Author Topic: The can will die on 8/16  (Read 2787 times)

Offline Tuco

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 7/27/2014
  • Likes Given: 48
Re: The can will die on 8/16
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2014, 07:39:00 AM »
Quote from: wastepanel
Quote from: basshaug
I hear they will exhume Casey Casem for this event. Carson daly will be dooshy.

I'm going to wear my best sweater, and hope to get some at midnight. I'm already sporting a half chub...please don't leave me waiting.

I'll bring flowers...
Waste, I think I think found an announcer even better for this spectacle.
I'm so excited!....what....

Kill that can. Don't leave me crying. I'm fragile, and I'm wearing my best dress.

:WastedPanel:
Welp, here we go. The countdown is on. I'll put money on it that he wakes up today with half a can left. Decides to put it off until Monday, but damn he's got that big meeting on Monday, can't possibly do it then. The worst part about quitting tomorrow is that tomorrow never comes.
But... but... Chantix. That shit is like gold plating for your quit.

Offline mattyf118

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2013-09-06
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2014, 12:16:00 AM »

I'm going to wear my best sweater, and hope to get some at midnight. I'm already sporting a half chub...please don't leave me waiting.

I'll bring flowers...

Kill that can. Don't leave me crying. I'm fragile, and I'm wearing my best dress.

Welp, here we go. The countdown is on. I'll put money on it that he wakes up today with half a can left. Decides to put it off until Monday, but damn he's got that big meeting on Monday, can't possibly do it then. The worst part about quitting tomorrow is that tomorrow never comes.
Quit Date: 09/06/13
HOF Date: 12/14/13

Caving is not an option

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2014, 09:54:00 PM »

I'll bring flowers...

In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline Quitforsoj

• Quitter
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2014, 09:45:00 PM »
COLD turkey is the only way to go..... You don't need chantex or whatever the f it is called -- nicorete is for pussys --

Offline Hubie337

• Quitter
  • Bad things happen to you because you are a Dumbass
  • Quit Date: Aug 12, 2014
  • Interests: Coaching LacrosseBoatingSkiing
  • Likes Given: 77
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2014, 03:59:00 PM »
Quote from: jimthins
Quote from: Hubie337
Quote from: toomqr1
trying to quit dippers
You don't try on KTC.

You do, or do not.

I hope you enjoy that last can today. Tomorrow is the 'big' day. I wonder how much you have left. Is it starting to set in that tomorrow you will finally be done? Or will you think just one more day and I'll be done. I can tell right now, November is going to eat you up. I hope the best for you. But your quit should have already started. The fog could have been lifted by now. Well, good luck.
I noticed he has been silent since his first post.

I know 4 people who have tried to quit smoking on Chantrix. O for 4. It isn't a magic bullet. Have no idea if it helps but it sure didn't help them. None of them I would label KTC material. You gotta fucking want to quit to be here and what are you doing anyways, trading off nicotine withdrawal for Chantrix withdrawal down the road?

A fucking waste of time. They don't realize what the REAL issue is. It's not the dip of tobacco. It's not the cig. It's the FUCKING NICOTINE.

You're completely right Hubie. You have to want to quit. And not the dip or cig. Release the nic bitch from her grip on your life. Don't let her control you any more. Chantix is just another way the bitch can get a hold of you.
I have a friend who gave up smoking 15 years ago. He has been chewing Nicorette gum every fucking day, all day for 15 straight years.

Granted, probably better than smoking but he is still addicted to NIC.

Offline jimthins

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2014-08-04
  • Interests: Fishing, Hunting, Shooting, and Golf.
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2014, 03:53:00 PM »
Quote from: Hubie337
trying to quit dippers
You don't try on KTC.

You do, or do not.

I hope you enjoy that last can today. Tomorrow is the 'big' day. I wonder how much you have left. Is it starting to set in that tomorrow you will finally be done? Or will you think just one more day and I'll be done. I can tell right now, November is going to eat you up. I hope the best for you. But your quit should have already started. The fog could have been lifted by now. Well, good luck.

I know 4 people who have tried to quit smoking on Chantrix. O for 4. It isn't a magic bullet. Have no idea if it helps but it sure didn't help them. None of them I would label KTC material. You gotta fucking want to quit to be here and what are you doing anyways, trading off nicotine withdrawal for Chantrix withdrawal down the road?

A fucking waste of time. They don't realize what the REAL issue is. It's not the dip of tobacco. It's not the cig. It's the FUCKING NICOTINE.

You're completely right Hubie. You have to want to quit. And not the dip or cig. Release the nic bitch from her grip on your life. Don't let her control you any more. Chantix is just another way the bitch can get a hold of you.

Offline basshaug

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2014, 03:37:00 PM »

I'll bring flowers...

Offline Hubie337

• Quitter
  • Bad things happen to you because you are a Dumbass
  • Quit Date: Aug 12, 2014
  • Interests: Coaching LacrosseBoatingSkiing
  • Likes Given: 77
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2014, 03:33:00 PM »
trying to quit dippers
You don't try on KTC.

You do, or do not.

Offline jimthins

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2014-08-04
  • Interests: Fishing, Hunting, Shooting, and Golf.
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2014, 03:18:00 PM »
trying to quit dippers
You don't try on KTC.

You do, or do not.

Offline Tuco

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 7/27/2014
  • Likes Given: 48
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2014, 02:27:00 PM »
Just imagine if you had nutted up the first day you came in here. You'd be on Day 3, fighting through the thick of the shit and feeling a sense of accomplishment at achieving something you had previously been too scared to attempt for any length of time. You'd probably have the digits of a few of your November quit brothers along with some badass vets, and you would have put them to use by this point. Other guys would have been pulling for you in roll, posting your name next to theirs, and maybe even shooting you some PM's to see how you're doing. It doesn't make the craves go away or clear out the fog, but damn does it help to know that there are other folks that believe in your quit and have got your back.

Anyway, back to reality....

Congrats on hitting Day -1.

Offline Menace

• Quitter
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2014, 02:02:00 PM »
Oooh this is getting good.....Less then 24 hours to go until the big quit...... 'Popcorn'
Menace

I'm a Quitter, Are You?

Offline BG

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Epic Quitter
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2014, 01:28:00 PM »
Tick tock...

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2014, 11:46:00 PM »

I'll bring flowers...
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline FkSkoal

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-07-31
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2014, 10:35:00 PM »
Do it now. You will not regret it.
Habits begin as cobwebs and end up as chains.
"The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it." -Jordan Belfort

Offline mattyf118

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2013-09-06
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2014, 10:35:00 PM »
Enjoy your next 4 days dipping. Experience says we never see you again. If we do see you, you'll have my support then. Get on roll, post up and flush that shit down the toilet.
Quit Date: 09/06/13
HOF Date: 12/14/13

Caving is not an option