Author Topic: The time is now  (Read 1011 times)

Offline CaliforniaSlim

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: The time is now
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2014, 03:29:00 PM »
A dedicated athlete can do this. YOu know the drive and determination you can muster when you need it. Gather it up. You will need it now. The good news, you have a whole team here at KTC to keeping you on track.
Welcome. Learn to post roll and get some numbers of folks in your quit group, or anywhere on KTC. YOu want one more? hit me up with a PM.

Offline dunlapsig

• Quitter
  • Interests: Being a newlywed, drinking beer, being on the lake, cars and football.
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2014, 01:25:00 PM »
Welcome to the site.

First order of business, elimiate the word "try" you either do or you do not. Come on here every morning, post roll and quit. You do quit with us every day, that is not an option. It is a commitment to us and for you to be held accountable each and every day.

We will support you and give you a kick in the ass when needed. There is no luck to this, there is your will to stop the addiction. Head on over and post roll and contact me if you ever have any problems. I made my first "attempt" to quit when I was your age and i'm 27 now and 168 days quit. You will have to work at this every single day but for now, just worry about quitting today.

Offline Wedge

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2014, 01:22:00 PM »
I welcome you in to our house, MDN. Your quit group will be June '14. Here's a great introductioninto what to expect, how to post roll, why you post roll, and how this site works.

No matter what happens, post roll EVERY DAY. WITHOUT EXCEPTION.

If you really want to be quit, you will read as much as possible and soak up everything you see. At your age, peer pressure sucks. We've all be there. The only extra thing I can offer you is to stay away from any form of alcohol for at least a month. If you can give up nicotine, you can give up the liquor for a month. Sure, you seem like you can take on anything within the first week, but that Friday night drinking with the boys and someone whips out a pack of cigs, cigars, or a can, you can't believe how difficult it is to say no.

When you post roll, you are virtually shaking my hand, and everyone else's hand that posts roll, that you promise to leave the nic alone for the day. No gum, no patches, no nothing. Get that promise in early and keep it.

Offline MDN33

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 01:14:00 PM »
Second time around trying to quit, first time using this website. I am currently 22 years old and just finished playing college athletics. I first started dipping when I was 16 and have used since. The past 3 years around a can of Grizzly Wintergreen a day. My family has a history of cancer so I want to stop before I start having health issues. And the amount of money I will save will be nice too. Looking forward to hearing from others.

Offline MDN33

The time is now
« on: March 10, 2014, 01:14:00 PM »