Author Topic: man up? with help  (Read 865 times)

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: man up? with help
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 09:26:00 PM »
Quote from: Minny
I know what you felt like, sitting in your car with your fresh tin of dip and a full serving of shame. I "stopped" at least 100 times and I've thrown dozens of full tins in the trash, disgusted by my lack of willpower. YEARS went by like this. Years of finding an excuse to leave the house, years of worrying about that sore on my tongue, years of wondering when I'm gonna be able to get my next dip in. Then I found KTC.

Check out the welcome center (the link is in the top navigation bar) and start reading others' intros. Here's what you need to know:
-You make a promise every morning by posting roll and saying "no nic for me today"
-You don't have any nicotine for any reason that day
-You repeat this every damn day

-Most importantly, you have to find some resolve, stand up, and get ready to fight. Make yourself accountable to those closest to you by telling them that you have QUIT and that means DONE for f'n GOOD. No excuses, no "trying", no bullshit.

Do this now or years will slip by, just like they did for me. Welcome to the only thing that works.

'zombie'
We have all been there. If you want to quit then you need to make the decision to do it and take your life back. Post roll and join the rest of us quitters. Life in Quitsville is pretty darn sweet. Taking back your life and your freedom is priceless. You can do it... You just got to make the decision!
Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

Offline Minny

• Quitter
Re: man up? with help
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 08:50:00 PM »
I know what you felt like, sitting in your car with your fresh tin of dip and a full serving of shame. I "stopped" at least 100 times and I've thrown dozens of full tins in the trash, disgusted by my lack of willpower. YEARS went by like this. Years of finding an excuse to leave the house, years of worrying about that sore on my tongue, years of wondering when I'm gonna be able to get my next dip in. Then I found KTC.

Check out the welcome center (the link is in the top navigation bar) and start reading others' intros. Here's what you need to know:
-You make a promise every morning by posting roll and saying "no nic for me today"
-You don't have any nicotine for any reason that day
-You repeat this every damn day

-Most importantly, you have to find some resolve, stand up, and get ready to fight. Make yourself accountable to those closest to you by telling them that you have QUIT and that means DONE for f'n GOOD. No excuses, no "trying", no bullshit.

Do this now or years will slip by, just like they did for me. Welcome to the only thing that works.

'zombie'
Quit Date 7/12/13
HOF Date 10/19/13

My HOF Speech

Offline pushin1.25

man up? with help
« on: November 11, 2013, 07:17:00 PM »
well, I'm tried to quit today, then started losin my mind, caved and bought a can, then sat in my car with my head sulked down in guilt. thats when i found this site through google. seems legit to me, just trying to get it figured out. I am an addict, i know that, I've been clean from drugs and alcohol for 2 years, and have been feeling the desire to quit dipping as well...plus my girlfriend sorta applies some pressure to me to quit before we get married. well idk what else I'm supposed to say, my names keith, I'm an addict, and I'm 25 from ohio. and the nic bitch is kicking my ass. any suggestions would be cool.
thanks 'zombie' i like the zombie dance.