Author Topic: Intro  (Read 1226 times)

Offline T-Cell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2012-02-10
  • Interests: Flyfishing, ice hockey (go Avs, go Pioneers!).Wife Sandra, 2 adult kids.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Intro
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2013, 12:37:00 PM »
Quote from: Trip
I have dipped Copenhagen long cut on and off for 10 years. I've tried to quit several times, but it never stuck. Probably because I wasn't earnest in trying to quit. I'm married with two beautiful daughters. I'm not quitting for them or my wife or anyone but myself. I think that's been part of my past failed attempts. I hate dipping. I hate the grains in my teeth, I hate the mess, and I really hate the nasty spit cups. I want to be done. This time, it's over. I hate this embarrassing habit. No one takes you seriously with dirt in your mouth. I'm done. Time to respect myself and quit this disgusting habit.
Welcome Trip! Great decision to be quit.
You are posting and hopefully are reading everything you can in the Welcome Center already.
I will point out that chewing isn't a habit, it is a nicotine addiction. Not really any different than streetcorner junkies, except our addicting chemical is oddly legal. A habit doesn't kill you and is easier to change than an addiction.
But you've come to the right place, a ton of serious quitters here to help you. You can do this!
Fish, eat, sleep. Repeat.
quit date 2/10/12
HOF date 5/19/12
1 Year 2/10/13
2 Years 2/10/14
8th Floor 4/19/14

Offline ParadigmDawg

• Quitter
  • Interests: Mountain BikingRoad BikingHome Audio
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2013, 12:12:00 PM »
Ok Trip...you are in for one nasty fight but you have the tools here to make it.

Read everything on here, post roll call each morning and don't dip. Wow....that sounds so easy, doesn't it?

Go load yourself up with gum, mints, fake chew, seeds and beef jerky. Also get some member phone numbers right now, they will help you through the rough parts.

Next, exercise to exhaustion every single day and drink so much water that you feel like you may bust. Both of these will help.

Make sure your wife reads about what you are going through. 99% chance that you are going to be a short fussed dick for the next 3-4 weeks. Try not to take it out on her and the kids. Get on here and call Pinched names and tell him he's a punk and you hate him. You can use me or anyone else on here for the same purpose.

I quit with you.

Greg
Oh little worm-dirt...you are so scary...F' OFF...!!!

Offline Jbojie

• Quitter
  • Interests: Fishing, Spending time with my best friend, who happens to be my wife.
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2013, 11:00:00 AM »
I have dipped Copenhagen long cut on and off for 10 years. I've tried to quit several times, but it never stuck. Probably because I wasn't earnest in trying to quit. I'm married with two beautiful daughters. I'm not quitting for them or my wife or anyone but myself. I think that's been part of my past failed attempts. I hate dipping. I hate the grains in my teeth, I hate the mess, and I really hate the nasty spit cups. I want to be done. This time, it's over. I hate this embarrassing habit. No one takes you seriously with dirt in your mouth. I'm done. Time to respect myself and quit this disgusting habit.
Trip,

Way to go man! Get rid of the nic........... It ain't easy but it is worth it. If I can help any way let me know.

One day at a time man!

Keep the Faith!
Keep the Faith!!
HOF 10/3/13

Offline Smokeyg

• Quit King
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2013, 10:36:00 AM »
Love it! You've got this.

Offline Jlud007

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2013, 10:03:00 AM »
Hey Trip,

Congratulations on making the decision to take your freedom back from tobacco and nicotine. Welcome to the first few days which we like to call "the suck" around here, remember how awful you feel these first few days because if you stick around one day at a time you will never have to relive them.

No one here will sugar coat it for you, your in for battle......but the reward is freedom from the slavery of the can and every brother and sister here has been where you are today. Post roll, keep your promise today and get numbers from other members......and most importantly use them, because when it gets hard.....and it will get really fucking hard sometimes. You will need someone to lean on.

I am sending you PM with my digits, feel free to text me anytime. Proud to stand up and quit with you today brother!

HEY, NIC BITCH!!!! 'Finger'

Offline B-loMatt

• Quitter
  • Interests: Cooking, gameing, music, sports, the outdoors. Spending time with my family is my biggest hobby, I have two little girls who are my number 1 priority (for real now that I kicked nic out of my life)
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2013, 09:50:00 AM »
You came to the right place Trip. All the advice, knowledge, and support you could ever need is waiting for you here. Read everything here: welcome center, HOF speeches, intro threads, words of wisdom... Get involved and own your quit. PM me if you want my # or have any questions.

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2013, 09:36:00 AM »
Trip,
Great intro and you seem to be off to a good start. Empty the contents of any cans that you have, post roll for the day and promise yourself and everyone here that you quit for the day, all day every day.

You should be in the November 13 quit group, good luck and PM me if you need anything.
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline Wedge

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2013, 09:34:00 AM »
Trip,

Glad I could be one of the first to congratulate you on your decision to take your life back.

I see that you found the November 2013 group and posted, which is half the battle. Didn't get it quite right but we can work on that for sure.
Here's a summary of how and why this place works. You'll find a link in there on how to post roll correctly.

The most important thing I am taking (and you should too) from your intro is that you are quitting for yourself. Remember than when times get tough. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Offline Trip McNeely

Intro
« on: August 16, 2013, 09:25:00 AM »