Author Topic: Who is Ted  (Read 2134 times)

Offline Finny

• Quitter
  • Interests: Hockey, running, fantasy football, endurance training, psychology.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Who is Ted
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2013, 09:39:00 AM »
Ted,

What an inspiring intro. You have the right mentality. I am still new to my quit at day 61, and am thankful each day to have found this site. It is amazing to have suppport and accountability from people who have been where you are. Remember that each day is a promise to your quit group, and everyone on this site who is struggling through third quit. Post roll everyday, and take your life back one day at a time!

Finny
Quit Date - 8/15/2013

Offline BGSUFalcons

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-08-08
  • Interests: Twitter: @Patrick_Hall_
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2013, 09:29:00 AM »
You've found the right place, Ted.

Quit on!

PHALL (BGSUFalcons) Nov. 13

Offline Leahy16

• Quitter
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2013, 08:24:00 PM »
You can do this Ted. Baby steps when you need. You're already giant leaps from where you started.

Keep it going.
Quit Date Jun 5, 2011; HOF Sep 12, 2011; 1,000 days Feb 28, 2014

Offline ParadigmDawg

• Quitter
  • Interests: Mountain BikingRoad BikingHome Audio
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2013, 09:46:00 AM »
Norman...huh.....

I don't really want to say it but it's been so many years since I have been able to...

....ok... I am not saying it....ummm...Hook Em Horns.....

Now that that is out of the way, welcome aboard. if you read through the other intro's you may see some of my same words on them but they always hold true so I will just repeat them...

You are in for one nasty fight but you have the tools here to make it.

Read everything on here, post roll call each morning and don't dip. Wow....that sounds so easy, doesn't it?

Go load yourself up with gum, mints, fake chew, seeds and beef jerky. Also get some member phone numbers right now, they will help you through the rough parts.

Next, exercise to exhaustion every single day and drink so much water that you feel like you may bust. Both of these will help.

Make sure your wife reads about what you are going through. 99% chance that you are going to be a short fussed dick for the next 3-4 weeks. Try not to take it out on her and the kids. Get on here and take it out on us, we will be fine.

I quit with you.
Oh little worm-dirt...you are so scary...F' OFF...!!!

Offline DippinDave911

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: May 06, 2019
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2013, 08:08:00 AM »
Ted, great intro. Also glad to have someone a little closer to home. Awfully lonely here in NH If you really want this, then you got this. Proud to call you a brother and be quit with you.

Dave

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2013, 08:00:00 AM »
Quote from: Sgt12
Glad to be quit with you, Ted!  Keep it up brother and protect your quit because your life depends on it.
Liked the intro Ted. Sounded like you're thinking is headed in the right direction. Post roll and keep your promise one day at a time and you can have back a lot of what the poison has stolen. Never again for any reason and you can keep it. Need a number let me know. Glad to be quit with you.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline Sgt12

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2013, 06:24:00 AM »
Glad to be quit with you, Ted! Keep it up brother and protect your quit because your life depends on it.
Cave: 11/28/13
New Quit Date: 11/29/13

Don't ever get complacent.

Offline Ted

• Quitter
  • Interests: Time with the family: blessed beyond what I deserve. Married over my head, great wife. Most amazing two kids ever created.Buying older, ugly, unwanted, abused and neglected homes and remodeling.Trail running, any distances up to 50Miles, Road running mostly marathons. But presently recovering from ankle surgery after accident.
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2013, 03:26:00 AM »
Quote from: Grizzfall
Quote from: Ted
Finally broke. Finally admitted dip was kicking my ass, taking my life, my heart, mind and soul in a twisted way. Couldn't admit it controlled me. I've quit a thousand times, once for 6 years but still came back. The worst part is being alone with the addiction. Alone with the fear. Started before college, stopped once for 6 years, but figure I've dipped for about 12 years. Cope for 5 years, then Skoal Mint, then both. At least a can a day. I've had infected tonsils, sore throats, numb lips, sores and every time I was terrified I had cancer but kept dipping, in fear and anger and utterly hating myself.

My family never knew. I was keeping a secret and living a lie. Then back in June my 11 year old daughter took a drink from a spit cup I left out by accident. My two kids cried when they found out I was dipping, they thought it meant I would die right away. From that day on, my 8 year old son asked me EVERY day if I was still dipping. It broke my heart to tell him the truth and then keep dipping. I broke his heart every day and he kept asking every day. I'm an asshole. I'm that broken, selfish and addicted. Weak. Powerless. I've played the victim card long enough. I'm two days into my quit. I am thankful to have stumbled onto Killthecan at 1AM the night before last. I registered and posted roll.

The next morning I was struggling with the idea of getting a can of dip on the way to work. But I got a note from one of you guys encouraging me. Right on the spot, I broke. Totally burst and broke down and cried like I was a kid. For the first time ever I wasn't fighting this fucking addiction alone. I sat there and sobbed like a dumbass because I was free. Empowered. In control. The truth, my truth, is out there with this community...and I'm free. The truth set me free to face this head on but not by will power but truth. I have to believe this relates to knowing the truth and the truth setting you free. I'm free. I don't ever want to be chained again but have to admit I need help. I need you guys. 

About me: I'm 45. Married 16 years to a wonderful woman. Have a daughter 11, son 8. I'm a Christian but only by the grace of God. I have been a runner all my life. Road and trail races from 5k to 50milers. Then broke my ankle and have had two surgeries. Raised in Maine. Played foot ball, won a couple individual state titles in wrestling and have always worked in construction. No greater satisfaction for me than gutting an old home and making it groovy. Since college my career has revolved around designing, developing and marketing consumer products. I am Director of Innovation for a fitness products company and love it. I'm doing better than I deserve.

That's it.

Give me your number if you need anything. I'll talk you through the knot holes if you're struggling and about to walk into the convenience store for "just one dip".

Tibor
(aka "Ted")
Ted,
I am with you here. I have broken down 3 out of the past seven nights of this quit. There is some terrible irony that i cant sleep but am simultaniously exhasted. Do you still reside in maine? My wife and i visited there for the first time this past july. We went to boothe bay which is likely a place you hate for tourist reasons. I entered a rock skipping competiton there. Yeah, no shit. It was sponsered by the local candy shop. I scouted for rocks with my wife the night before and realized that your rocks suck. No getting around it. Here in Buffalo ny we have sedementary rock which form sweet little layers of perfectly flat, 1/4" thick, surface tension defying magic. You guys have rocks that might be flattened to something shy of 1/2 width over height. Needless to say i did not place in the competition with only seven skips. Next year i bring my own rocks.
The point i was trying to get to is that i remember that day because as it was my turn to do my three skips, i walked past a really pretty mom. Her kids were in the competition. She smiled at me and i could only nod back to here because i had a face full of spit that needed to be "subtley" deposited on the beach. How fucking embarassing. My wife and her got to chatting later and we became casual aquaintances for the weekend. I want no more first impressions like this. I dont want to come to your awessome state and spit cancer juice on it.
Stay strong through the withdrawl. Let me know your thoughts.
-Neil aka grizzfall
Thanks for the note Grizzfall.

We live in Norman, OK. My family is still in Maine and I take my family up every other Christmas and other times to visit when we can. We live in the White Mountain national forest, southwestern Maine, on the NH border. It is a spectacular part of the country but yeah, the rocks for skipping may be worst in the northern hemisphere. So, if you're one to plan your vacation activities ahead of time and if you're the type to sort your desired activities by degrees of 'fun' or 'delight', always put 'rock skipping' lower in the hierarchy when going to Maine.

The cravings are hard right now but somehow easier than all the times I've quit before KTC. Knowing I'm in this with other guys changes things and makes me KNOW this quit is it. Sleep is weird. Waking up is like coming out of a coma.
But going to sleep is a battle.

Stay strong Grizz.

Ted

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2013, 10:42:00 PM »
Quote from: CleanFuel
Finally broke. Finally admitted dip was kicking my ass, taking my life, my heart, mind and soul in a twisted way. Couldn't admit it controlled me. I've quit a thousand times, once for 6 years but still came back. The worst part is being alone with the addiction. Alone with the fear. Started before college, stopped once for 6 years, but figure I've dipped for about 12 years. Cope for 5 years, then Skoal Mint, then both. At least a can a day. I've had infected tonsils, sore throats, numb lips, sores and every time I was terrified I had cancer but kept dipping, in fear and anger and utterly hating myself.

My family never knew. I was keeping a secret and living a lie. Then back in June my 11 year old daughter took a drink from a spit cup I left out by accident. My two kids cried when they found out I was dipping, they thought it meant I would die right away. From that day on, my 8 year old son asked me EVERY day if I was still dipping. It broke my heart to tell him the truth and then keep dipping. I broke his heart every day and he kept asking every day. I'm an asshole. I'm that broken, selfish and addicted. Weak. Powerless. I've played the victim card long enough. I'm two days into my quit. I am thankful to have stumbled onto Killthecan at 1AM the night before last. I registered and posted roll.

The next morning I was struggling with the idea of getting a can of dip on the way to work. But I got a note from one of you guys encouraging me. Right on the spot, I broke. Totally burst and broke down and cried like I was a kid. For the first time ever I wasn't fighting this fucking addiction alone. I sat there and sobbed like a dumbass because I was free. Empowered. In control. The truth, my truth, is out there with this community...and I'm free. The truth set me free to face this head on but not by will power but truth. I have to believe this relates to knowing the truth and the truth setting you free. I'm free. I don't ever want to be chained again but have to admit I need help. I need you guys.  

About me: I'm 45. Married 16 years to a wonderful woman. Have a daughter 11, son 8. I'm a Christian but only by the grace of God. I have been a runner all my life. Road and trail races from 5k to 50milers. Then broke my ankle and have had two surgeries. Raised in Maine. Played foot ball, won a couple individual state titles in wrestling and have always worked in construction. No greater satisfaction for me than gutting an old home and making it groovy. Since college my career has revolved around designing, developing and marketing consumer products. I am Director of Innovation for a fitness products company and love it. I'm doing better than I deserve.

That's it.

Give me your number if you need anything. I'll talk you through the knot holes if you're struggling and about to walk into the convenience store for "just one dip".

Tibor
(aka "Ted")
Ted,
I am with you here. I have broken down 3 out of the past seven nights of this quit. There is some terrible irony that i cant sleep but am simultaniously exhasted. Do you still reside in maine? My wife and i visited there for the first time this past july. We went to boothe bay which is likely a place you hate for tourist reasons. I entered a rock skipping competiton there. Yeah, no shit. It was sponsered by the local candy shop. I scouted for rocks with my wife the night before and realized that your rocks suck. No getting around it. Here in Buffalo ny we have sedementary rock which form sweet little layers of perfectly flat, 1/4" thick, surface tension defying magic. You guys have rocks that might be flattened to something shy of 1/2 width over height. Needless to say i did not place in the competition with only seven skips. Next year i bring my own rocks.
The point i was trying to get to is that i remember that day because as it was my turn to do my three skips, i walked past a really pretty mom. Her kids were in the competition. She smiled at me and i could only nod back to here because i had a face full of spit that needed to be "subtley" deposited on the beach. How fucking embarassing. My wife and her got to chatting later and we became casual aquaintances for the weekend. I want no more first impressions like this. I dont want to come to your awessome state and spit cancer juice on it.
-Neil aka grizzfall
Ted......Bravo on an amazing intro that feels authentic.....me, 45, 2 boys, a can of cope a day.....very similar to you...that is until 559 days ago.....you got this....you need me, ping me......i got your back.....FUCK THIS BITCH.....you get me???? #ithinkwehaveaquitterboys
I'm with Cleanfuel and I quit the same time as him. 56 year old ninja dipper for 40+ years. You can do it one day at a time. Pm me if you want to talk.
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline CleanFuel

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2013, 09:56:00 PM »

That's it.

Tibor
(aka "Ted")
Ted,
-Neil aka grizzfall
Ted......Bravo on an amazing intro that feels authentic.....me, 45, 2 boys, a can of cope a day.....very similar to you...that is until 559 days ago.....you got this....you need me, ping me......i got your back.....FUCK THIS BITCH.....you get me???? #ithinkwehaveaquitterboys
Quit 04.02.2012 --- HOF 07.11.2012 --- 5 Years 04.02.2017

Now I am the Voice. I will LEAD, not follow. I will BELIEVE, not doubt. I will CREATE, not destroy. I am a Force for God. I am a Leader.

Defy the odds. Set a new standard. STEP UP!

My HOF Speech

My Intro

Offline Grizzfall

• Quitter
  • Interests: Staying quit.Staying sane.Being more productive
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2013, 09:26:00 PM »

That's it.

Tibor
(aka "Ted")
Ted,
-Neil aka grizzfall
-Grizzfall
"This personal torture has a good ending right?"

Offline Ted

• Quitter
  • Interests: Time with the family: blessed beyond what I deserve. Married over my head, great wife. Most amazing two kids ever created.Buying older, ugly, unwanted, abused and neglected homes and remodeling.Trail running, any distances up to 50Miles, Road running mostly marathons. But presently recovering from ankle surgery after accident.
Who is Ted
« on: October 12, 2013, 08:30:00 PM »

That's it.

Tibor
(aka "Ted")