Author Topic: Eschmit04 - my journey  (Read 8678 times)

Offline chris2alaska

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • I Love the Smell of Quit in the Morning
  • Quit Date: January 18, 2018 - Proud Member of the April 2018 Kings and Queen of Quit
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Four-Wheeling, NASCAR, Golf
  • Likes Given: 1616
Re: New here, 9 days into my quit.... well kinda
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2019, 11:38:34 AM »
One day at at time. One foot in front of the other. Everyday it gets better. As many have said I will have a string off great days then wake up one morning to a familiar foggy or anxious feeling. But it seems to pass a little faster than the last time.

Irritability seems to be getting better, or I'm getting better at controlling it.

37 days in and I realize what everyone means when they say you brain has to learn the new normal. Some days, some situations, hobbies, other habits (good or bad) all are "different" than they used to be.

Stressful situations are challenging to me. I used to handle stress well. Used to fight fire, rescue etc. I find myself having to work harder to stay calm, and also find myself having to think harder or focus more then in the past.

I want to say thank you to EVERYONE here. For the support, for sharing you quits, for sharing your experience. It means a lot. I know I'm not the most active member but I have reached out to a few as a needed, shared some digits, and am always here for anyone.

Side note* am I allowed to change the subject of my post? Seems kinda irrelevant at this point.

You can do whatever you want in your intro.

Your calmness will improve over time as well as your ability to focus and concentrate.  You're doing great.  Keep it up.

Proud to quit with you,

Chris
If you want my digits, just ask and they will be yours, but I expect yours in return.

Accountability is a statement of personal promise, both to yourself and to the people around you, to deliver specific defined results.
Brian Dive

Do not be complacent about your achievements and not to strive for continual improvement when you get to the top. As soon as you let success go to your head, you sink into following familiar patterns and play it safe. In other words, you risk losing your edge.
Roy T. Bennett

You need anything, ask.  You feel strong, help.  This quit is for you but we got your back.
wastepanel

Do not let the actions of others determine the direction of YOUR quit.
chris2alaska

There are no dumb questions, just dumb people who ask questions.
Klark

My Intro

My HOF Speech

My Comma Club Speech

Offline Rick Jr

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/23/19
  • Likes Given: 224
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2019, 09:18:52 AM »
I am damn proud of you and honored to be in the Masters of Mayhem with you. Every day seems to get better, yes we all have those bad days but we work though them.

Keep up the awesome work Brother. Proud to quit with you today and every damn day.

Offline eschmit04

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/26/2019
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2019, 10:34:03 PM »
One day at at time. One foot in front of the other. Everyday it gets better. As many have said I will have a string off great days then wake up one morning to a familiar foggy or anxious feeling. But it seems to pass a little faster than the last time.

Irritability seems to be getting better, or I'm getting better at controlling it.

37 days in and I realize what everyone means when they say you brain has to learn the new normal. Some days, some situations, hobbies, other habits (good or bad) all are "different" than they used to be.

Stressful situations are challenging to me. I used to handle stress well. Used to fight fire, rescue etc. I find myself having to work harder to stay calm, and also find myself having to think harder or focus more then in the past.

I want to say thank you to EVERYONE here. For the support, for sharing you quits, for sharing your experience. It means a lot. I know I'm not the most active member but I have reached out to a few as a needed, shared some digits, and am always here for anyone.

Side note* am I allowed to change the subject of my post? Seems kinda irrelevant at this point.

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2019, 11:06:52 AM »
This too shall pass.

You’re creating a new normal and... that’s not normal. Nicotine fucked normal up and left it bleeding in the dirt.

Power through, man. This place is the right place to hunker down and get through this initial suck. Pretty soon... I can’t say when because it’s waaaaaay different for everyone... you’ll start getting glimpses of your new freedom. Then more. Then more. Before you know it, you’ll realize it’s been days/hours/weeks since you had a legit craving.

It gets better.
And it keeps getting better.
That’s no bullshit, man.
Freedom comes at a cost so pay the price right now AND the payoff is its evolution... it gets better with age.

Trust me.
2,137 days and I’m thankful and love it every damn day.

Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline mayfly

• Quitter
  • You're either quit or you're not
    • My Intro
  • Quit Date: 08/28/2021
  • Likes Given: 192
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2019, 09:27:45 AM »
The struggle is odaat, that's all.  Some days will be good, some bad.  Remember, this is a marathon and life will go on so we need to learn to cope with what life throws at us.  You're doing great!  IQWYT
Half-assed effort only gives half-assed results

Cravings are like March madness...survive and advance-Bgbdbrd

There are two types of quitters on KTC. Those who post every damn day no matter what. They could survive a plane crash 50 miles from Nome Alaska and would kill a polar bear with a pocket knife, write their days quit on ice with its blood, snap a pic with their cell phone and text it to Drome. Then there are those who always have an excuse not to post or to post late. -bicycleptic

Offline eschmit04

• Quitter
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2019, 11:04:13 PM »
Thanks for the support guys. And I know it will pass eventually. Just so hard to upset the people that are trying to support you. Especially when my two year old came into my room, said sorry and asked if I was ready to come finish my dinner....

Offline Hilltop

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: 12-27-18
  • Likes Given: 290
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2019, 10:15:16 PM »
God I hate nicotine. I hate Copenhagen. I hate that I thought I was ever tougher than it is. I hate lashing out at my family especially my two year old because I can't handle my own temper during this quit. I'm still quit. I'll never go back but I hate this part.
Keep at it brother, somewhere somebody smarter than me said “this too shall pass”. It was good to chat with you today, hit me up anytime.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 12:28:27 AM by Hilltop »
“It worked!”
 -Robert Oppenheimer

Offline Gunnar

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2/8/2019
  • Likes Given: 35
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2019, 10:11:45 PM »
God I hate nicotine. I hate Copenhagen. I hate that I thought I was ever tougher than it is. I hate lashing out at my family especially my two year old because I can't handle my own temper during this quit. I'm still quit. I'll never go back but I hate this part.
I know exactly what you mean. 4 and 1 for me and can’t stand myself sometimes. I know it will pass but it sure poses me off. Stay strong.

Offline eschmit04

• Quitter
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2019, 09:02:43 PM »

Offline eschmit04

• Quitter
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2019, 09:15:25 AM »
Thanks guys! I woke up this morning pretty proud of how far I have come in my Quit! I know there is no going back for me.

Anxiety has been a lot better. A little bit of exercise goes a long way for me. Also I cut back on my caffeine intake and I think that helped as well.

I generally don't drink much during the week, But I did drink a fair amount over the weekend with the family while we were painting. I will be curious if the anxiety creeps up today.

It is so nice to be able to come to a place like this and talk to so many people that have experienced quitting chewing.

Offline Hilltop

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: 12-27-18
  • Likes Given: 290
Re: Anxiety
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2019, 12:10:22 AM »
I said some other stuff, but decided I didn’t like the way sounded. Bottom line, you’re kicking ass, and doing it right by being involved here. I’ve had similar issues with anxiety, during my quit there have been moments where I’m having to really buckle down.
 Honestly did really well at first, day 30ish had some of the things you described, short of breath, mind moving a lot.
 I know I Pmd you this already, but in case anyone else can relate I’ll put it here to. Alcohol really seemed to intensify my anxiety, not just when drinking but the next day also. I’ve decided to not drink for a while because of that.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 04:49:26 PM by Hilltop »
“It worked!”
 -Robert Oppenheimer

Offline mayfly

• Quitter
  • You're either quit or you're not
    • My Intro
  • Quit Date: 08/28/2021
  • Likes Given: 192
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2019, 09:29:07 PM »
3 weeks is badass!  Congrats.  You might be having sleep issues, and if so that is normal.  How are your anxiety issues?  Just remember that most of us addicts used nic to help with anxiety and stressful situations.  Until we work out how to deal with life without nic, you might feel stressed out in certain situations.  Most important thing is to post roll every day like your life depended on it, well, because it does!  Anyways, you have my digits, I'll see ya on roll! 

mayfly
Half-assed effort only gives half-assed results

Cravings are like March madness...survive and advance-Bgbdbrd

There are two types of quitters on KTC. Those who post every damn day no matter what. They could survive a plane crash 50 miles from Nome Alaska and would kill a polar bear with a pocket knife, write their days quit on ice with its blood, snap a pic with their cell phone and text it to Drome. Then there are those who always have an excuse not to post or to post late. -bicycleptic

Offline Batdad

• Quit Asshole
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • Churning the KTC Dookie Butter
  • Quit Date: 01/03/2017
  • Interests: Quitting!
  • Likes Given: 1068
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2019, 09:56:15 AM »
1 intro per quitter please!

I merged the 3 you had into 1

Thanks and keep quitting!!

-batdad
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline FLLipOut

• Master of Quit
  • Lady Arsonist
  • Quit Date: 07/22/16
  • Likes Given: 2573
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2019, 10:03:59 PM »
That's great, eschmit!  Keep it up.  It will get better.  Then you'll have some crappy days again.  Then much better again.  It really is a journey, but you are definitely on your way. 
Just one and you will be back to where you started, and where you started was desperately wishing you were where you are now.
"The best way out is always through." - Robert Frost
"I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you!" - Samwise Gamgee
HOF: 10.29.16 | FL 2: 02.06.17 | FL 3: 05.17.17 | Y1: 07.22.17 | FL 4: 08.25.17 | FL 5: 12.03.17 | FL 6: 03.13.18 | FL 7: 06.21.18 | Y2: 07.22.18 | FL 8: 09.29.18 | FL 9: 01.07.19 | COMMA , : 04.17.19 | Y3: 07.22.19 | FL 11: 07.26.19 | FL 12: 11.03.19 | FL 13: 02.11.20 | FL 14: 05.21.20 | Y4: 07.22.20 | FL 15: 08.29.20  | FL 16: 12.07.20 | FL 17: 03.17.21 | FL 18: 06.25.21 | Y5: 07.22.21 | FL 19: 06.25.21 | FL 20 ,, : 01.11.22 | FL 21: 04.21.22 | Y6: 07.22.22 | FL 22: 07.30.22 | FL 23: 11.07.22 | FL 24: 02.15.23 | FL 25: 05.26.23 | Y7: 07.22.23 | FL 26: 09.03.23 | FL 27: 12.12.23 | FL 28: 03.21.24 | FL 29: 06.29.24 | Y8: 07.22.24

Offline eschmit04

• Quitter
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2019, 10:35:33 PM »
Thank you both for the replys. I would not say I'm worried as much as curious and trying to understand. The 4 month mark is atleast something for me to look forward to.

Today was much better. I walked about a mile and a half on my breaks. And drank less coffee only about a half a cup compaired to my 2+ cups. That is an interesting point fllipout about the caffine being more effective.

I will not hesitate to ask my doctor if I feel it is getting out of control. The only reason I come to you guys (I know your not doctor's) but I also know there are a lot of bad ass quitters here that have first hand experienced the effects of quitting chewing A LOT of nicotine. Some things most Drs would not understand.