Author Topic: New to posting!  (Read 1258 times)

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: New to posting!
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2013, 09:03:00 AM »
Quote from: Radman
Quote from: LionHeartedGirl
Welcome!

The true beauty of this site is the individual "quit groups". They contain all the members who will hit Hall of Fame in their particular month. Because of your quit date, you will hit HOF in August, therefore you are in the August quit group. At the top of the page there is a Welcome Center (in red). Read that!!

These quit groups grow tight. We watch out for each other. We cheer each other on. And be damn certain we keep each other accountable. It's the heart of KTC and posting roll EVERY DAY is your promise to your quit group that you will not use nicotine today. It's also the price of admission.

Each group names itself. August are Bad Ass Quitters. Or Bad Gas. Or Big Ass. We have hecklers. It's what happens when you're as awesome as we are.

Welcome and see you on roll!
Another excellent support post from LHG. Perfect example of "getting involved".
Your armed with the information now so there is no reason not to post. It will save your quit, for sure!
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Family and friends. Other than that, anything outdoors....motorcycling, shooting, hunting, fishing, racing.
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2013, 08:27:00 AM »
Quote from: LionHeartedGirl
Welcome!

The true beauty of this site is the individual "quit groups". They contain all the members who will hit Hall of Fame in their particular month. Because of your quit date, you will hit HOF in August, therefore you are in the August quit group. At the top of the page there is a Welcome Center (in red). Read that!!

These quit groups grow tight. We watch out for each other. We cheer each other on. And be damn certain we keep each other accountable. It's the heart of KTC and posting roll EVERY DAY is your promise to your quit group that you will not use nicotine today. It's also the price of admission.

Each group names itself. August are Bad Ass Quitters. Or Bad Gas. Or Big Ass. We have hecklers. It's what happens when you're as awesome as we are.

Another excellent support post from LHG. Perfect example of "getting involved".

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Family and friends. Other than that, anything outdoors....motorcycling, shooting, hunting, fishing, racing.
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2013, 08:26:00 AM »
Welcome. These folks have summed it up pretty well. The groups are just a way of finding common ground. You'll be surrounded by people suffering the same stages of quit that you are. You'll also celebrate the 100-day milestone within the same month. You should be able to find some people with similarities to you. Reach out and get to know them. Make friends with them. Hold them accountable, and expect them to do the same. That's what works.

Shoot me a PM if you need anything.

Offline Jason Raiford

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2013, 06:15:00 PM »
What she said!

Offline Erussell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2013-04-30
  • Interests: Time with daughter. Anything outdoors.
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2013, 06:04:00 PM »
The premises of KTC is simple. We quit one day at a time. We post roll, roll is our promise to our brothers and sisters to not use nicotine in any form for any reason that day. Then we read and learn all we can to arm ourselves against our addiction. Plus we develop a support group with our group and others from the site. You can and are doing this. Take advantage of this site brother. I will quit with you every day man.
I would rather lose to a cheater than win as a cheater.

Offline LionHeartedGirl

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2013, 05:45:00 PM »
Welcome!

QUIT LIKE A GIRL!

Quit Date: 5/23/13
HOF: 8/30/13

Offline jayd41

• Quitter
  • Interests: Golf, basketball, anything related to Purdue! Boiler up! Friends and family
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2013, 05:45:00 PM »
It means you will hit your 100 day hall of fame day in august. And i love the enthusiasm, but we are more of a one day at a time...quit for today...tomorrow will take care of itself
Boy I sure could use a beer right about now!

Offline iizphilister

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Po Pimping
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2013, 05:44:00 PM »
Quote from: Moparfan112
I'm not sure what you mean I am with August? I quit in May. I'm confused, but I am never going to dip again you can count on that!
Let's get you rolling in the right direction. I am sending you a PM (personal message). You can access your email by clicking the link in the upper right hand corner that says Inbox.

You can do this. We'll get ya pointed in the right direction.
Quit date: 1/1/2013
H.O.F. April 10, 2013
2nd Floor July 19, 2013
3rd Floor Oct 28, 2013
4th Floor Feb 19, 2014
5th Floor May 15, 2014
6th Floor Aug 25, 2014
7th Floor Dec 11, 2014
8th Floor Mar 11, 2015
9th Floor June 16, 2015
Comma Town - 9/27/2015

"If I am not myself...... Who will be me?"
THIS is WHO we ARE!

"It's your choice to cave....I'd rather be shot!"

Offline Moparfan112

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 05:35:00 PM »
I'm not sure what you mean I am with August? I quit in May. I'm confused, but I am never going to dip again you can count on that!

Offline jayd41

• Quitter
  • Interests: Golf, basketball, anything related to Purdue! Boiler up! Friends and family
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 05:26:00 PM »
Well shit you made it through the physical withdrawals which suck balls....good job...here you will be asked to be accountable to your brothers and sisters in your quit group...i believe if i read you right you are with august. We post every day...if you miss, well lets just say you shouldn't miss. If you can honor your word you can stay quit...its that easy. Don't be a part time quitter....
Boy I sure could use a beer right about now!

Offline Moparfan112

New to posting!
« on: June 11, 2013, 05:22:00 PM »
Hey! I'm new to posting here (I was a can a day dipper) this site gave me the final push that I needed to quit. Today makes day 25 for me and I have previously never made it longer then 2 days without dipping. It all started in march when I noticed some swollen lymph nodes under my chin. I thought it was cancer for sure, but it turns out I had strep and a viral infection. After that cleared up I quit and quit for good. I have been to the dentist and everything looks good (he even used the uv light to look for signs of cancer). Unfortunately, I still have the swollen lymph nodes. So today I went to the doctor today and he thinks I am "perfectly health" but order blood work anyways. I will feel a lot better tomorrow when the blood work comes back. Either way, thanks for reading my post! I can not wait to make it to the HALL OF FAME!!