Author Topic: Trading Sex for Dip?  (Read 3854 times)

Offline Skoal Monster

• Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Trading Sex for Dip?
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2011, 09:23:00 PM »
why the fuck is July 4th better than today?

Afraid you won't enjoy the fireworks without a dip?

Give me one good reason that makes that imaginary day in the future better than right now, and getting to use for a couple more days doesn't count. Your just making another excuse to keep dipping for a little bit longer.

Any day you quit is independence day, there is nothing special about waiting or picking a date. I will be suprised if you show your face here on the 5th. The time to quit is now.

READ THIS AND THINK ABOUT WAITING

index.php?showtopic=4938
"CLOSE THE DOOR. In my opinion, it?s the single most important step in your final quit. There is one moment, THE moment, when you finally let go and surrender to the quit. After that moment, no temptation will be great enough, no lie persuasive enough to make you commit suicide by using tobacco."

Offline jaygib

• Quitter
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2011, 09:14:00 PM »
Quote from: razd611
What if one of those dips you have between now and Monday is the one that turns that cancer gene on in that one cell that starts the rapid demise?

A little someting for you to think about each time you reach for that can.

:ph43r:
Imagine how great Independence Day will feel then? Imagine the big day on the 12th if a strange sore shows up on the 10th or 11th.

Everyday you use you are buying tickets for the Big C Super Lotto. Everyday I don't use my body becomes healthier. I hear a commercial on the radio often about somebody dying of oral cancer on average once every hour and everytime I hear that commercial I thank the Lord I'm quit and imagine the panic the announcement would cause if I were a user.
Quit January 19, 2011

Everything is permissible for me but not everything is beneficial. Everything is permissible for me but I will not be mastered by anything. 1 Cor 6:12

Offline Parputt

• Quit King
  • Quit date: 1-13-2011
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2011, 09:13:00 PM »
Your plan sucks! Be a man and quit now.
QD:  1-13-11
HOF: 4-22-11
Sobriety date: 3-4-07

One is one too many
One more is never enough

This Is My Quit

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself, any direction you choose ~ Dr. Seuss

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2011, 08:19:00 PM »
Quote from: Scowick65
The new gold standard.  A currency we can all have faith in.  You might want to move up you quit date to.....now.  Ka-Ching.  Transaction please.  Might save your jaw as well.
I owe you an apology. Sorry. I was so amused by the sex thing that I failed to address the real issue in your post, and that is future tense quitting. Quitting tomorrow or after the big meeting or after the test is over or after [insert any damn thing you want here].

Read this: index.php?showtopic=4938 Real life people, real life shit.

You say you use to manage stress. I beg to differ. You use because you are a drug addict. That is right, a drug addict. Read this. It discusses how addicts have to control the amount of nicotine in their system to manage stress: http://www.killthecan.org/robs/ilikechewing.asp

You got a three day weekend. Flush your drugs down the toilet and quit. You will feel so much better. Future tense quitting is such addict talk. You and I could get on an alcoholic site or a pill site and we would read someone talking about quitting in the future. Bullshit. I am an addict. I quit today.

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, Hunting, Sports.
  • Likes Given: 1264
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2011, 07:52:00 PM »
What if one of those dips you have between now and Monday is the one that turns that cancer gene on in that one cell that starts the rapid demise?

A little someting for you to think about each time you reach for that can.

:ph43r:
Never Again For Any Reason

Hurt Feelings Report
https://ibb.co/NCwvw7t

Offline s4s

• Quitter
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2011, 07:47:00 PM »
I do appreciate the quick and motivating responses you have all provided, however I am going to stick with my July 4th "Independence Day" idea and make it a day I will always remember. Even this site itself suggest picking a day and sticking with it.

Thank you all for keeping me focused on keeping my day and not changing it till after my meeting on the 12th. I look forward to the journey (really the result) and hope I make a lot of friends during it.

Thanks again,

s4s (sex 4 skoal)

Offline bigbamadan

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2010-03-23
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2011, 07:03:00 PM »
Quote from: s4s
Is this a legit concern?
You keep on delaying and delaying and delaying the quit...searching for that "right" time and "plan" to quit.

That time ain't ever going to come buddy.

Then one day you wake up and realize the years have blown by and nicotine has taken your life...be it from cancer, heart disease, or lunging off a cliff trying to recover a dropped can.

You know what happens then???

Some other fucker ends up having extra special sex with your wife. But I guess that may not be a legit concern to you.

Your call.
Quit: 3/23/10
All good things in all good time.

Offline MedStudent

• Quitter
  • Interests: Running, flying, biking, backpacking, just being outdoors
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2011, 06:38:00 PM »
I agree. QUIT NOW. Eleven days ago, I came in here with a plan to quit, too. I was going to quit as soon as my fake snuff showed up. I caught hell for that and at first wasn't sure why. The problem was that I, like you and everyone else on this site, am an addict. By not quitting the moment I came in here, I was choosing to let the addiction do my bargaining for me and to let my addiction tell me that I wasn't going to quit today. But what happens when we keep allowing our addiction to tell us, "not today, rather tomorrow?" We don't quit, or when we do quit, we fail. The biggest and most important aspect of the quit is making the decision to quit right now, this very moment, and be done with it. That and being amid other people who were tough enough to make that decision yesterday, today, and will most likely make it tomorrow is the basis of this site. By waiting for a quit date, you're just delaying the inevitable and allowing the addiction to maintain the upper hand which it has maintained for years. At this moment, you need to take the upper hand, not worry about how shitty you are going to feel for the next several days, and QUIT NOW.

I was pretty much right where you are now (minus the sex plan) eleven days ago. I wanted to quit, but wasn't yet ready to say "Fuck this addiction, fuck nicotine, I'm done." That's where you gotta be and the only way to get there is to quit right now.

I DARE YOU.

I'll quit right here with you.
Quit Day: 6/20/2011
1st Floor: 9/27/2011

YOU GET TO DECIDE WHETHER A "TRIGGER" BECOMES AN EXCUSE TO CAVE OR AN OPPORTUNITY TO STRENGTHEN YOUR QUIT, AND YOU KNOW WHAT THEY SAY ABOUT EXCUSES...

Offline G

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2011, 06:35:00 PM »
Why put off the brutality? Get the worst part over before you go back to work on Tuesday.

Offline CptKngroo239

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2011, 06:30:00 PM »
Congrats on coming up with a plan to quit s4s.

Now DO IT. TODAY!

Waiting through the weekend is only going to prolong the agony and make next week worse, assuming you stick with the 4th. Same thing with waiting until the 12th, now you're two weeks behind with nothing to show for it.

Your meeting will be fine. Your sex drive will be fine, especially once Mrs s4s knows that you've quit your disgusting addiction and gets turned on by it.

The bad news is that the first 3 days are the worst. The good news is that you only have to do one at a time, and everybody is here to help you get through it.

Offline jbags5

• Quitter
  • Interests: Quitting. Other stuff too. Mainly quitting though
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2011, 06:27:00 PM »
Quit now. The sooner you stop, the better. I'm on Day 2. Wish I was on Day 20. Would've been if I started sooner. But whatever you do, Quit!!
Quit Day 1 = June 29, 2011

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2011, 06:26:00 PM »
The new gold standard. A currency we can all have faith in. You might want to move up you quit date to.....now. Ka-Ching. Transaction please. Might save your jaw as well.

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Swim Bike Run - Shooting - Chasing my boys around.
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2011, 06:13:00 PM »
Dear S4S,

First let me congratulate you on contriving a value system that rewards sex. You are awesome.

Second, QUIT NOW. Not on July 4. Not one more tin. Not one more dip. It takes only one dip to get cancer. As much as sex is awesome, your wife isn't going to want to bang you without a bottom jaw I guessing...at least not as much. So QUIT NOW. Go to the Welcome Center (the fem color link in the upper left). We are cold turkey, accountability. As much as quitting for someone else is important, you have to want it for yourself even more. You have to want to be quit...can you picture who/what S4S is without nicotine?

In terms of sex drive, I can only speak for myself. I can't say not using had a negative impact on my drive. I increased my exercise simultaneously as I quit so I can't separate the two. As from day one of our relationship, I continue to be a hormone overloaded teenager grabbing at Mrs. Soul's fanny and breasts by "accident" all day, all night.

Yours truly,

Souliman

Offline s4s

• Quitter
Trading Sex for Dip?
« on: June 30, 2011, 05:47:00 PM »
Hello all, I am new to the site and am wanting to quit dipping after almost 10 years of dipping. I have tried once before "Cold Turkey" and it was about 3 years ago. I have a 4 year old son and a 7 month old son, and I have a wonderful wife. I WANT to quit and have wanted to quit for a little while now. My wife came up with an idea that may help, but I'll get to that in a second. I go through about a half a can a day of Skoal Straight long-cut and I own two businesses. With that being said I have a lot of stress that I use dip to manage. I know this stress, and the after meal dip will be my hardest battles moving forward. This week I have started a pre-quit attempt at backing off to two dips a day, not after a meal and not while driving (those are my two triggers) just while I am sitting alone working or facebooking. I have a big meeting on July 12 that I need to be "on my game" for and I am worried that if I go through with my quit date of July 4th that I will be unfocused or in the "dip fog" for my important meeting.

Is this a legit concern?

Here was my plan, my wife came up with this great idea, and to avoid the details it works like this: On July 4th I stop dipping and chew gum and use hard sugar free candies for the oral fixation, and she would reward me with extra special sex to combat the withdrawal and cravings that I will have. She knows I will be an ass sometimes, and that the rewards may have to last 90 days, but she is 100% backing me,

But I still wonder is this a new idea or has this worked for other people?

I think anything that takes your mind off of dip is a step in the right direction, but when you quit do you loose your sex drive? Will this be a flawed attempt and only add to the frustration?

So I turn to you past and current quiters, please help answer these looming questions so I can move on to a tobacco free life and start setting the example to my boys that I know they need.

Thanks,

s4s