Author Topic: THE monkey  (Read 1660 times)

Offline magnum9

• Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: THE monkey
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2012, 01:55:00 PM »
Quote from: Kubiak
Quote from: alogan1023
Quote from: Roamcountry
Quote from: SirDerek
Quote from: Bruce
Quote from: 30yrAddict
Quote from: cdmavs41
Quote from: stump33
I have stated before that I lost a brother and two sisters to cancer it seems to never end just as I was getting over the loss of a good friend that had her teeth, tongue and  voice box removed and then died recently, I find out last night my niece has cancer lungs, bones, stomach  and through out her body I have begged her for years to give it up but she like many others said i have to die from something. but so young and needlessly?  now through tears and pain she says if I had only listened to you. its too late now the Doctors can only promise to try and reduce the pain, early death is certain Don't be a fool leave that NIC BITCH alone she wins every time!!!!!!!!!!
That's really awful to hear. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.
damn. just damn.

Prayers your way, brother.
What we're here for, fuck the nic bitch. One quitter at a time...

Thoughts and prayers with your family brother
Man, all my thoughts are with you Stump. Whatever the outcome may the powers be watching over your niece.
Sorry to hear brother, my prayers are with you and your family.
May your family find solace in all this tragedy - and your resolve to stay quit strong. My condolences.
Dude I am so proud to have you in my quit group Stump, you sir are the definition of a bad ass quitter. All we can do in life is go forward.
Holy crap.... This shit is the devil...

I've had enough. I quit for today, invite ya'll to join me.

Prayers for your family, every one of them.

Offline Kubiak

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2012, 11:51:00 AM »
Quote from: alogan1023
I have stated before that I lost a brother and two sisters to cancer it seems to never end just as I was getting over the loss of a good friend that had her teeth, tongue and  voice box removed and then died recently, I find out last night my niece has cancer lungs, bones, stomach  and through out her body I have begged her for years to give it up but she like many others said i have to die from something. but so young and needlessly?  now through tears and pain she says if I had only listened to you. its too late now the Doctors can only promise to try and reduce the pain, early death is certain Don't be a fool leave that NIC BITCH alone she wins every time!!!!!!!!!!
That's really awful to hear. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.
damn. just damn.

Man, all my thoughts are with you Stump. Whatever the outcome may the powers be watching over your niece.
May your family find solace in all this tragedy - and your resolve to stay quit strong. My condolences.
Dude I am so proud to have you in my quit group Stump, you sir are the definition of a bad ass quitter. All we can do in life is go forward.

Offline alogan1023

• Quitter
  • To grow, leave your comfort zone!
  • Quit Date: 10-29-2012
  • Interests: Hunting, camping, hiking, photography, my kids.
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2012, 11:19:00 AM »
damn. just damn.

Offline Roamcountry

• Quit Pro
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2012, 03:49:00 PM »
damn. just damn.

Offline SirDerek

• Quit Pro
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2012, 03:48:00 PM »
damn. just damn.

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, Hunting, Sports.
  • Likes Given: 1264
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2012, 03:47:00 PM »
damn. just damn.

Prayers...
Never Again For Any Reason

Hurt Feelings Report
https://ibb.co/NCwvw7t

Offline Bruce

• Quit Pro
    • www.facebook.com
  • Quit Date: 2011-11-21
  • Interests: Long walks on the beach, cuddling up next to that special someone in front of a fire, just watching the sunset, and titty bars.
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2012, 03:37:00 PM »
damn. just damn.

Quit date: 11/21/11
HOF date: 2/28/12
Comma date: 8/16/14
It's a freedom thing

Caving is NOT an option

-"Now I can walk through walls and my quit can talk to god. That's right. Crazy voodoo magic quit" Souliman

-'Stop being a pussy and quit' Tarpon17

-"this is the gheyest place on earth, if you say it in here it might become someones signature" Bigwhitebeast

- "We Quit Like Fuck" - Coach Steve

Offline 30yraddict

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Feb 13, 2011
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2012, 03:29:00 PM »
damn. just damn.

Offline cdmavs41

• Quitter
  • Interests: Dallas Mavericks/Cowboys, Ohio State, boxing, being outside, beer
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2012, 03:25:00 PM »
I have stated before that I lost a brother and two sisters to cancer it seems to never end just as I was getting over the loss of a good friend that had her teeth, tongue and voice box removed and then died recently, I find out last night my niece has cancer lungs, bones, stomach and through out her body I have begged her for years to give it up but she like many others said i have to die from something. but so young and needlessly? now through tears and pain she says if I had only listened to you. its too late now the Doctors can only promise to try and reduce the pain, early death is certain Don't be a fool leave that NIC BITCH alone she wins every time!!!!!!!!!!
Mr. Skoal, what you have just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Offline stump33

• Quitter
  • Interests: Keep my HAND out for those that need it!!!
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2012, 03:23:00 PM »
I have stated before that I lost a brother and two sisters to cancer it seems to never end just as I was getting over the loss of a good friend that had her teeth, tongue and voice box removed and then died recently, I find out last night my niece has cancer lungs, bones, stomach and through out her body I have begged her for years to give it up but she like many others said i have to die from something. but so young and needlessly? now through tears and pain she says if I had only listened to you. its too late now the Doctors can only promise to try and reduce the pain, early death is certain Don't be a fool leave that NIC BITCH alone she wins every time!!!!!!!!!!

Offline kstampfly

• Quitter
    • http:
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2012, 01:14:00 PM »
Quote from: Morgan1
Quote from: T-Cell
As I stated in my introduction at my age 79 years young i saw quitting tobacco as a new battle to be won, it is not the war you focus on, it is each battle, and each day is a new battle some much greater than others, but all just as important, it is a must win situation!! now you and I both know some days we are not as strong as we are on other days, we have bad luck we call it ,or bad news, unexpected problems.So how do we gain the stength to win todays battle? If you haven't wrote your introduction then stop what you are doing and go write it! if you did already then go back and read it, then read all the information you can find written by others , deal with tomorrow when it gets here. I lost my first wife of 40 years who never used tobacco, to cancer, and was told yesterday that my present wife of 18 years most likely has cancer not 100% sure but most likely! I could throw my hands up and grab the nic bitch, and loose the 21 battles I considered winners,So my friend and my brother when you feel down and out, or weakened by something, you seek and find Strength, not NIC.
My best wishes to you and your wife Stump.
But I love the attitude. Tobacco is no long an option, under any circumstance.
It won't make anything easier, it won't help you accomplish anything. It will just slowly (or quickly) kill you.
Great Job!
Tough news Stump. Keep your chin up and remember that most likely is not definitely. Sorry to see this post....
Hang in there Stump!!! When you are having rough days lean on your brothers to help you get through. Prayers go out to your wife.
Quit Group:
June 2022 No Lip Turd Herd

Quit Date:  13 March 2022
HOF Date:  20 June 2022

Offline Morgan1

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2012-05-29
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2012, 08:06:00 PM »
Quote from: T-Cell
As I stated in my introduction at my age 79 years young i saw quitting tobacco as a new battle to be won, it is not the war you focus on, it is each battle, and each day is a new battle some much greater than others, but all just as important, it is a must win situation!! now you and I both know some days we are not as strong as we are on other days, we have bad luck we call it ,or bad news, unexpected problems.So how do we gain the stength to win todays battle? If you haven't wrote your introduction then stop what you are doing and go write it! if you did already then go back and read it, then read all the information you can find written by others , deal with tomorrow when it gets here. I lost my first wife of 40 years who never used tobacco, to cancer, and was told yesterday that my present wife of 18 years most likely has cancer not 100% sure but most likely! I could throw my hands up and grab the nic bitch, and loose the 21 battles I considered winners,So my friend and my brother when you feel down and out, or weakened by something, you seek and find Strength, not NIC.
It won't make anything easier, it won't help you accomplish anything. It will just slowly (or quickly) kill you.
Great Job!
Tough news Stump. Keep your chin up and remember that most likely is not definitely. Sorry to see this post....
I have control over my quit. There's no luck involved. - Diesel2112

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Ktmdave

• Quitter
  • Interests: I enjoy riding my dirtbike, fly fishing, camping, and my wife....not necessarily in that order .
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2012, 04:55:00 PM »
Stump, i am sorry to hear about your wife, my dad is also battling with cancer, this year it has went into his lunges and he is starting to wees real bad. the doctors also told him, no chemo or treatments can help you now. So you see where im going with this. I have chosen to quit now, because i am a strong person on my own, i do not need the nic. to deal with my problems anymore. When i do feel, now it feels real, instead of on mute.
I need to be there for my family and my dad on my own not with the nic running through my veins.
I am on day #4, and i am looking forward to another fucked up day of my quit to remind me later if i need to that this quit thing is like walking though hell. Hell is what i need right now and hell is where i am at right now. I know after reading others stories the hell will subside.
thanks to you all....ktmdave

Offline T-Cell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2012-02-10
  • Interests: Flyfishing, ice hockey (go Avs, go Pioneers!).Wife Sandra, 2 adult kids.
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2012, 12:48:00 PM »
Great Job!
Fish, eat, sleep. Repeat.
quit date 2/10/12
HOF date 5/19/12
1 Year 2/10/13
2 Years 2/10/14
8th Floor 4/19/14

Offline Leahy16

• Quitter
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2012, 12:11:00 PM »
Thanks Stump. Great perspective on what we are doing each day. Prayers to you and your wife for good news and good health.
Quit Date Jun 5, 2011; HOF Sep 12, 2011; 1,000 days Feb 28, 2014