Author Topic: Well here I am  (Read 1857 times)

Offline rcohan

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Well here I am
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2015, 07:42:00 PM »
Been a rough afternoon and early evening but I'm making it. I'll post in roll call in the morning! Thanks guys. I can tell I'm going to need your help.

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2015, 06:38:00 PM »
Quote from: rcohan
Well here I am. My name is Rick. I've tried to quit many times. Mostly on my own. Probably my longest was about 4 months. I've wanted to quit thousands of times. I've been a secret dipper for about 30 years now. My wife would occasionally catch me. I'd say I'm sorry and quit for a day or so before going back at it. Yesterday morning, I woke up saying I was going to quit but until I actually took my last dip yesterday at lunch and then had nothing left in the can, I guess I really didn't believe that I could do it. I decided that I simply wasn't going to go buy any more. That way I would at least have to make an effort to satisfy the craving. It's been 24 hours and it seems that all I can think about is "I want a dip but I don't have any" which makes me kinda uneasy. Right now, I'm sucking on a piece of a paper towel with a drop of cinnamon oil on it just to get some sort of flavor in my mouth. Because it's been on my mind all day, I got out on the web and discovered the "Kill the Can" website. I started reading some of the posts and articles and, you know it was kinda refreshing to know that there were others that had already been through what I want to get through and there seemed to be a general desire to encourage and help others and I'm all about encouragement. I need positive reinforcement. I also read a posting on another web site where the wife was actually posting to get tips on how to get her husband to quit. One of the responses said that it was pretty much hopeless to try and make them quit and that it wasn't going to happen until he wanted to make it happen. I'd say that pretty much hits the nail on the head. I've decided that I want to quit. So today I quit for today. I'll worry about tomorrow when tomorrow comes.
Heck yeah! Get in here my friend! Together we can do this! Sounds like you have the right mind set! Get you some gum, candy, fake tobacco whatever it takes. Let's get this done! Been dipping 38 years hardest thing I've ever done but I can do this one day at a time and so can you with all this help here! Post roll EDD! ODAAT!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2015, 02:53:00 PM »
Quote from: rcohan
Thanks gentlemen. I found the welcome center and I'm reading it through.
Then go post roll here: topic/10990123/

Directions on posting roll are on the list page. Don't worry if you mess it up the first couple times.
Before long you will learn to do it while your pissing in the morning, with your mobile phone.

Congrats on a great decision.

I quit with you today.

Also: Track this Intro page... bottom right corner, so you will be informed when people are trying to quit with you.
I believe.....

Offline rcohan

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2015, 02:47:00 PM »
Thanks gentlemen. I found the welcome center and I'm reading it through.

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2015, 02:41:00 PM »
No more trying... You're here now.
We DO.

I say it all the time... Get involved and stay involved. Your quit is what you put into it and if you're all in... You got this. Own it and nothing will shake you. Immerse yourself in the Welcome Center to learn what, why, and how we do things here. Welcome to freedom, bro.
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2015, 02:14:00 PM »
You did nail it - you can only quit today, and worry about tomorrow then. That philosophy works. I would suggest reading the Welcome Center page, and learning how to post roll. Then ask some quitter s for some phone numbers - a timely text here and there saved my quit early on twice.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline rcohan

• Quitter
Well here I am
« on: March 19, 2015, 02:08:00 PM »
Well here I am. My name is Rick. I've tried to quit many times. Mostly on my own. Probably my longest was about 4 months. I've wanted to quit thousands of times. I've been a secret dipper for about 30 years now. My wife would occasionally catch me. I'd say I'm sorry and quit for a day or so before going back at it. Yesterday morning, I woke up saying I was going to quit but until I actually took my last dip yesterday at lunch and then had nothing left in the can, I guess I really didn't believe that I could do it. I decided that I simply wasn't going to go buy any more. That way I would at least have to make an effort to satisfy the craving. It's been 24 hours and it seems that all I can think about is "I want a dip but I don't have any" which makes me kinda uneasy. Right now, I'm sucking on a piece of a paper towel with a drop of cinnamon oil on it just to get some sort of flavor in my mouth. Because it's been on my mind all day, I got out on the web and discovered the "Kill the Can" website. I started reading some of the posts and articles and, you know it was kinda refreshing to know that there were others that had already been through what I want to get through and there seemed to be a general desire to encourage and help others and I'm all about encouragement. I need positive reinforcement. I also read a posting on another web site where the wife was actually posting to get tips on how to get her husband to quit. One of the responses said that it was pretty much hopeless to try and make them quit and that it wasn't going to happen until he wanted to make it happen. I'd say that pretty much hits the nail on the head. I've decided that I want to quit. So today I quit for today. I'll worry about tomorrow when tomorrow comes.

Update - Almost a year later now and I won't ever make the claim that the journey is easy. I still have cravings. Maybe not as intense but the thought comes to mind that a dip would be really nice right now and it probably would be except that the repercussions to doing so just aren't worth it. The June Goons would be all over me and I am thankful for that. They keep me on my toes. Of you are reading this and thinking about quitting, it is very much a personal challenge but when you take that challenge, you do so with a whole army of fellow quitters right there with you. I will be quitting the rest of my life but I'll never be quitting alone. Get yourself involved in the forums and reach out to someone before you grab the car keys to go to the corner station for a can.