Author Topic: THE monkey  (Read 1659 times)

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Family and friends. Other than that, anything outdoors....motorcycling, shooting, hunting, fishing, racing.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: THE monkey
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2012, 11:03:00 AM »
You, sir, make an excellent point here. I'll grieve with you over the situation you are dealing with, while also celebrating the manner in which you've utilized and interpreted it.

You have strengthened my quit today, and for that I thank you.

Offline stump33

• Quitter
  • Interests: Keep my HAND out for those that need it!!!
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2012, 09:36:00 AM »
As I stated in my introduction at my age 79 years young i saw quitting tobacco as a new battle to be won, it is not the war you focus on, it is each battle, and each day is a new battle some much greater than others, but all just as important, it is a must win situation!! now you and I both know some days we are not as strong as we are on other days, we have bad luck we call it ,or bad news, unexpected problems.So how do we gain the stength to win todays battle? If you haven't wrote your introduction then stop what you are doing and go write it! if you did already then go back and read it, then read all the information you can find written by others , deal with tomorrow when it gets here. I lost my first wife of 40 years who never used tobacco, to cancer, and was told yesterday that my present wife of 18 years most likely has cancer not 100% sure but most likely! I could throw my hands up and grab the nic bitch, and loose the 21 battles I considered winners,So my friend and my brother when you feel down and out, or weakened by something, you seek and find Strength, not NIC.

Offline cmark

• Quit Pro
  • One Happy SOB
    • PastorFi
  • Quit Date: 04-04-2012
  • Interests: Deep Sea Fishing, boating, golf,Swedenborg, Sobriety/AA, Bible, Fishing,Movies, my Family ... Oh and DEEP SEA FISHING
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2012, 09:40:00 AM »
No Brag just Facts, I am turning 79 years old, raised a poor share cropers son 1 of ten children, after turning sixteen I left home never to tell a mule to get up again unless he was sitting in my lap. did a bit of public work then went in the united states Air force where I remained for 21 years Retiring as a senior master Sgt. serving in the korean and Vietnam wars I have had every thing tied to agent orange, diabetics, cancer , stroke, heart attack PTSD.and survived!
I smoked from the time I was 12 unlil 25 Aug. 1967@930 AM I received orders for vietnam and felt I should be in the best of health so I dropped my 26th cig that morning in to a half can of beer of which I had never drank in the mornings I said to my wife I quit. never touched either for that tour, then started with one dip, that shit hit my blood stream in 10 seconds and I was hooked. and now some one ask me in the chat room why i quit, after searious thought I do not know it was never a wish or desire maybe a new battle, I consider my self battle hardened and proved I can win so just maybe I did it to show i can and to help you so if you ever feel you are going down grab stumps hand,{no loss of limbs I have many}I will drag your ass to victory
Stump welcome and THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!!! U are proof that you can teach an old dog new tricks ... Glad you are here and the example you bring! Honesty, Open-mindedness and Willingness are the essentials for recovery, and these three are indispensable!
My HOF speech:-One Day At A Time
Capital70: "No matter how shit tastic your day is you are ALWAYS one more day removed from your addiction at bed time"
Chitownsnus: "You do anything long enough to escape the habit of living until the escape becomes the habit"

Offline Mcbeevee

• Quitter
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2012, 09:39:00 AM »
Stump, Thank you for your service! Own your quit!
Quit today all day long!!!

Offline AtomicDiesel

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2012, 07:30:00 AM »
I call bullshit on your reason to quit.

Like any old warhorse, I think Stump is addicted....... to the poontang. Now here he is, 79 years young, and he done got him a prescription for the blue vein throbber. Old dawg gonna hang around as long as possible to spread that seed.

....just a theory.

Welcome aboard you old zoomie. Glad to have you here, and quit.
?The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel.? Mark 1:15
Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep for ever - TJ
KTC Retread...Quit for the final time 10/21/2011
Though I am peaceful, please do not assume that I have somehow forgotten how to be violent.

Offline per034

• Quitter
  • Interests: My family - 2 amazingly brilliant and beautiful children and an equally amazing and beautiful wife. Sports - Mets and Giants for teams, golf for weekends... Bagpipes. Been playing bagpipes longer than I've been dipping. And that's a long friggin' time.
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2012, 10:20:00 PM »
Quote from: Zam
Quote from: stump33
No Brag just Facts, I am turning 79 years old, raised a poor share cropers son 1 of ten children, after turning sixteen I left home never to tell a mule to get up again unless he was sitting in my lap. did a bit of public work then went in the united states Air force where I remained for 21 years Retiring as a senior master Sgt. serving in the korean and Vietnam wars I have had every thing tied to agent orange, diabetics, cancer , stroke, heart attack PTSD.and survived!
I smoked from the time I was 12 unlil 25 Aug. 1967@930 AM I received orders for vietnam and felt I should be in the best of health so I dropped my 26th cig that morning in to a half can of beer of which I had never drank in the mornings I said to my wife I quit. never touched either for that tour, then started with one dip, that shit hit my blood stream in 10 seconds and I was hooked. and now some one ask me in the chat room why i quit, after searious thought I do not know it was never a wish or desire maybe a new battle, I consider my self battle hardened and proved I can win so just maybe I did it to show i can and to help you so if you ever feel you are going down grab stumps hand,{no loss of limbs I have many}I will drag your ass to victory
Stump, we all have out reasons to quit. One of the reasons we hear that routinely leads to failure is when someone quits because somebody else wants them to.

Your reason sounds a bit like mine: you were tired of being a slave to the can. Pictures and cancer scares were not enough for me. Te idea of ME being a slave finally did it. Whatever the reason, you'll not regret quitting. Read the welcome center and figure out what we do here, and what is expected. Post roll if you want to commit.
it's a damn fine honor to meet you stump and thank you for serving our country. now, pleasantries aside, let's get some quit goin' here... At age 79 you may feel like you've stayed one step ahead for this long. and that may very well be. but it only takes one. just one to catch a cell. just one to turn. just one to metastasize. don't matter if your 39 or 79. nobody wants to go through the hell that cancer brings.

79 is the new forty, didn't you hear? so you got a whole lot in front of you sir. keep that shit away from your face and you'll find a nice home here.

welcome to the suck.
The love you get here is conditional. The condition is that you are quit.

"Every time you bump someone and dont fix it, a kitten dies" - Jost2Brown

Offline zam

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit is not a passive activity.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2012, 07:18:00 PM »
Stump, we all have out reasons to quit. One of the reasons we hear that routinely leads to failure is when someone quits because somebody else wants them to.

Your reason sounds a bit like mine: you were tired of being a slave to the can. Pictures and cancer scares were not enough for me. Te idea of ME being a slave finally did it. Whatever the reason, you'll not regret quitting. Read the welcome center and figure out what we do here, and what is expected. Post roll if you want to commit.
*Quit today. Full stop. No qualifiers. Tomorrow?... IDK, IDC.

Offline stump33

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2012, 10:05:00 AM »

Offline Skoal Monster

• Quit Pro
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2012, 01:01:00 AM »
Quit nicotine by using nicotine first time , this time let's kill that shit for real shall we? Cope doesn't kill nightmares, In fact , the only thing cope is good for is keeping you addicted to cope. Welcome aboard.
"CLOSE THE DOOR. In my opinion, it?s the single most important step in your final quit. There is one moment, THE moment, when you finally let go and surrender to the quit. After that moment, no temptation will be great enough, no lie persuasive enough to make you commit suicide by using tobacco."

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Swim Bike Run - Shooting - Chasing my boys around.
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2012, 05:41:00 PM »
Welcome stump. I am guessing Dippie sent you a list of "know'ems" about the site. I'm damn certain one of them was posting roll, why we do it and what it means. Let's drive this demon out brother. Start by putting your mind right and telling folks here you quit today.

Offline dippshit

• Quitter
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2012, 12:11:00 PM »
That monkey will grab you throw you to the ground stomp you and make you wish you were dead, but what saved me when I quit smoking in 1968 2 months before going to Vietnam the first time I kept telling myself any one can smoke them even kids, but it takes one hell of a man to quit and stay quit, and promised my self to go for a long walk before i would take the first draw I had night mares 2 years later but finally went away i think because i started dipping cope now after over 30 years i quit!!!!!!! 'bang head'

beeps,

Congrats amigo.

Lets get that roll posted like we talked about.

All the stuff you need to know is up in your Inbox(1).

Reach out if you need anything.

"It's amazing what a man can see by the light of a burning bridge" - Unknown

Offline stump33

• Quitter
THE monkey
« on: July 28, 2012, 11:40:00 AM »
That monkey will grab you throw you to the ground stomp you and make you wish you were dead, but what saved me when I quit smoking in 1968 2 months before going to Vietnam the first time I kept telling myself any one can smoke them even kids, but it takes one hell of a man to quit and stay quit, and promised my self to go for a long walk before i would take the first draw I had night mares 2 years later but finally went away i think because i started dipping cope now after over 30 years i quit!!!!!!! 'bang head'