Author Topic: Relief at last  (Read 1730 times)

Offline MonsterMedic

• Master of Quit
  • Proud member of the June 2014 Quit Saloon
  • Quit Date: 03.02.14
  • Likes Given: 260
Re: Relief at last
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2014, 01:09:00 PM »
Quote from: Bean
"...probably not making any sense...?!!!" Are you kidding me? You just described me...and almost everyone else on this site! (Except that I have a boy and a girl...and we didn't go to Disney last week).

ONE WEEK IS HUGE!!! Congrats, brotha!!! Click on the Welcome Center link above. Learn how and why we post roll. Then do it...everyday.

Quitting is done ONE DAY AT A TIME. Yesterday is gone...forget it. And tomorrow isn't here yet. We'll deal with tomorrow, next week, next month/year when they get here. All you have to do is focus on being nic-free today...this 5 minutes.

Post roll, keep your word, live nic free.

Also, read the Tom  Jenny Kern story.

YOU CAN DO THIS!!!
Congrats on a week! Keep pressing on. Quit One Day At A Time!!
"Frank Pierce: Saving someone's life is like falling in love. The best drug in the world." - Bringing Out The Dead

Quit Date: 03-02-2014
HOF: 06-09-2014
3K and counting

Offline Bean

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2014, 12:30:00 PM »
"...probably not making any sense...?!!!" Are you kidding me? You just described me...and almost everyone else on this site! (Except that I have a boy and a girl...and we didn't go to Disney last week).

ONE WEEK IS HUGE!!! Congrats, brotha!!! Click on the Welcome Center link above. Learn how and why we post roll. Then do it...everyday.

Quitting is done ONE DAY AT A TIME. Yesterday is gone...forget it. And tomorrow isn't here yet. We'll deal with tomorrow, next week, next month/year when they get here. All you have to do is focus on being nic-free today...this 5 minutes.

Post roll, keep your word, live nic free.

Also, read the Tom  Jenny Kern story.

YOU CAN DO THIS!!!

Offline Spence249

• Quitter
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2014, 12:15:00 PM »
Not sure where to start so here it goes.

I'm almost 43 years old, I have a beautiful wife and 2 amazing little girls. I had been chewing Skoal for honestly, I don't know how long. Started in high school, quit a little during college( i think, college was pretty much a drunken blur for the 1st 2 years). All total, probably 20 years of the shit. All the while, knowing it was toxic to both my health and relationships.
I woke up one morning, started making breakfast for my 2 little girls, threw in a dip and ended up looking at myself in the mirror and asking myself why. Why in the hell am I PAYING $$ for something that is going to shorten the time I get to spend with my girls? We went to Disney last week in Florida. Before we got on the plane, I said goodbye to the nic bitch once and for all. The $$ I have spent on something that kills people is both astounding and revolting at the same time. The first week of quitting for me was actually pretty easy because we were on vacation and I was out of my routine. The only thing that was hard was seeing how expensive shit is at Disney and thinking about how I could have bought my girls ANYTHING they wanted, had I not spent $3.00 to $3.50 a can, 1.5 cans a day on Skoal.

Fuck, I'm rambling and probably not making alot of sense but there is so much shit going thru my head right now.

I am tired of the bullshit that comes with chewing... did I leave a spitter out where my wife or kids are going to find it? did I spit in a sink and forget to rinse the shit down? I dreaded whenever my wife had to use my truck....is there a spitter under the seat that I missed, an empty tin, flakes of chew on the seats, carpet, console??
Being paranoid about that shit should have been a sign to me, but for some reason I kept buying the shit. I'm done! I'm done killing myself with that shit and done hiding and worrying about not covering my tracks. How much more time and $$ am I going to have after quitting this shit? Who knows, but anytime is better than the alternative.
Reading posts on this site has been an incredible experience. It's amazing to read some of the shit that people have gone thru. Alot of it is like looking in a mirror and that's some scary shit.

I am just such a different person that I was on Saturday, March 8th at 9:00am when I took my last chew. I can't believe how much better I feel physically and relieved mentally that I no longer have to hide anything.

I'm so thankful I found this site. Thank you.

Please PM me if you want to share numbers or have any questions.
Also, are there any Browns fans here? I unfortunately have been a season ticket holder since they came back in '99. Talk about a fucking waste of $$!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Spence249

• Quitter
Relief at last
« on: March 20, 2014, 12:15:00 PM »