTC, Brotherhood+Accountability=Success, these are not just mere words, but words to live by-at KTC or in your everyday life.
Well said!!!! 'clap'

Offline Prohunter

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Interests: Hunting, fishing and quittin everday...
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2017, 11:08:00 PM »

Offline Bokie

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-10-27
  • Interests: Bass Fishing, Boston sports, family, sobriety and my quit!HOF Speech =http://forum.killthecan.org/topic/30149366/1/#newWhen we quit nicotine, the addiction does not go away; it merely becomes dormant. Administration of nicotine will summon the addiction back from the dungeon of dormancy and grant it full control of our lives. - Quoted by Frobozz
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2017, 07:21:00 AM »
Been a long time since I posted anything here, but I felt like I needed to say this here as well as in my quit group.

Its been a real dogshit 7 days for our family as my wife dad passed away quite unexpectedly a week ago yesterday, sadly he was found by one of his daughters and it appeared he was trying to make himself a bite to eat when it happened. My wife was extremely close to him as was I, we shared a lot of interests and hobbies and he was a man without means but always found a way to share what he had with us. This was a challenge to say the least for me to stay nic free, I'm not going to lie and tell you it was, I had to drive 11 hours roundtrip 3 times over the last week, which meant stopping at gas stations late at night, early in the morning by myself most of the time as I had to leave my wife at his place and take care of things back home, pick up memorabilia for the funeral, etc. Add to that the HONOR of being a conductor, and of course tax season-some of you know, most don't that I am also a accountant/tax guy-this is my own practice, anyway all this has made this last week almost unbearable and has made me a poster-ghoster here at KTC, for that I am sorry to all of you. At the same time I need to thank you all for being here, being held accountable has saved my quit, when my mind wandered to the can, I immediately thought about you guys and the disappointment I would suffer from the selfish act of taking a dip. Even though I was not here much over the last week, KTC and December 16 was on my mind a lot, why, because I was looking death in the face this last week, my father in law was a hard nic user, smoking and dipping in his life and he died using nicotine, doctors told the stubborn SOB to quit, but he didn't have the gut for it, he told me so, but, he was out here in visiting in November over Thanksgiving, one night we were just sitting around watching TV and I grabbed my phone and got onto KTC chat, there was a someone that was needing help to quit and I spent about a hour with this person showing him how to post roll, etc. My FIL asked me what the hell I was doing on my god damn phone for so long, so I explained to him how KTC worked, brotherhood-accountability=success, paying it forward to new hopeful quitters and so on, the response that I got from him was not what I expected, he is a old school guy, gruff, mean, brutally honest and a military man. He looked at me and said that is one of the most honorable things he has seen, helping a total stranger literally save his own life and in a way similar to his military days when he may have not known another soldier on the field, never met him but as a soldier he would have taken a bullet for him and/or not left him behind. He was proud that night of my quit and he vocalized to me that he wished he would have found a brotherhood like this, he said it jokingly, but I know deep down he was being honest and knew for him perhaps, it was to late.
I'm sorry for your lost Pro! I'm also sorry for not seeing this earlier or reaching out. While another 5 days has gone by, please let me know if there is anything I can do to help you. Sincerely!

Proud to be quit with you!
"Pretend I'm not here, and I will surely make my presence known!" - addiction

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 09/05/2015
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
  • Likes Given: 245
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2017, 09:01:00 PM »
Been a long time since I posted anything here, but I felt like I needed to say this here as well as in my quit group.

Its been a real dogshit 7 days for our family as my wife dad passed away quite unexpectedly a week ago yesterday, sadly he was found by one of his daughters and it appeared he was trying to make himself a bite to eat when it happened. My wife was extremely close to him as was I, we shared a lot of interests and hobbies and he was a man without means but always found a way to share what he had with us. This was a challenge to say the least for me to stay nic free, I'm not going to lie and tell you it was, I had to drive 11 hours roundtrip 3 times over the last week, which meant stopping at gas stations late at night, early in the morning by myself most of the time as I had to leave my wife at his place and take care of things back home, pick up memorabilia for the funeral, etc. Add to that the HONOR of being a conductor, and of course tax season-some of you know, most don't that I am also a accountant/tax guy-this is my own practice, anyway all this has made this last week almost unbearable and has made me a poster-ghoster here at KTC, for that I am sorry to all of you. At the same time I need to thank you all for being here, being held accountable has saved my quit, when my mind wandered to the can, I immediately thought about you guys and the disappointment I would suffer from the selfish act of taking a dip. Even though I was not here much over the last week, KTC and December 16 was on my mind a lot, why, because I was looking death in the face this last week, my father in law was a hard nic user, smoking and dipping in his life and he died using nicotine, doctors told the stubborn SOB to quit, but he didn't have the gut for it, he told me so, but, he was out here in visiting in November over Thanksgiving, one night we were just sitting around watching TV and I grabbed my phone and got onto KTC chat, there was a someone that was needing help to quit and I spent about a hour with this person showing him how to post roll, etc. My FIL asked me what the hell I was doing on my god damn phone for so long, so I explained to him how KTC worked, brotherhood-accountability=success, paying it forward to new hopeful quitters and so on, the response that I got from him was not what I expected, he is a old school guy, gruff, mean, brutally honest and a military man. He looked at me and said that is one of the most honorable things he has seen, helping a total stranger literally save his own life and in a way similar to his military days when he may have not known another soldier on the field, never met him but as a soldier he would have taken a bullet for him and/or not left him behind. He was proud that night of my quit and he vocalized to me that he wished he would have found a brotherhood like this, he said it jokingly, but I know deep down he was being honest and knew for him perhaps, it was to late.
Sorry for your loss. :(

This place is like being in a foxhole sometimes and helping strangers often helps our quit. Keep pushing forward brother!

Offline Prohunter

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2017, 04:02:00 PM »

Offline JGlav

• Master of Quit
  • Interests: Quit Date: 9/05/15
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2016, 12:23:00 PM »
Quote from: ChickDip
Quote from: Jeff
Congrats Pro!
Pro, so proud to quit with you today.
Celebrate Your 100 days and repeat it!
Badassery!!
Nice work Pro. Congrats on HOF

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2045
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2016, 11:10:00 AM »
Quote from: Jeff
Congrats Pro!
Pro, so proud to quit with you today.
Celebrate Your 100 days and repeat it!
Badassery!!
July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline Jeff W

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2016, 05:22:00 AM »
Congrats Pro!

Offline Nomore1959

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • Likes Given: 329
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2016, 05:21:00 AM »
Congrats on Hall of Fame! Keep adding those days.

Offline harvestgirl

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • That tempest in a teapot....
  • Quit Date: 9/26/16
  • Interests: Throat punching the was of cat shit from your face
  • Likes Given: 47
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2016, 05:01:00 AM »
Happy HOF, Pro! Proud of you, and keep quitting on like the bad ass you are.
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas
Quit Date: 9.26.16 HOF Date: 1.3.17 9th Floor: 3.14.19
Read my Intro.
Read my HOF Speech.

Offline RDB

• Quit Spartan
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date 1/22/16
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2016, 02:17:00 AM »
Congrats on hitting the Hall Prohunter! The first of many milestones!

Offline eyehatecope

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-08-09
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2016, 03:24:00 PM »
25 year user here as well. 1 1/2 to 2 cans a day for God knows how long. I'm on day 453 and like Cope30 said, I have to agree with him that I do think about it as well. I look at it like this, we used for so long we didn't think about not having it, hell we thought then that we had to have a can nearby. So it's just etched in our brains for right now. Although I have thoughts of the evil weed, the thought goes through my brain rather quickly. Thankfully it's just a thought and not an action. Hang in there, you are doing a great job. Proud to quit with you.
Jenny and Tom Kern

RIP My Brother!

Offline Cope30

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-08-16
  • Interests: Hunting and Fishing!http://forum.killthecan.org/topic/11504909/
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2016, 03:02:00 PM »
So I am on day 50 today, been a hard road to get here but nonetheless I am here nic free for 1200 hrs. A lot has happened since my last post, a couple more long road trips that will test any quitters resolve, drama from just being alive and of course many good things...Funny thing about dipping is that it didn't matter, good or bad thing, I wanted to take a dip to drown the bad or celebrate the good.
On one of those road trips I spent time with my niece, she has been my hunting buddy since she was 11, now she's 20 and getting ready to go on her first hunting trip without me :'( . I am very sad, selfish sad, but still proud of her and wish her well, she will be back at my side I'm sure, I have a lot of big animals out here and I think she thinks its like that everywhere...lol
Anyway, since she was about 14 she was chewing, and it just kills me, literally, kills me. I am so sad that she watched me all those years filling my face with that shit, now she is addicted to it as well. Of course when I talk to her about quitting she laughs, jokes and just plain don't want to quit....I know, she has to want it. I pray daily that day is coming soon. My wife says its not my fault, there were other influences in her life, but in my heart I know that I had a hand in her addiction.

Last night, the night before my 50, I was getting ready to make a delicious Antelope tenderloin dinner, as I was digging around in the freezer what do you think I found...A brand new shiny can of Cope Long Cut. Since my quit I have not even held a can of dip, the fake yes, but not the real.
I'm telling you, it F'ed me up real bad, I stood there looking at the can in the freezer till the freezer started beeping at me to close the door, that's what brought me out of my trance. I quickly shut the door, and started pacing the floor, I was the only one home at this point, after a few minutes I thought OK, I can handle this, I will open it and flush It. Not, I picked it up and just holding it felt good, the paper body and the metal top..ooh yeah, I then broke the seal with my thumbnail completely circling the can, and I thought boy it would be good to open it and smell it, but I just couldn't do it. I threw it back in the freezer and texted for some support, luckily I got it quick and the texts went back and forth long enough that finally the wife got home, when she walked in she knew something was wrong with me, I told her about the demon hiding in the freezer and she quickly grabbed it out and walked it outside and dumped it.
I was saved by my wife and by people I have never met in person from KTC. If I wouldn't have had them I am sure I would have caved.
I have been fairly cocky with my quit, overall it has not been torturous and for that I'm thankful, but after last night I realize that I have a lot of work to do and my resolve to my brothers and sisters at KTC must stay strong.
I'm a little late on the congrats, but Congrats on the quit.
I'm 446 day in and thinks about taking a dip every day and this time of year is ever harder with hunting like yourself.
I was a 30+ year dipper and if I had not found this site, I would still be putting that poison in my mouth and enjoying every minute of it.
It really hit me hard after I quit, anxiety, depression and depersonalization, that really screwed up, thought I was going crazy.

If you ever need to chat, HMU, I'll be more than happy to talk with you.

Cope30 - 446
2 Timothy 1:7 - For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

HOF 11/24/15 Zombroski Nymphos
1st Floor 11-24-15
2nd Floor 3-3-16
3rd Floor 6-11-16
4th Floor 9-19-16
5th Floor 12-27-16
6th Floor 4-7-17

http://forum.killthecan.org/topic/11504909/

http://www.panicend.com/de.html

Offline Prohunter

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2016, 03:42:00 PM »
So I am on day 50 today, been a hard road to get here but nonetheless I am here nic free for 1200 hrs. A lot has happened since my last post, a couple more long road trips that will test any quitters resolve, drama from just being alive and of course many good things...Funny thing about dipping is that it didn't matter, good or bad thing, I wanted to take a dip to drown the bad or celebrate the good.
On one of those road trips I spent time with my niece, she has been my hunting buddy since she was 11, now she's 20 and getting ready to go on her first hunting trip without me :'( . I am very sad, selfish sad, but still proud of her and wish her well, she will be back at my side I'm sure, I have a lot of big animals out here and I think she thinks its like that everywhere...lol
Anyway, since she was about 14 she was chewing, and it just kills me, literally, kills me. I am so sad that she watched me all those years filling my face with that shit, now she is addicted to it as well. Of course when I talk to her about quitting she laughs, jokes and just plain don't want to quit....I know, she has to want it. I pray daily that day is coming soon. My wife says its not my fault, there were other influences in her life, but in my heart I know that I had a hand in her addiction.

Last night, the night before my 50, I was getting ready to make a delicious Antelope tenderloin dinner, as I was digging around in the freezer what do you think I found...A brand new shiny can of Cope Long Cut. Since my quit I have not even held a can of dip, the fake yes, but not the real.
I'm telling you, it F'ed me up real bad, I stood there looking at the can in the freezer till the freezer started beeping at me to close the door, that's what brought me out of my trance. I quickly shut the door, and started pacing the floor, I was the only one home at this point, after a few minutes I thought OK, I can handle this, I will open it and flush It. Not, I picked it up and just holding it felt good, the paper body and the metal top..ooh yeah, I then broke the seal with my thumbnail completely circling the can, and I thought boy it would be good to open it and smell it, but I just couldn't do it. I threw it back in the freezer and texted for some support, luckily I got it quick and the texts went back and forth long enough that finally the wife got home, when she walked in she knew something was wrong with me, I told her about the demon hiding in the freezer and she quickly grabbed it out and walked it outside and dumped it.
I was saved by my wife and by people I have never met in person from KTC. If I wouldn't have had them I am sure I would have caved.
I have been fairly cocky with my quit, overall it has not been torturous and for that I'm thankful, but after last night I realize that I have a lot of work to do and my resolve to my brothers and sisters at KTC must stay strong.