Author Topic: It's Finally Over  (Read 2087 times)

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: It's Finally Over
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2015, 05:29:00 PM »
Quote from: pab1964
Quote from: Siggy15
Hi,
I am 46 and have been married to Kodiak for 26 years, about a tin every day. I have tried to quit a few times, but never made it beyond the second week. I found this site back in January, but I was afraid to take the next step because I could see how sacred roll call is, and I was afraid to let everybody down (including myself).
My forever quit started yesterday when I dumped my last tin down the shitter. It took all of my strength to drive by the gas station this morning without stopping for a refill. I found another tin at work, but I dumped that bitch just before noon, then chased her down the trap with a dump of my own.
I am done, and no matter how bad the suck gets, I deserve all of it for being so weak and stupid for all of these years. My oldest daughter starts college in the fall, and that f%#@-ing bear stole her first two years of tuition.
50 here 38 years dipping. That bitch took alot of wonderful years away from me that could have been spent with my family! That was my fault, this time she's behind me and by God I will do everything in my power to keep her there and eventually buried Odaat! You can do this with the help from these badass quitters in here! Want it, live it, take it! It's yours and you the only one that can control but it doesn't have to be alone! Let's get this done!
Will done posting roll Siggy Brother..
Your not going to believe how good it is on this side.
Spend the time necessary to quit.
Learn and read all you can, for the Truth really does set us free, and the biggest part of being an addict is not wanting to face the Truth.
I Lived in my own fantasy land for 38 Years not willing to look in the mirror, knowing good and well every day I was playing Russian Roulette. It just takes one weak cell to go bad and next thing you know... Your out of the family pictures.

Also.. Don't run from the suck... Fight it head on... Freedom is just on the other side.
You can endure, all you ever needed was support. You will find that here EDD ODAAT.
Welcome to KTC.
I quit with you all day!
Rawls
I believe.....

Offline Macksmacky

• Quit Date: 2015-03-16
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2015, 05:27:00 PM »
Quitting right along side you Siggy, though, not in quit such an elaborate fashion. Good luck to the both of us slaying the beast!

Offline flrednek28

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: Jan 23, 2015
  • Likes Given: 120
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2015, 05:19:00 PM »
Hi,
I am 46 and have been married to Kodiak for 26 years, about a tin every day. I have tried to quit a few times, but never made it beyond the second week. I found this site back in January, but I was afraid to take the next step because I could see how sacred roll call is, and I was afraid to let everybody down (including myself).
My forever quit started yesterday when I dumped my last tin down the shitter. It took all of my strength to drive by the gas station this morning without stopping for a refill. I found another tin at work, but I dumped that bitch just before noon, then chased her down the trap with a dump of my own.
I am done, and no matter how bad the suck gets, I deserve all of it for being so weak and stupid for all of these years. My oldest daughter starts college in the fall, and that f%#@-ing bear stole her first two years of tuition.
Welcome Siggy to the best decision you could make, 44 here and 24+ yrs kodiak/grizzly, 53 days into my quit and here to tell you it is going to SUCK, then it will suck a little less and then SUCK some more. Get involved here, read all you can, post roll EDD and QUIT ODAAT!

Quit with you today!

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2015, 03:19:00 PM »
Hi,
50 here 38 years dipping. That bitch took alot of wonderful years away from me that could have been spent with my family! That was my fault, this time she's behind me and by God I will do everything in my power to keep her there and eventually buried Odaat! You can do this with the help from these badass quitters in here! Want it, live it, take it! It's yours and you the only one that can control but it doesn't have to be alone! Let's get this done!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline HeathDux

• Quitter
  • Interests: Fishing, Weight lifting, and most importantly, my kiddos, they are my legacy
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2015, 03:07:00 PM »
I am happy to hear you drove past the gas station today. I know how hard that is to do as I have driven past several today and have had to fight the urge to pull in and get a can. My day 1 is today also. It has been a shit day, but you know what I have realized. This is my fault I feel this way. The level of suck that I am going through today is something that I have just come to terms with as I deserve this shit for putting my health and my families well being at risk everyday for the last 20 years.
I had to ask myself, "are you going to be a pussy today?" Stop putting this shit in your lip

Offline KCLyle

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2015, 02:57:00 PM »
Glad that you made the decision to drive right on by that gas station! My first day of the suck today too. When the suck is over and we can see the positive change in our lives, we will see how great of a decision we made today.

Offline gargoose

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-03-10
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2015, 02:51:00 PM »
FANTASTIC, Siggy!!! Glad you're here!! Embrace the suck and kick that nicotine bitch right in the teeth!

Offline Siggy15

• Quitter
It's Finally Over
« on: March 16, 2015, 02:47:00 PM »
Hi,