Author Topic: Snuff free  (Read 891 times)

Offline AgLawyer

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Travelin, hikin, liftin and quittin
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Snuff free
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 05:49:00 AM »
KWest, welcome.

However, understand that here we quit nicotine - not just dipping, but all forms of nicotine. So toss the gum and post roll. Click on the Welcome Center link at the top left corner and learn how to post roll. I, too, dipped for over 2 decades and today I posted 189 straight days of freedom. If I can do it, you can do it. Embrace the methods here on killthecan.org and you WILL succeed.

Shout if you need anything.

Offline ERDVM

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Cold Beer, Warm Whiskey, Good Friends, Loose Women.
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 03:47:00 AM »
Kwest - I hope you read these tomorrow before u put in another 50 cent piece of nix gum. I dipped for 2 decades just like you. Once I went snuff free for 2 years. Lipped lozenges like a mofo. Ever notice that heartburn u get when u swalllow juice from even the gum/lozenge? Know enough that persistent heartburn leads to stomach-esophageal cancer, so around a year ago went to the bitch Patch. Did fantastic too. After 16 weeks stopped just like the box said. 2 fucking days later bought a can "for emergencies only........."

QUIT 19 days ago. I don't want that nic bitch to hold my hand anymore.
KW, toss the bitch gum in ur neighbors dumpster, post roll, and " Commit to Your Quit".

Offline djr2

• Quitter
  • Interests: Baseball, lifting, music, surfing
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 10:02:00 PM »
Well done on giving away the snuff, but you're still supporting that 'nic bitch' that sits on your shoulder.. Toss the nic gum, and post roll in the May 2012 group..
Why quit the nicotine habit on March 1st..?? Why not this very minute.. What is an extra month of supporting an addiction going to get you..?? Nothing..!!
I made the exact mistake you're making, by chewing nic gum.. You havent quit, you're still supporting it.. Man up and start right now..
'Champions are made when there are no bodies looking'
Quit Date: 1-26-2012
HOF Date: 5-4-2012
HOF Speech -Once an addict, always an addict..

Offline KWest

Snuff free
« on: January 31, 2012, 09:49:00 PM »
Well I took the first big step on New Years Day.. I had made my mind up 2 months prior that would be the day when I gave up a 27 year habit. I walked into the bathroom and pored a full can down hen toilet and put the empty can in my safe. I didn't quit because the nagging that my wife was doing or having to look my kids in the eyes and know that I was destroying my health. I didn't quit because I was dipping 3 can every 24 hours or the thousands of dollars that I have wasted. These are all great reasons but quit for the simple fact that nothing has ever owned me but snuff.. I was simply tired of the habit. It has now been 1 month and I have stopped. I am chewing Nicorette slot but at least my breath smells better, my kids are happy and my wife will kiss me again :D I have cut my cost down to 60.00 a month for gum and I will kick the nicotine habit on March 1st. This is a great site and I wish everyone that is beginning this process all the luck in the world.