Author Topic: Today is the day that i Quit  (Read 2730 times)

Offline jsjohnson

• CrusherOfSeeds
  • Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Hall Of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Date: 10/01/2019
  • Interests: Quiting, Motorcycles, Fishing, Cooking and BBQ
  • Likes Given: 300
Re: Today is the day that i Quit
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2019, 11:26:27 PM »
Did he poof??
Wildirish intro https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=805.msg125916#msg125916

"So if any of you still have friends dippin tell them this if you dont have what it takes to quit nicotine you are gonna be TOO big of a pussy for chemo."  -Todd Garcia (Traumagnet)

My HOF Speech

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
Re: Intro
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2019, 02:48:33 PM »
I dont want to give it up. I love it. I hate to love it though. I love waking up and putting a dip in. or putting that dip in after a good meal. But i hate it.
Not starting off (again, apparently) on the right foot by trying to sneak on in here. Lame, dude. Super lame.

I’ll let you get hammered in your old group and new group... if you even sac up to get there.

The above quote from you is just stank with failure. Until you really own this for you and stop the idiotic romanticized loving relationship you have with what is killing you... you don’t stand a chance.

Be better. Own it. Get involved. Stay involved.
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline chris2alaska

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • I Love the Smell of Quit in the Morning
  • Quit Date: January 18, 2018 - Proud Member of the April 2018 Kings and Queen of Quit
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Four-Wheeling, NASCAR, Golf
  • Likes Given: 1616
Re: Intro
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2019, 11:44:50 AM »
Hi all, New quitter here. Day 2. Been chewing for around 10 years. Started doing it socially, continued because of the addiction. Once it became an addiction, there were always "another day" down the road that would be a good day to quit. When i was 18 it was 20. When i was 20 it was before i got married. When i got married it was before we had kids. Now i just had my first kid and im still dipping. I dont want to give it up. I love it. I hate to love it though. I love waking up and putting a dip in. or putting that dip in after a good meal. But i hate it. I dont want to be trapped by nicotine anymore. I cant, for myself.For my family, for my son. I Quit.

So now i start day 2. It sucks, I want it so bad. But i cant, i wont.

Hi Fowldawg,

Welcome back to KTC.  I merged your new Intro into your old Intro as you are only allowed one intro page.  Be sure to answer the caver questions in February 2020 and in your old group.  Check your PM for digits. 

You really need to adjust your way of thinking or I see another cave in your future.  Rather than loving dip, you NEED to Hate ALL things nicotine otherwise, you will never be free.  It will take some time but I'm pretty sure it was why you failed previously.

Chris
If you want my digits, just ask and they will be yours, but I expect yours in return.

Accountability is a statement of personal promise, both to yourself and to the people around you, to deliver specific defined results.
Brian Dive

Do not be complacent about your achievements and not to strive for continual improvement when you get to the top. As soon as you let success go to your head, you sink into following familiar patterns and play it safe. In other words, you risk losing your edge.
Roy T. Bennett

You need anything, ask.  You feel strong, help.  This quit is for you but we got your back.
wastepanel

Do not let the actions of others determine the direction of YOUR quit.
chris2alaska

There are no dumb questions, just dumb people who ask questions.
Klark

My Intro

My HOF Speech

My Comma Club Speech

Offline Fowldawg

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-11-15
  • Likes Given: 1
Intro
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2019, 09:38:44 AM »
Hi all, New quitter here. Day 2. Been chewing for around 10 years. Started doing it socially, continued because of the addiction. Once it became an addiction, there were always "another day" down the road that would be a good day to quit. When i was 18 it was 20. When i was 20 it was before i got married. When i got married it was before we had kids. Now i just had my first kid and im still dipping. I dont want to give it up. I love it. I hate to love it though. I love waking up and putting a dip in. or putting that dip in after a good meal. But i hate it. I dont want to be trapped by nicotine anymore. I cant, for myself.For my family, for my son. I Quit.

So now i start day 2. It sucks, I want it so bad. But i cant, i wont.

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2016, 09:53:00 AM »
Welcome Pro..
Great job posting day 4.
Remember that your doing it for you.
Its your idea.
Only a few are scratch...
Because most of us have addictive attitudes.
Addicictive attitudes can be positive when directed the right direction!
Im an Addict...
Im addicted to my wife... 26 year.
Im addicted to my kids...
Im addicted to sharing the Cross
Im addicted to helping KTC
Keep you cup half full.....
I Quit with you today.
You can do this.. One shot at a time.
Rawls 733 +2.4
I believe.....

Offline dipbegone

• Quitter
  • Interests: Golf, Turf, Baseball Coach, all things with the kids, time on the boat wetting a line
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2016, 10:06:00 PM »
Must be a golf thing. 20 year GC Supt here my man quit like a rabid aardvark 406 days straight. I challenge you and I to a plus 1. Quit like it's your life....because it is.

Offline Jeff W

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2016, 08:10:00 AM »
Andrew, welcome to our group bud Feb 17!! Like everyone has said before the suck is real. Use the boards we have a good group that will let you vent and rage if needed or provide support. GET NUMBERS! I was just going through the motions the first 12 days or so posting roll and reading, which helped but then I had a bad day and thankfully Grizzly Mint from another Quit group had already picked me to help along the way and he sent me his number, Life Saver for sure. I now have digits for a couple guys in our group as well and it truly does help to keep your quit strong. I sent you a PM with my number, text me anytime about anything.

Offline Viking

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Baseball, football, all sports, raising kids, 80s music (Iron Maiden is my fave)
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2016, 05:41:00 AM »
Andrew- welcome to our group. We have a lot of great folks in our group and great folks supporting us. I'm on day 19 of my quit and have found that staying close to the site and helping others is a huge inspiration to stay quit for me. Feel free to reach out via PM to get digits.

Damn excited to have you as a quit brother in the Fellowship

Offline Mitch Betz

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-03-19
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2016, 10:34:00 AM »
Well let me start off with Welcome to KTC, we are glad you found us. 'oh yeah'

Remember to drink lots of water, eat seeds (suggested unsalted), and gum. Alot eat candy but then you get all these extra pounds and noone really wants that. 'finger point' Hit the gym also lifting or doing cardio is a great way to get your mind off of it for a while, pick up another hobby something you like to do.

Now to the instructions of KTC 'facepalm''

First your group should be February 2017, also here is the link topic/30053935/
This is where you will post your roll (promise) for the day (Mitch Betz - Day 381)

Now if you dont know already you might be like what is this posting your talking about i read it in some threads but so confusing 'Crazy' right?
Here is a short video me clear everything up for you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBoCAiiDNyg

Hit up live chat and make some great friends Stay Quit

Quit Date:
11/03/2015

Floor
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Offline Dieselchick87

• Quitter
  • Interests: Mud Drag Racing (2017 first year behind the wheel)My pups (German shepherd & Chihuahua)
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2016, 10:21:00 AM »
Welcome Andrew to the beginning of the rest of your life. I will not lie the road ahead is full of suck and hell but I will Promise you Freedom from that little round can is amazing the feeling is one that you will never want to let go of. So fight like the Dickens for yourself and your Quit no one here can want it for you more than you but we are here to support you and hold you accountable to your decision.

The best advice I can give you is:
* Wake Up Piss Post (WUPP) Every Damn Day (EDD) your group is February make your promise first thing every morning come back and do it tomorrow.

*Drink water then some more then keep drinking water till your eyeballs float help your body get rid of the shit you have been shoveling into your lip I battled each craving with water I crushed my goal of a gallon a day!!

*Reach out and connect with those in your group trade numbers it might sound weird but when you need that extra voice telling you No while you sit in front of the store it will make sense. When I Started here at KTC I was told to get at least 3 numbers and if I ever wanted to throw in the towel and buy a can and cave I had to ask those 3 people permission to cave. I have more than 3 numbers and I text most of them at least once a week some once a day or more and I know that if I ever need them to tell me to quit being stupid and to stop listening to the Nic Bitch that they will do just that.

This site works if you let it
Welcome to the best and shittiest days of your life that lead to freedom and healing for the rest of your life!
Stay Strong and Stay Quit

Offline KingNothing

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 2015-07-10
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2016, 10:32:00 PM »
Andrew your story is like so many others here. Fortunately for you, you have the chance to get a grip on this burden before 10, 20, or 30 years go by before you decide enough is enough.

I, like you, only used for about 5 years before I quit, but i, like you, have an addictive personality. Many of my buddies that used many years longer than me still chew on occasion and they can put it down for weeks or months on end before the next dip. For me, as soon as I spit one out, I was planning when I could get the next one in. My whole life revolved around when I could dip and look out if you were somebody interfering with that dip. It's scary how deep I was in before I decided I had enough.

I have posted roll every single day for the last 496 days. I have kept my promise each of those days. I have never looked more than one day into the future and that works for me. Around here, we call that one day at a time (ODAAT). ODAAT and I have earned my freedom. Freedom from those incessant thought of cancer, of continuing my addiction, of letting myself and my family down.

You can do this. Take it ODAAT and don't let yourself start thinking about forever. Just win today. Get to know your Feb 17 quitmates and hold them accountable. It will exponentially help you in your own quit and you'll be helping somebody else conquer this addiction.

The bottom line is YOU have to own this. If you need help, PM me your digits and I will help you get there. Trust the process and buy-in 100%. If you do that, you cannot and will not fail.

King - 496
"Fuck nicotine dude. You don't need it. And you don't want it. It didn't do a thing for you and you know it." - worktowin
"today you dissided that shit wont control your life. and it wont. unless you let it." - drome
"Not thinking about nicotine is for people who've never used nicotine. We threw that option away with the first dip or drag on a cigarette. We are addicts, and cannot become un-addicted." - wildirish317
"You need to decide how much you really want to be quit." - pky1520
We are always at risk. And probably always will be. That is why I will never get "too quit" to post my +1. Every. Damn. Day. - geis2597

Intro
Freedom Tastes So Good

Quit: 7/10/15, HOF: 10/17/15, 2nd Floor: 1/25/16, 3rd Floor: 5/4/16, 1 year: 7/10/16 4th Floor: 8/12/16, 5th Floor: 11/20/16, 6th Floor: 2/28/17, 7th Floor: 6/8/17, 2 years: 7/10/17, 8th Floor: 9/16/17, 9th Floor: 12/25/17, Comma: 4/4/18, 3 years: 7/10/18, 11th Floor: 7/13/18

Offline Fowldawg

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-11-15
Today is the day that i Quit
« on: November 16, 2016, 08:39:00 PM »
Today is the day that i quit, My name is Andrew, from Ohio. Just got married last May and work as a golf professional. Ive been chewing for about 5 years now and today is the day that I say enough of the nasty, disgusting, expensive habit. Ive had enough. Ive tried to quit dozens of times. My friends do it, everyone that I hunt, golf, fish, workout with all have done it at one time or the other, they seem to have had a easier time quitting. I guess its just my addictive personality. Everything seems to revolve around dip for me. Even on my honeymoon, i couldnt wait until I got home and put that pinch in. That was when i knew i had to stop. Today is the day that will change my life. This time I will STAY QUIT!!!!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 11:38:56 AM by chris2alaska »