Author Topic: Quit 9/14  (Read 1996 times)

Offline Prohunter

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Interests: Hunting, fishing and quittin everday...
  • Likes Given: 4
Re: Quit 9/14
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2016, 06:20:00 PM »
3 weeks without a dip (woohooo), it don't seem that long but sure enough it is. I dipped for 25 years, for me, my quit was not premeditated or thought through, I just quit when I received the fake stuff in the mail and found you guys. After 3 weeks the fog has lessened and my thinking is much better, now I think about my new life, what I mean is that there are people, hobbies and career that I never knew without a dip in. My wife has never known me without a dip, my daughter has never known me without a dip, I am a fishing and hunting guide-my own business that I started 18 years ago, and yes always with a dip. This last week I went out on my first couple hunting trips and had great success, my wife shot a giant Antelope and I got one of my biggest Mulies ever, that always called for a celebratory dip and my old buddy, that was always with me, was absent.
So instead of caving, I reached out to a couple guys on here with pics and a little celebratory texting...it worked.

I suppose its hard to say goodbye to an old friend that was always there for you, and for 25 years it was part of me, part of who I was and even as ridiculous as it sounds, in my mind I was more of a rough, outdoors "man" for doing it.

I'm not a pussy, never have been, I could go through all the reasons I am not and give countless examples of why I'm not, but maybe, just maybe, I was just a little bit of a pussy if I needed a can of this catshit to reinforce to myself and everyone around me that I was a "man".

Sadly, as the fog has left me, what I think about is as being a outfitter and guide, all the kids that have possibly looked up to me as a role model, and 1 of the things that I may have passed to them is this filthy addiction. I was never a closet dipper, it was always splayed loud and proud for everyone to know about, you know its a "manly" thing... what an ass hole I was.

So I need to say goodbye to a few things:
"The Lucky Dip"-Some of you know this one, take a dip when you want your luck to change, I used this one a lot fishing.
"The Celebratory Dip"-Self explanatory.
"The Stress Dip"-Again, self explanatory.

I used these 3 a lot in my life as reasons to dip, it was calming, familiar and to many of my great clients, it was expected. They would ask if I have my "lucky dip" in if things are slow...lol.

I proved to myself this last week with a couple of great and really memorable hunts that I can do this without my old friend in a can, and all I really need is my family at home and my family at KTC.

Thank you all.

Offline JGlav

• Master of Quit
  • Interests: Quit Date: 9/05/15
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2016, 05:24:00 PM »
Quote from: Idaho
Quote from: Prohunter
Day 15 for me today, really am amazed that it's been 2 weeks without a dip. I wanted to share a quick story, Friday afternoon we had a weekend planned in Vail Colorado, this was a 6 hour drive through really bad traffic and then snow in the mountains .. Lots of stress and boy did I want to stop and get a stress reliever dip! I stayed strong with help from this site.
Saturday for the most part was good, but at dinner Saturday night a guy sat close to me and he was strong of cope, I could smell it like I was a bloodhound! We started visiting and after introductions I came out and asked him if he dips, without hesitation he answered yes and pulled out his can and placed it on my leg... He believed I was asking to bum a chew, anyway at first I panicked a bit, but honestly it was very easy to give it right back to him and tell him I was in quit mode, I never ever thought this would be me writing this 15 day success story, there is still a long way to go but all of you have inspired, motivated and kept me a man of my word.

I am quit, special thanks to Bob and fish Florida for there help
Good win! Be ready the Nic bitch is sneaky and will always be lurking..
Another great victory Prohunter. Keep posting roll every damn day and keep your word. Just one day/one victory at a time. Way to recognize the small victories.
Be proud of those and let them be foremost in your quit. Power of positive thinking brother!!. Proud to quit with you today!

Offline Idaho Spuds

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: August 18, 2014
  • Interests: Family, Soccer, fishing, hunting, camping
  • Likes Given: 71
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2016, 02:32:00 PM »
Day 15 for me today, really am amazed that it's been 2 weeks without a dip. I wanted to share a quick story, Friday afternoon we had a weekend planned in Vail Colorado, this was a 6 hour drive through really bad traffic and then snow in the mountains .. Lots of stress and boy did I want to stop and get a stress reliever dip! I stayed strong with help from this site.
Saturday for the most part was good, but at dinner Saturday night a guy sat close to me and he was strong of cope, I could smell it like I was a bloodhound! We started visiting and after introductions I came out and asked him if he dips, without hesitation he answered yes and pulled out his can and placed it on my leg... He believed I was asking to bum a chew, anyway at first I panicked a bit, but honestly it was very easy to give it right back to him and tell him I was in quit mode, I never ever thought this would be me writing this 15 day success story, there is still a long way to go but all of you have inspired, motivated and kept me a man of my word.

Good win! Be ready the Nic bitch is sneaky and will always be lurking..

Offline Prohunter

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2016, 01:38:00 PM »

Offline Steakbomb18

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/13/2013
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2016, 05:00:00 PM »
Lots of triggers today!

Went and sighted in bows and rifles today, usually a big dip is in order. Did not cave.

On the way back, I realized I'm almost out of smokey mountain...freaked out.

As I'm going in the front door of local mart, it hits me that I have to be right in the belly of the beast. Cuz the smokey mountain is in the same spot as ol' cope long cut. Freaked out.

Did not cave.

Small victories throughout the day is all I'm asking for.
8 days in and now you're starting to see the little victories that you chalk up along the way as you tally another victorious day next to your name. This is no small feat and I, for one, am damn happy for you. Keep logging all of the shit you're working through right now - a.k.a. "the suck". I promise you it will get better and I also promise you that there will be a point you can look back at that "suck" and appreciate it for what it is. Its an experience that you never want to go through again - and all the reason you'll never want to go back to the can.

There's one catch to all that promising...you have to post roll. Every freakin' day; because your life depends on it. If you post roll, and hold true to your word - quitting will be the best thing that ever happened to you. You can take that to the bank.
Certified Grade A Badass

Offline Prohunter

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2016, 03:43:00 PM »
Lots of triggers today!

Went and sighted in bows and rifles today, usually a big dip is in order. Did not cave.

On the way back, I realized I'm almost out of smokey mountain...freaked out.

As I'm going in the front door of local mart, it hits me that I have to be right in the belly of the beast. Cuz the smokey mountain is in the same spot as ol' cope long cut. Freaked out.

Did not cave.

Small victories throughout the day is all I'm asking for.

Offline Richard K

• Admin (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • Bald headed, vertically challenged leaping gnome
  • Quit Date: 28-Mar-2016
  • Interests: All Pittsburgh sports!! and my family
  • Likes Given: 790
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2016, 10:29:00 AM »
Wow, when does the cold sweats start to go away... Need better deodorant perhaps?
I thought I was going through manopause for at least a month. It does get better though, always remember, this too shall pass. IQWYT!!
FLOOR.. 1..2..3..4..5..6..7..8..9..10..11..12...13..14..15..16..17..18..19

It is very simple! We quit for today! We wake up! Do it again tomorrow!! One day at a time!
We walk in each others quit shoes, it may be a little different but ultimately the same exact thing

"Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers."

Offline CavMan83

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-10
  • Interests: Bass Fishing, music, all things motorsports, National Defense
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2016, 08:26:00 PM »
Wow, when does the cold sweats start to go away... Need better deodorant perhaps?
Each person's a bit different, but for the first five days I didn't sleep worth a damn. Woke up every night in a soaked T-shirt and cold sweat. But it DOES get better. Just keep plugging away at it one day at a time. Wake-up, Piss, Post Roll, honor that post, and repeat. Simple. Not easy. But simple. Quit with you today.

Offline Prohunter

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2016, 05:17:00 PM »

Offline Idaho Spuds

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: August 18, 2014
  • Interests: Family, Soccer, fishing, hunting, camping
  • Likes Given: 71
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2016, 05:06:00 PM »
I think I just posted roll, trying to figure it all out in a fog is harder than I thought.
The only way to mess up roll is to not be on it...
Welcome to freedom, see you each day!
Spuds

Offline Prohunter

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2016, 01:16:00 PM »
I think I just posted roll, trying to figure it all out in a fog is harder than I thought.

Offline RDB

• Quit Spartan
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date 1/22/16
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2016, 01:13:00 PM »
Welcome.

It looks like you tried to post roll in the December group? Go to the Welcome Center and learn how to post roll. Posting roll is the backbone to the site, and is your ticket to a boatload of support.

I used for about 25 years myself. I've been calling it 24 1/2 years, but it probably rounds to 25 rather than 24. Splitting hairs.

Anyway, it will suck before it gets better. But, better is better than you can imagine right now.

Just refuse to cave. Reach out to others. Check your PM box in the upper right of your screen for a message from me.

But, when it comes down to it, there is no magic. Post your promise to not use nicotine in any form by posting roll. Keep your word. Refuse to cave. Be stronger than the can. Reach out for help when you need to.

Proud to quit with you.

I see you figured out Roll. Congrats.

Offline Prohunter

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
Quit 9/14
« on: September 19, 2016, 01:02:00 PM »
I was not enjoying it the way I used to, it was starting to bother me a bit...constantly needing to have a pinch in. The quit was not "planned" really, I ordered some smokey mountain from amazon and it arrived on 9/14 at around noon. I spit out my Cope and through it away the rest and started with the fake stuff. Been nic free since, I have "quit" before, 3-4 days but went back to it thinking I was victorious cause I quit for 3-4 days...lol.
Wow was I wrong, this is day 6, longest I have went without it in 25 years, cold sweats, hot flashes, confusion and fog, irritated with everything, nervous, jittery...etc.

'Finger' Cope Long Cut