Author Topic: Quitting For Real  (Read 1169 times)

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
Re: Quitting For Real
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2015, 01:08:00 PM »
Quote from: Thumblewort
Quitting sucks - until it doesn't. Then it is remarkable. We have all been on Day 1, and if I can do it, so can you. Allow me to pull the ace from my old man sleeve, because I want young quitters like you to stay quit. I spent $30,000+ in 17 years of using chew. So if you truly cheap as you say, invest the money you used for dip, and when you are my age (45), buy yourself sometime really nice.

Post roll, get some numbers from other quitters, and hang on tightly the next few days.
Holy shit t-wort 38 years upwards 60-70k on my! Blomaru this ain't about money its about being young healthy living life to its fullest without the nic bitch! Listen to these guys read all you can in here and post roll ever day!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2015, 11:59:00 AM »
Quote from: Thumblewort
Quitting sucks - until it doesn't. Then it is remarkable. We have all been on Day 1, and if I can do it, so can you. Allow me to pull the ace from my old man sleeve, because I want young quitters like you to stay quit. I spent $30,000+ in 17 years of using chew. So if you truly cheap as you say, invest the money you used for dip, and when you are my age (45), buy yourself sometime really nice.

Post roll, get some numbers from other quitters, and hang on tightly the next few days.
Dammit T-Wort. You made me figure out what I spent in 26 years. Over 50K. and for what? Absolutely NOTHING!
Don't be dumbasses like us Bloomaru! Tough this out and make this your last true quit.

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2015, 10:21:00 AM »

Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline B-loMatt

• Quitter
  • Interests: Cooking, gameing, music, sports, the outdoors. Spending time with my family is my biggest hobby, I have two little girls who are my number 1 priority (for real now that I kicked nic out of my life)
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2015, 06:44:00 AM »
Day 1 is hell. Day 2 sucked worse for me, and day 3 was even worse. Quitting the super addictive nic bitch was one of the most difficult things any of us will ever do, but it gets so much better. You will have cravings for the poison for a while, and what worked for me was to get fucking enraged every time. Rage at the poison that will rob and kill you, rage at the soul-less drug pushers at big tobacco, and rage at the fact that you have been enslaved by the poison! Get yourself some sunflower seeds, some herbal dip, gum, candy, etc. and stuff it in your gob until the crave passes. Drink lots of water, exercise, beat your meat, and READ EVERYTHING ON KTC! You can do this.

Offline TLOC81

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-01-13
  • Interests: Quitting chewing tobacco for good
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2015, 11:40:00 PM »
Hey Bloomaru, I'm on my first day as well so I can't give the same informed advice as some of the HOF's but I can tell you that although each person experiences different levels of withdrawal I have yet to read a post of anyone claiming to be having a blast of a time quitting this bullshit drug. It's going to be a real bitch to quit.
I went and bought a bunch of hard sweet candies to jam in my mouth and found that staying busy is the best way to get over the cravings. Try working out as well. Not only does it pass the time but the endorphin's will make you feel better at least for a little while. I also drink bedtime tea that helps me get to sleep. Each day that goes by is a win and the withdrawals will become easier and easier to handle.

This will be one of the best decisions you can make so keep it up.
Tedx on addiction
Transcending addiction Tedx

Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world. I know because I've done it a thousand times. -Mark Twain

Offline Lours

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2015, 11:28:00 PM »
Bloom welcome to quit! Read up on the site and learn to post roll: forum/55560/ Don't worry about screwing it up and you can head there right now and post Day 1- you will be in the April 2015 Quit group. You're having some intense craves and take it one moment at a time but unlike watching your movie experience there is not the option of dropping your quit to go buy a can. Let's do this!

Offline Bloomaru

• Quit Date: 2019-01-01
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2015, 11:10:00 PM »
Sorry to post again within 3 minutes of my original post without a response, but it's important. Forgot to mention that I'm getting cravings every 30 seconds that are so powerful it makes my brain feel like it's oozing out of the pores of my face. I'm so constantly uncomfortable that I can hardly stand it. I want to chew so badly that I have taken up biting pencils and chewing gum, two of the stupidest things a human person can do. Seriously, I'm dying here. I want to get on the patch or chew Nicotine but I quit cold turkey and I'd feel so proud if it stayed that way.

Also, I'm cheap.

Seriously, I think I can do it cold turkey. Mental pain aside, I'm pretty sure this isn't so bad. I've kept a journal since I was 16 and after putting an entry in, I feel pretty great and really sober for about 2 hours. Also, there's nothing wrong with a man writing in a journal.

Anyway, thanks for reading. I could use some support and if you're offering it, I'l take it and thank you.

Offline Bloomaru

• Quit Date: 2019-01-01
Quitting For Real
« on: January 13, 2015, 11:00:00 PM »
It's been twice for me. I'm 21 years old as of November and I've chewed tobacco since I was 12 years old. My father wasn't particularly attentive, so it was easy to steal a pinch or pouch back then. But by the time I was 14, I was buying my own. I can't say what it's like elsewhere, but in Pittsburgh and Philadelphia, it's really easy to buy tobacco products as a minor.

I quit once when I was 17. There was a girl who I was really into who said that one of her biggest reservations about dating me was the chew, so I stopped. Gradually. After a month, I was totally off it. And in those days, from 14-17, I chewed about 1.5 cans a day.

But I picked it up again like 3 months later. Don't even know why. I was watching one of my favorite movies and randomly had the urge to chew. It was so intense that I dropped everything I was doing and drove to the gas station. I said it'd only be until the film was over but after that first can, I was hooked all over again.

I'm not gonna say that I'm powerless or that I had no control over my actions. Sentience and self-actualization unfortunately go hand-in-hand with addiction and generally poor behavior. I knew what I was doing and I knew I was completely addicted. Right now, as I'm typing this, I'd kill someone for a bit of nicotine.

But I now know, as a career-oriented, thoughtful and fully functional man, that I cannot do this and expect to be healthy. So after my regular pinch this morning, I made the decision to stop. I dumped the can's contents in the toilet and threw the can itself out my car window on some highway. I feel really good about quitting this time and I think it may finally work out. It's about the ninth time I've tried and hopefully the second SUCCESSFUL attempt. I feel like some support will really help. I can't talk to people around me because showing my face while revealing my feelings is basically Hell. But really, I think that this will help.

Sorry if this was rambling.