Author Topic: Never to late  (Read 3248 times)

Offline pky1520

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: May 2, 2016
  • Interests: Hunting, fishing
  • Likes Given: 88
Re: Never to late
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2016, 11:48:00 AM »
Hell yeah Seth! Glad you have decided to jump in and show that it's never too late to add some real value.

Keep it coming brother!

Offline Backwoods901

• Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 0
Never to late
« on: August 28, 2016, 11:10:00 AM »
Damn, I realize i never posted an Intro on here.

My names is Seth, I reside in North eastern NC, I have 4 kids under 7 who keep me busy on a regular basis and with being in the Coast guard My off time is dedicated to them. I have been quit since January 7th 2016 it hit me while i stuffed my face at work one night that i was dwindling My life away by stuffing my face i walked into the bathroom flushed the can and walked away without looking back. It has been a tough ride and will be there have been weekends where i feel like i just need to throw a lip in but that's where the contacts come into place and trolling on this site. I believe accountability is key and it goes from the newest member to the oldest and this is why we all need to place ourselves out there for the new guys.

I personally was done after 100 then i was talked into 200 and i almost failed at that, then I realized if i can scroll through facebook i could actually dedicate myself to this site and doing something useful with my time, so I gave up facebook and came here instead. It has been the most rewarding thing I could do and it has helped me in My own quit. Now I realize why vets are constantly pissed at some new guys because we all acted like no one ever went through this and it was to hard. We were the kids in the checkout line at the store screaming I want candy now, we had no patience to let the time help us in our quit. Dedicating ourselves to this site and letting time take the rest has been the biggest key. I no longer thing about chew anymore I have my focus on checking here and seeing if anyone else needs help. It has become a passion of mine to help anyone who needs it on here and to assist in this battle because I want to return what was given to me.

With that i would like to thank Cornholio personally he has been there for me from the start and he has constantly shown dedication to helping me with anything i needed and was always available if i needed it. he sent me this PM when i was ready to be done and was thinking about heading to the C-store and calling it quits.

"I am going to make this quit happen harder then anyrhing else I have done in life and am ready for the next chapter without a can in my pocket or late night runs to the gas station for a can. No more drinking coffee with a chew in I'm done. I will be posting in roll call everyday and insuring I make this happen. I will be a quitter"

Do it man. Go ALL IN. Fight, Fight, Fight for the first 100. Give it EVERYTHING you have. You want to beat the living shit out of nic. Shock and awe approach.
It will not have to be that way forever. Although you will need to remind yourself that you're an addict and as tempting as it may be later to have just one, you just have to remember you can't have that one.

But that's the future. Right now you're in the ring and fighting hard. Find some additional weapons to bring to the fight. You are in to kill, not hurt.

There's two things you can do to put some serious injury on nic
1. Post up every day first thing. Wake, piss, roll. Start your day with a battle cry.
2. swap numbers

Push hard now and you'll be very glad you did.

Let's do this!
Mike

From then on i knew i had to not get complacent and here i am, So for any newbies out there reach out it may be the best decision you make in your quit I know if it wasn't for Mike i would of been posting a Day 1 again and would be going through the hell and disappointment in myself for not using what was put in front of me.

-Seth
9/6/2016