Author Topic: Looking for help this time  (Read 982 times)

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
Re: Looking for help this time
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2014, 04:29:00 PM »
I see you posted roll. Day 1 roll, day 10 quit. Way to go. Shout if you need help. Quit today. Rise, shine and post tomorrow.

Offline Remshot

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • The One
  • Quit Date: January 23, 2006
  • Interests: Family
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 02:38:00 PM »
Brett,
You need to keep reading the site and get involved with your quit group as soon as possible....There are lifelines across the board, but it is you that will need to put them into play. Reach out if you need anything.
QSXtreme

Quit -1/23/06
HOF -5/02/06 May 2006 Drama Queens

Proverbs 18:2

"A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing his opinion."

A Quit Plan: Do you have one?

CLOSE THE DOOR. In my opinion, it?s the single most important step in your final quit. There is one moment, THE moment, when you finally let go and surrender to the quit.
After that moment, no temptation will be great enough, no lie persuasive enough to make you commit suicide by using tobacco. SportDad 1/13/05

Warm summer sun, shine kindly here;
Warm southern wind, blow softly here;
Green sod above, lie light, lie light.-
Good-night, dear heart, good-night.

Be silly, be honest, be kind

Offline basshaug

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 02:31:00 PM »
Quote from: JB24
Hello my name is Brett
I came across this site a couple days ago while searching symptoms of quitting. I quit 6/30/2014 and was trying to recall how long it took to get over some of the things I was experiencing.
I have been chewing this crap since 93' and have quit twice for fairly significant amounts of time (age 18 and again at age 33). Both times I went back after being exposed to a chewer on a daily basis, first in the dorms at school and then a coworker in the office across the hall. Both times I went back I had forgotten how much I wanted to quit on that "last day".
I have joined this site so that I will never forget again how much I want to quit. No excuses this is the last time I have to quit.
Welcome brett. Congrats on getting started on your own, if you want to stay quit you've come to the right place. Your no excuses attitude sounds like it will fit in well around here.

The price of admission here is posting roll, which is your promise to yourself and us to not to use nicotine each day. You can read how to do that here in the welcome center. We will hold you accountable to keep your promise each day, and that you continue to make your promise if you wake up on the right side of the grass, and I hope you do the same for me.

Once you check out how to post roll, had over to the October quit group and introduce yourself to your quit group. They are a group of bad asses.

Offline JB24

• Quitter
  • Interests: Fishing and HuntingGolfFootballBaseball
  • Likes Given: 0
Looking for help this time
« on: July 10, 2014, 02:11:00 PM »
Hello my name is Brett
I came across this site a couple days ago while searching symptoms of quitting. I quit 6/30/2014 and was trying to recall how long it took to get over some of the things I was experiencing.
I have been chewing this crap since 93' and have quit twice for fairly significant amounts of time (age 18 and again at age 33). Both times I went back after being exposed to a chewer on a daily basis, first in the dorms at school and then a coworker in the office across the hall. Both times I went back I had forgotten how much I wanted to quit on that "last day".
I have joined this site so that I will never forget again how much I want to quit. No excuses this is the last time I have to quit.