Author Topic: New to KTC  (Read 871 times)

Offline PatR

• Quit Date: 2017-02-15
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: New to KTC
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2017, 04:27:00 PM »
Thanks again. Joined the quit group; posted roll.

Offline BrianG

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • “Brotherhood is born in adversity.”
  • Quit Date: 17 JAN 2017
  • Likes Given: 123
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2017, 12:32:00 PM »
Quote from: PatR
Thanks, Brian. Will check out the quit group. I see the group pages list how many days off nicotine you are, which is great but are they also discussion groups? That's really what I am looking for, a group to talk through the withdrawal/anxiety with. Will keep poking around; it's a great site, seems like a great community.
http://chat.killthecan.org/
He who has a why can bear almost any how.

Offline PatR

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2017, 12:18:00 PM »
Thanks, Brian. Will check out the quit group. I see the group pages list how many days off nicotine you are, which is great but are they also discussion groups? That's really what I am looking for, a group to talk through the withdrawal/anxiety with. Will keep poking around; it's a great site, seems like a great community.

Offline BrianG

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • “Brotherhood is born in adversity.”
  • Quit Date: 17 JAN 2017
  • Likes Given: 123
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2017, 10:46:00 AM »
Hey Pat, Head on over to your quit group and post roll. You would be in the May group if you quit using all nicotine on the 15th o Feb.

Exercise helps with your symptoms...go run, walk. get the heart rate up.
Take relief in knowing that you are doing the right thing by quitting.
You already have your Drs. appointments set up. That is good. You will get some relief there.
Gum, seeds, hard candy....whatever it takes to keep the poison out of your lip.

Biggest thing, get involved on this site and know that you do not have to do this alone. That will help with the anxiety in knowing you are not alone.
He who has a why can bear almost any how.

Offline PatR

New to KTC
« on: February 23, 2017, 10:38:00 AM »
Hi everyone. 15 years, especially heavy last 4 yrs, to deal with anxiety. Quit Feb 15. Have been racked with anxiety/depression since quitting, mostly convincing myself I have long term health issues (haven't been to dentist in three years; didn't even realize it was that long; realizing now I was prob scared to get a negative opinion about the dip I was relying on to deal with anxiety). Back to dentist tomorrow am. Full physical next week. But going crazy with anxiety/withdrawal. Don't know what advice anyone has but would love to hear from anyone, could use some help.

Pat