Author Topic: Trading Sex for Dip?  (Read 3915 times)

Offline JRan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Interests: Golf, sex
  • Likes Given: 6
Re: Trading Sex for Dip?
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2011, 12:03:00 AM »
S4S!!! You're the fucking man! Welcome to the Hunt for Quit October! Learn how to post roll and I expect to see you there every day. Also, can you have your wife talk to my wife?

Offline MikeA

• Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2011, 11:58:00 PM »
Good shit in here boys...the program is working. Drink the KTC cool aid.

Offline rebeldog

• Quit Pro
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2011, 11:38:00 PM »
Quote from: s4s
Any day I quit will be the one that means something to me.
Welcome. March 8, 2011 is my date. It was a Wednesday. I'm pretty good about remembering dates; birthdays, anniversaries  such. I'm certain I'll always remember March 8th. I can be proud of it now and every year it comes around. Or, if I ever fail myself and my brothers, that date would haunt me for the rest of my life. I choose to be proud and nicotine free.
You will never grow taller than when you stoop to help a brother. - The Varlet

Offline jaygib

• Quitter
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2011, 11:32:00 PM »
glad to be quit with you today
Quit January 19, 2011

Everything is permissible for me but not everything is beneficial. Everything is permissible for me but I will not be mastered by anything. 1 Cor 6:12

Offline Romandog

• Romandog of Quit
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit is good. Be quit.
  • Interests: Programming, Oil painting, Drawing, Sailing, Swimming, Krav Maga, Kettlebell/Bodyweight workouts, Military/Naval History, Theology, Physical Sciences & Mathematics, Shooting & Fishing
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2011, 11:24:00 PM »
And by the way, s4s.... Sounds like you have a very special lady for a wife.. Better hang on to her with all you got buddy because there ain't too many like her...

Good decision on starting the quit now.
July 2011 Tornadoes of Quit
Since April 18, 2011, 08:42:00 AM

Offline magnum9

• Quit Pro
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2011, 11:09:00 PM »
Way to go dude!

The suck is terrible but I promise that if you had tried to keep a "quit date" you would have failed. I have been on this site for about 136 day and I have probably seen 50 people with a "quit date" never show up on that date. Maybe one out of 51 has showed up.

Don't screw with yourself. This is not anything more than making the decision to quit each and every day. That is it. Honestly it is not that hard, not at all, but it does suck. Just make the decision and your good to go. Come back tomorrow morning and make the decision again.

Offline Skoal Monster

• Quit Pro
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2011, 10:53:00 PM »
embrace the suck , congrats on saving your life
"CLOSE THE DOOR. In my opinion, it?s the single most important step in your final quit. There is one moment, THE moment, when you finally let go and surrender to the quit. After that moment, no temptation will be great enough, no lie persuasive enough to make you commit suicide by using tobacco."

Offline Capt Kylos

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2010-11-28
  • Interests: 2nd Dan Black Belt ITF Taekwondo, Judo, Krav Maga,Jujitsu, fishing, single malt scotch and craft beer.
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2011, 10:43:00 PM »
Great life changing choice s4s.....pm me if you need a number....proud to quit with you!
Chew is for the weak, the ignorant, the stupid.....don't be stupid. Not stupid as of 11/28/10
Before you cave read this http://forum.killthecan.org/index.php?showtopic=4938
Acting with almost as much speed as cyanide, nicotine is well
established as one of the most toxic drugs known. In humans,
60mg (a drop) is a lethal dose, and death follows intake within a few minutes. Dr. Charles Ksir

Mouth cancer kills
one American every hour.

Stay Quit...it's life or death.....
Don't Cave

Offline dante

• Quit Pro
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2011, 10:41:00 PM »
Quote from: Dante
Quit today! It takes three days for nicotine to work itself out of your system.  On "Independence Day" you can be truly FREE from the grasp of your drug of choice.

Sure glad the founding fathers didn't put off the signing of the Declaration of Independence until a time that was more conducive to some memorable fantasy plan.  Hope you enjoy your dip...slave.

Let me know if you are serious and I will quit with you today and support you unconditionally.  But if you do wait to quit on the fourth, nevermind, I'm predicting a cave.  In that case PM me on Columbus Day for your second go around, (maybe you can discover a new world of nicotine free life), or Christmas (you can unwrap a whole new you).  Come on man...wake the fuck up.

Or, you can prove me wrong.  But I'm not...you still think like an addict, but haven't admitted it to yourself.
Ok Dante, You make a good point (Columbus Day was the kicker).

Actually all of you make a good point. Any day I quit will be the one that means something to me. So today is the day, I quit. I am trading in the Skoal Brotherhood for the KTC Brotherhood. Never again will I dip, chew whatever else. I'm done with it. You all are right, I (the addict) am putting it off and I can see that now.

Dip has decided enough things in my life, so this decision I am taking control of. My quit date is 6/30/2011 at 9:29 CST.

Goodbye Skoal, Hello withdrawal. I welcome withdrawal and with each craving I will remember that I am the reason the craving is there not the dip. Because it was my decision to let the cravings happen, not the dip. And it will be my decision to let the cravings come and go without giving in.

Thank you all so much for the push, I can already see why this site can make the difference.
Welcome. Glad to be quit with you TODAY! Go on over to October 2011 and post a day 1. Welcome to the suck. PM me if you need anything.
Quit Date: May 10, 2011

Offline Capt Kylos

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2010-11-28
  • Interests: 2nd Dan Black Belt ITF Taekwondo, Judo, Krav Maga,Jujitsu, fishing, single malt scotch and craft beer.
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2011, 10:34:00 PM »
Waiting can be a fatal choice....just ask my friend who is about to endure 12 hours of surgery in the A.M. to try and remove as much cancer as his tobacco addiction caused...the rest will be burned with radiation and chemicals in the desperate move to save his life....be proactive,not a victim of your own selfishness.
Chew is for the weak, the ignorant, the stupid.....don't be stupid. Not stupid as of 11/28/10
Before you cave read this http://forum.killthecan.org/index.php?showtopic=4938
Acting with almost as much speed as cyanide, nicotine is well
established as one of the most toxic drugs known. In humans,
60mg (a drop) is a lethal dose, and death follows intake within a few minutes. Dr. Charles Ksir

Mouth cancer kills
one American every hour.

Stay Quit...it's life or death.....
Don't Cave

Offline s4s

• Quitter
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2011, 10:30:00 PM »
Quote from: Dante
Quit today! It takes three days for nicotine to work itself out of your system. On "Independence Day" you can be truly FREE from the grasp of your drug of choice.

Sure glad the founding fathers didn't put off the signing of the Declaration of Independence until a time that was more conducive to some memorable fantasy plan. Hope you enjoy your dip...slave.

Let me know if you are serious and I will quit with you today and support you unconditionally. But if you do wait to quit on the fourth, nevermind, I'm predicting a cave. In that case PM me on Columbus Day for your second go around, (maybe you can discover a new world of nicotine free life), or Christmas (you can unwrap a whole new you). Come on man...wake the fuck up.

Or, you can prove me wrong. But I'm not...you still think like an addict, but haven't admitted it to yourself.
Ok Dante, You make a good point (Columbus Day was the kicker).

Actually all of you make a good point. Any day I quit will be the one that means something to me. So today is the day, I quit. I am trading in the Skoal Brotherhood for the KTC Brotherhood. Never again will I dip, chew whatever else. I'm done with it. You all are right, I (the addict) am putting it off and I can see that now.

Dip has decided enough things in my life, so this decision I am taking control of. My quit date is 6/30/2011 at 9:29 CST.

Goodbye Skoal, Hello withdrawal. I welcome withdrawal and with each craving I will remember that I am the reason the craving is there not the dip. Because it was my decision to let the cravings happen, not the dip. And it will be my decision to let the cravings come and go without giving in.

Thank you all so much for the push, I can already see why this site can make the difference.

Offline jaygib

• Quitter
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2011, 10:24:00 PM »
Quote from: loot
LOOT likes this Dante kid. Wonder what he would trade for sex...
:blink:
Quit January 19, 2011

Everything is permissible for me but not everything is beneficial. Everything is permissible for me but I will not be mastered by anything. 1 Cor 6:12

Offline loot

• BANNED
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2011, 10:08:00 PM »
LOOT likes this Dante kid. Wonder what he would trade for sex...

Offline dante

• Quit Pro
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2011, 09:57:00 PM »
I do appreciate the quick and motivating responses you have all provided, however I am going to stick with my July 4th "Independence Day" idea and make it a day I will always remember. Even this site itself suggest picking a day and sticking with it.

Thank you all for keeping me focused on keeping my day and not changing it till after my meeting on the 12th. I look forward to the journey (really the result) and hope I make a lot of friends during it.

Thanks again,

s4s (sex 4 skoal)
Quit today! It takes three days for nicotine to work itself out of your system. On "Independence Day" you can be truly FREE from the grasp of your drug of choice.

Sure glad the founding fathers didn't put off the signing of the Declaration of Independence until a time that was more conducive to some memorable fantasy plan. Hope you enjoy your dip...slave.

Let me know if you are serious and I will quit with you today and support you unconditionally. But if you do wait to quit on the fourth, nevermind, I'm predicting a cave. In that case PM me on Columbus Day for your second go around, (maybe you can discover a new world of nicotine free life), or Christmas (you can unwrap a whole new you). Come on man...wake the fuck up.

Or, you can prove me wrong. But I'm not...you still think like an addict, but haven't admitted it to yourself.
Quit Date: May 10, 2011

Offline MedStudent

• Quitter
  • Interests: Running, flying, biking, backpacking, just being outdoors
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2011, 09:57:00 PM »
I do appreciate the quick and motivating responses you have all provided, however I am going to stick with my July 4th "Independence Day" idea and make it a day I will always remember. Even this site itself suggest picking a day and sticking with it.
You are in the exact same spot I was in 2 weeks ago. Still not willing to throw the stuff to the curb and allowing your addiction to do your bidding for you. It's not you saying "I'll quit on July 4th," it's your addiction. How many other times have you told yourself you are going to quit tomorrow, or next week, or next month? How many failed New Year's Resolutions have you racked up? If you are serious about quitting you need to take the bull by the horns and do it today. Quitting is hard and waiting until the 4th isn't going to make it any easier.

Trust me, s4s, when I was in your spot 2 weeks ago, I put in a long post (read 'Carrying over from bsim' in the introduction section) trying to justify why it was O.K. to wait and quit on a day other than today. Truth of the matter is, there is no justification at all for waiting. The explanation is that you are an addict behaving like and addict. But again, no justification.

Bottom line: If you are in fact strong enough to quit, you'll buck up and do it tonight.
Quit Day: 6/20/2011
1st Floor: 9/27/2011

YOU GET TO DECIDE WHETHER A "TRIGGER" BECOMES AN EXCUSE TO CAVE OR AN OPPORTUNITY TO STRENGTHEN YOUR QUIT, AND YOU KNOW WHAT THEY SAY ABOUT EXCUSES...