Author Topic: Relief at last  (Read 1731 times)

Offline Spence249

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Relief at last
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2014, 12:14:00 PM »
day 30 update

Sitting here at my desk at work, typing away and realized that I never even had a thought of stopping at the convenient store on my way to work this morning. Feels pretty damn good.

So much has changed in 30 days. Physically, my mouth feels better. My gums use to be sore but that pain is gone. Still have to make a trip to the dentist to get fully checked out and cleaned. Damn I can't stand the dentist.

One thing that really pisses me off, is how I used to let the nic bitch control so much of my life. Looking back, it's pretty fucked up. It feels so good not having to think about shit like, do I have enough chew to get me thru the day? I remember making up excuses on why I needed to run to the grocery store at 11:00 at night, just to go get dip.

I used to stay up well after everyone else went to bed, actually anticipating everyone going to bed, just so I could have a peaceful, quiet moment with the nic bitch. That's fucked up considering I could have been laying in bed with my wife! That being said, I've been to bed earlier lately and feel so much better.

I know we need to take this one day at a time, but I'm really looking forward to this summer. I can't wait to go swimming and play golf without having to be a ninja. Maybe without having to spit before every shot, my golf game will improve. Doubtful, but at least it will be one less distraction running thru my brain. The only thing that can fix my hook is a fishing pole!

I haven't been the most active person on this website in terms of posting, but I have read everything that I can find. This site is in some ways, a social media site for quitters. I get this site, i just don't understand other social media sites like Facebook. Actually, i just don't understand the fascination with other people's business. Who gives a fuck that you went to the mall or whatever. What I'm getting at is, I appreciate this site tremendously because we all share mostly meaningful stuff about each other. Sometimes you need to hear some crazy shit like one of Slug.go's tree-top-flying stories, but mostly we talk about quitting and how it affects our lives. I thank all of you for that. It really helps to know that so many people are going thru or have gone thru the same shit.

Quit on ya bunch of quitters.

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2014, 02:09:00 PM »
Quote from: traumagnet
Quote from: derk40
Quote from: sh4string
Quote from: spence249
Day 17 and still QLF.

Couldn't sleep last night so I read a bunch of older introductions.  One thing that caught my attention was how some people used their intro as a journal or their quit.  I really liked reading about the progress people saw in themselves during the quit and the fact that they could look back and see what they were thinking at any point.  So her it goes.

It's amazing, how much we are creatures of habit.  We do shit enough, over and over again, it becomes a part of a routine.  Just like I used to wake up, kiss my daughters, make them breakfast and put in a chew.  Then on my way to work, I would check my supply and head to the convenient store before heading to work.

This morning, I woke up, kissed my girls, made them breakfast and put in a Smokey Mountain.  Left for work, and for some reason, before I knew it, I was at the convenient store.  I sat there in the parking lot dumbfounded.  Why was I here and what the fuck am I doing?  Never even got out of my car, but thought it was weird how my mind told me to drive there.

I feel great, physically, but sometimes, i just kinda.......space out.

Speaking of spacing out, I need to get back to work.  More updates to follow, if I can remember.........
You are doing great!!! Enjoy the good days, be prepared for the bad . The nic bitch is very very sneaky. Post roll every day, keep your promise, and repeat. Never again for any reason one day at a time.
Congrats on 17 days quit! That is awesome my friend.

The power of keeping a quit diary in your intro can't be minimized. I read thru mine as I hit significant milestones to remember how far I have come. The key is you can never forget day 1 and why you came here.

Doing stuff like you did... rolling into a C-store and spacing out is part of this process. Your brain is re-wiring and it will take time. You will not be fixed in 17 days. You still sound a bit foggy. Nice job leaving the parking lot and just moving on. That is a huge victory.

Keep at it today. You are a free man! Quit with you all day long.
Nice realized corrected and moved on. Derk is right post to your thread especially in the beginning and never forget day 1. Keep doing what you are doing adding +1's and soon you will be taking on new challenges of being quit.
Nice work bro keep it up
Nice. 17 days is still definitely a big fighting period. Keep it up. You are a quitter!
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2014, 02:02:00 PM »
Quote from: derk40
Day 17 and still QLF.

Couldn't sleep last night so I read a bunch of older introductions.  One thing that caught my attention was how some people used their intro as a journal or their quit.  I really liked reading about the progress people saw in themselves during the quit and the fact that they could look back and see what they were thinking at any point.  So her it goes.

It's amazing, how much we are creatures of habit.  We do shit enough, over and over again, it becomes a part of a routine.  Just like I used to wake up, kiss my daughters, make them breakfast and put in a chew.  Then on my way to work, I would check my supply and head to the convenient store before heading to work.

This morning, I woke up, kissed my girls, made them breakfast and put in a Smokey Mountain.  Left for work, and for some reason, before I knew it, I was at the convenient store.  I sat there in the parking lot dumbfounded.  Why was I here and what the fuck am I doing?  Never even got out of my car, but thought it was weird how my mind told me to drive there.

Speaking of spacing out, I need to get back to work.  More updates to follow, if I can remember.........
You are doing great!!! Enjoy the good days, be prepared for the bad . The nic bitch is very very sneaky. Post roll every day, keep your promise, and repeat. Never again for any reason one day at a time.

The power of keeping a quit diary in your intro can't be minimized. I read thru mine as I hit significant milestones to remember how far I have come. The key is you can never forget day 1 and why you came here.

Doing stuff like you did... rolling into a C-store and spacing out is part of this process. Your brain is re-wiring and it will take time. You will not be fixed in 17 days. You still sound a bit foggy. Nice job leaving the parking lot and just moving on. That is a huge victory.

Nice realized corrected and moved on. Derk is right post to your thread especially in the beginning and never forget day 1. Keep doing what you are doing adding +1's and soon you will be taking on new challenges of being quit.
Nice work bro keep it up
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2014, 01:16:00 PM »
Day 17 and still QLF.

Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

Offline Emulator

• Quitter
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2014, 01:13:00 PM »
Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it, this is why I kept/keep my journal of quit in my intro. I quit with you today bro... ODAAT NAFAR
ODAAT NAFAR QFL

D-Day 1/1/14
HOF 4/10/2014
2nd Floor July 19, 2014
3rd Floor October 27, 2014

My HoF Speech: http://forum.killthecan.org/topic/10229741/1/#new
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000243565739

Offline Sh4string

• Quitter
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 10/21/2013
  • Interests: Family, Hunting, fishing, outdoors, triathlon
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2014, 01:03:00 PM »
Day 17 and still QLF.

Couldn't sleep last night so I read a bunch of older introductions. One thing that caught my attention was how some people used their intro as a journal or their quit. I really liked reading about the progress people saw in themselves during the quit and the fact that they could look back and see what they were thinking at any point. So her it goes.

It's amazing, how much we are creatures of habit. We do shit enough, over and over again, it becomes a part of a routine. Just like I used to wake up, kiss my daughters, make them breakfast and put in a chew. Then on my way to work, I would check my supply and head to the convenient store before heading to work.

This morning, I woke up, kissed my girls, made them breakfast and put in a Smokey Mountain. Left for work, and for some reason, before I knew it, I was at the convenient store. I sat there in the parking lot dumbfounded. Why was I here and what the fuck am I doing? Never even got out of my car, but thought it was weird how my mind told me to drive there.

Speaking of spacing out, I need to get back to work. More updates to follow, if I can remember.........
Quitting every damn day since October 21, 2013

Offline Spence249

• Quitter
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2014, 12:45:00 PM »
Day 17 and still QLF.

Couldn't sleep last night so I read a bunch of older introductions. One thing that caught my attention was how some people used their intro as a journal or their quit. I really liked reading about the progress people saw in themselves during the quit and the fact that they could look back and see what they were thinking at any point. So her it goes.

It's amazing, how much we are creatures of habit. We do shit enough, over and over again, it becomes a part of a routine. Just like I used to wake up, kiss my daughters, make them breakfast and put in a chew. Then on my way to work, I would check my supply and head to the convenient store before heading to work.

This morning, I woke up, kissed my girls, made them breakfast and put in a Smokey Mountain. Left for work, and for some reason, before I knew it, I was at the convenient store. I sat there in the parking lot dumbfounded. Why was I here and what the fuck am I doing? Never even got out of my car, but thought it was weird how my mind told me to drive there.

Speaking of spacing out, I need to get back to work. More updates to follow, if I can remember.........

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2014, 11:20:00 PM »
So good to see all the brotherhood of new quitters joining in the fight together!
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline indianacop

• Quitter
    • www.facebook.com
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2014, 08:46:00 PM »
Glad to have you here! Great job on 1 week! Hey, we're all here and in this together, so if you need anything at all, feel free to get a hold of me man!
Quit Date ~ 3/7/2014
Own it or be owned.
One day at a time.

Offline slinger

• Quitter
  • Interests: My wife and two sons, sports, hunting, fishing, and quitting.
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2014, 08:18:00 PM »
Hey Spence, congrats on getting that first week under your belt. That's huge. Quitting with you today.
We are what we repeatedly do. ~ Aristotle

Quit or get off the pot, Sally. ~ Diesel2112

The way I see it, you can either post roll daily or fuck off. ~ jost2brown

Bam! Right in the ass! ~ MonsterEMT

Quit Date: 3/4/14
HOF Date: 6/11/14
2nd Floor: 9/19/14
HOF Speech

Offline mb289

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2/17/2014
  • Interests: Motorcycling, camping and welding
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2014, 03:39:00 PM »
Nice job on 7 day quit! It does get easier...really. Post roll everyday ODAAT.

mb289

Offline mich 34

• Quit Pro
    • www.facebook.com
  • Interests: reading, hunting, fishing, above all - spending time with the wife and kids (when they are being good!!)
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2014, 02:47:00 PM »
Quote from: E&C's
My first day posting here. Day 2 of no nic bitch. I am in Ohio also and feel your pain on the Browns. My number is in your box if you need it. I can relate to everything you just said! We got this.
'clap'
that's great to see - nice work quitters, keep it up.
my intro
QD 07-19-2012
Group - Roctober Madmen Post with some Madmen (and women)
HOF 10-27-12 HOF Speech
2nd Floor 2-4-13, 3rd Floor 5-15-13
1 year of freedom - 7-19-2013. Thank you KTC
4th Floor 8-23-13, 5th Floor 12-1-13, 6th Floor 3-11-14, 7th Floor 6-19-14, 8th Floor 9-27-14, 9th Floor 1-5-15

E&C's Dad

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2014, 02:45:00 PM »
My first day posting here. Day 2 of no nic bitch. I am in Ohio also and feel your pain on the Browns. My number is in your box if you need it. I can relate to everything you just said! We got this.

Offline mich 34

• Quit Pro
    • www.facebook.com
  • Interests: reading, hunting, fishing, above all - spending time with the wife and kids (when they are being good!!)
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2014, 02:02:00 PM »
nice work on 12 days - my digits are headed your way, check your inbox
my intro
QD 07-19-2012
Group - Roctober Madmen Post with some Madmen (and women)
HOF 10-27-12 HOF Speech
2nd Floor 2-4-13, 3rd Floor 5-15-13
1 year of freedom - 7-19-2013. Thank you KTC
4th Floor 8-23-13, 5th Floor 12-1-13, 6th Floor 3-11-14, 7th Floor 6-19-14, 8th Floor 9-27-14, 9th Floor 1-5-15

Offline MCO

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-03-14
  • Interests: Shooting, hunting, fishing, videogames, women, etc.
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2014, 01:59:00 PM »
Congrats on the quit Spence,

I just started day 7 as well so I can definitely feel your pain, but 12 days is a HELL of an accomplishment so pat yourself on the back. If you ever need anything send me a pm. You'll be in the June group with me :D .

I quit with you today.

Mike aka MCO
Quit: 3/14/2014
HOF: 6/21/2014
Quitting with The Saloon and The Elite 8!!
If you are reading this; I quit with you today.